Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #91
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag
Re: Ontario non sightings community chat.

I was going to post this in the sightings forum, but after I finished typing, I though maybe it'd be better off here.

Fuck Bayfield WalMart!

I've been there 3 days in a row this week (Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday) looking for Beast Hunters Voyager Predaking. They relined their Transformers section weeks ago. So I asked some random employee there if they had any coming in. She scanned the tag with her Telxon and lo and behold they had 3 cases of them in stock! Well they're obviously not on the shelf, so the must be out back somewhere. But she refused to even check because there were "3"(three) skids back there and she didn't want to go through them.

So I went back yesterday hoping maybe they'd put them out over night. Nope. Nothing. So I ask couple girls working there if one of them could check. I didn't even want to them go digging through the skids, of which she confirmed there were "3" of back there. I simply asked if she could just check the tops of them for if by chance maybe it was on top. No heavby labour required. No, because she didn't know what to look for. Even though the box clearly would have said "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyagers" or something to that effect. And not to mention that it'd have the same code on it that was on the tag on the shelf.

And so I just now got back from checking there once again, to see if they had worked those "3" skids and finally put out those voyagers. No! So I looked down the other aisles and found an older lady working in the girls section. Which by the way, looked much better stocked and organized than the action figure section. And I ask her as kindly as can be, "Excuse me miss, do you work in the toys department?" To which she snapped back at me, "Yes! Obviously!" And after I took a second to regain my thoughts from stunning rudeness, I inquired about the Transformers section. To which she stated that she had already worked "3" skids of the "30"(thirty) that were back there. Whoa, whoa, whoa! Now there 30 skids of toys back there, not just 3? Thirty. Three followed by a zero.

Now how could the number have skids multiplied by a factor of 10 over night? They may have gotten a new shipment in last night. But that truck's load must have been nothing but toys! Which wouldn't make sense just considering how small a toy section they have and the season. You know what? I DON'T BELIEVE HER!! I think she just doesn't want to work because if she demonstrated the ability to work harder than she currently is, which is at a snails pace, her employers would expect her to continue working at that faster pace.

I worked in retail for nearly 10 years. So I can sympathize with anyone who works in the field. But this woman and her "associates" are just terrible employees. When I worked in retail, I ALWAYS did my best to provide for the customer. If I knew there was something out back that the customer wanted, I would go back there and get it for them. It didn't matter if it was on the top of a skid or on the bottom, in a bay shelf or in the freezer, I'd get it for them no matter what. Even if wasn't my department. Even if I had no clue what it was I looking for, I'd still go and do my best to find it. And if we didn't have it in stock, I'd make sure it was ordered so that next time they came in, it'd be there. And I did it not because it was expected from me by my employers, but because I know that had our roles been reversed, I'd expect them to put the same amount of effort forth for me as I do them.

Never have I had the displeasure of experiencing such a callous and lackadaisical staff in all my life. I know WalMart has a bad reputation of customer service, but geez! Today, they just really crossed the line from bad service to atrocious. I can't wait for Target to open it's door and put WalMart out of my misery.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #92
Perceptor
Alternator

Bad employee attitudes could be just they're in a job they don't like, or a reflection on mgmt poor hiring or managing skills. Walmart is such a large company I bet all sorts of ***t falls through the cracks. Doesn't make it right but hard to know what's the real problem. And yes, definitely looking forward to Target's arrival. I do hope you find your figs soon.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #93
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Speaking as someone that worked retail at one point, I can relate to your frustrations UP. If it were me in that situation, I would've made sure to go out of my way and dig through the skids.

Though, I don't even bother asking employees for help when I'm out toy hunting. Most often enough I get the "Whatever we have out on the shelves is whatever we have in stock" line.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #94
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
I was going to post this in the sightings forum, but after I finished typing, I though maybe it'd be better off here.

Fuck Bayfield WalMart!

I've been there 3 days in a row this week (Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday) looking for Beast Hunters Voyager Predaking. They relined their Transformers section weeks ago. So I asked some random employee there if they had any coming in. She scanned the tag with her Telxon and lo and behold they had 3 cases of them in stock! Well they're obviously not on the shelf, so the must be out back somewhere. But she refused to even check because there were "3"(three) skids back there and she didn't want to go through them.

So I went back yesterday hoping maybe they'd put them out over night. Nope. Nothing. So I ask couple girls working there if one of them could check. I didn't even want to them go digging through the skids, of which she confirmed there were "3" of back there. I simply asked if she could just check the tops of them for if by chance maybe it was on top. No heavby labour required. No, because she didn't know what to look for. Even though the box clearly would have said "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyagers" or something to that effect. And not to mention that it'd have the same code on it that was on the tag on the shelf.

And so I just now got back from checking there once again, to see if they had worked those "3" skids and finally put out those voyagers. No! So I looked down the other aisles and found an older lady working in the girls section. Which by the way, looked much better stocked and organized than the action figure section. And I ask her as kindly as can be, "Excuse me miss, do you work in the toys department?" To which she snapped back at me, "Yes! Obviously!" And after I took a second to regain my thoughts from stunning rudeness, I inquired about the Transformers section. To which she stated that she had already worked "3" skids of the "30"(thirty) that were back there. Whoa, whoa, whoa! Now there 30 skids of toys back there, not just 3? Thirty. Three followed by a zero.

Now how could the number have skids multiplied by a factor of 10 over night? They may have gotten a new shipment in last night. But that truck's load must have been nothing but toys! Which wouldn't make sense just considering how small a toy section they have and the season. You know what? I DON'T BELIEVE HER!! I think she just doesn't want to work because if she demonstrated the ability to work harder than she currently is, which is at a snails pace, her employers would expect her to continue working at that faster pace.

I worked in retail for nearly 10 years. So I can sympathize with anyone who works in the field. But this woman and her "associates" are just terrible employees. When I worked in retail, I ALWAYS did my best to provide for the customer. If I knew there was something out back that the customer wanted, I would go back there and get it for them. It didn't matter if it was on the top of a skid or on the bottom, in a bay shelf or in the freezer, I'd get it for them no matter what. Even if wasn't my department. Even if I had no clue what it was I looking for, I'd still go and do my best to find it. And if we didn't have it in stock, I'd make sure it was ordered so that next time they came in, it'd be there. And I did it not because it was expected from me by my employers, but because I know that had our roles been reversed, I'd expect them to put the same amount of effort forth for me as I do them.

Never have I had the displeasure of experiencing such a callous and lackadaisical staff in all my life. I know WalMart has a bad reputation of customer service, but geez! Today, they just really crossed the line from bad service to atrocious. I can't wait for Target to open it's door and put WalMart out of my misery.
having lived in Barrie during my college terms (you should know this bro; we met to make a deal a few times), this makes me both sad and annoyed. That Wal-Mart was ALWAYS good for TFs, and even moreso, good for customer service.

I have no idea who got fired and who was rehired, but whoever it was, they need to fix their attitudes
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #95
northren prime
Generation 2

Hey i was wondering if anyone knows the blindpack numbers for the current wave aof kreon microchangers?
Old 02-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #96
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

My diet has been drastically reduced to cereal, Kraft dinner, apple juice, water and chicken based soups. They are the only things my gallbladder will tolerate. Fruits and veggies depends on the gallbladders mood, sometimes it's okay and other times no. Still waiting on blood work results and a call from the surgeon.

But on another topic. That whole Bee fisaco, really crippled the TF lines. I know over the border still doesn't have wave 3 of FOC, alot of walmarts have zero TF sections and in St. Kitts I have yet to see anything new. It's been like a month :/

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #97
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Ultra Primal I feel your pain I have had the same thing happen to me and all I have to say is that for some reason wal-mart employee's seem to not care about customer service and when you bring it up to the manager they seem to care even less so it seems to me that Wal-mart could care less about where the money comes from because stupid pple will always shop there and think it is the best
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:25 AM   #98
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by northren prime View Post
Hey i was wondering if anyone knows the blindpack numbers for the current wave aof kreon microchangers?
22981 40 - Singe (Turbomaster Scorch)
22981 41 - Inferno
22981 42 - Autobot Springer
22981 43 - Warpath
22981 44 - Quickslinger (Slingshot)
22981 45 - Rampage
22981 46 - Insecticon
22981 47 - Blast Off
22981 48 - Decepticon Hook
22981 49 - Dirge
22981 50 - Airachnid
22981 51 - Decepticon Bludgeon

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:48 AM   #99
Perceptor
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post
My diet has been drastically reduced to cereal, Kraft dinner, apple juice, water and chicken based soups. They are the only things my gallbladder will tolerate. Fruits and veggies depends on the gallbladders mood, sometimes it's okay and other times no. Still waiting on blood work results and a call from the surgeon.

But on another topic. That whole Bee fisaco, really crippled the TF lines. I know over the border still doesn't have wave 3 of FOC, alot of walmarts have zero TF sections and in St. Kitts I have yet to see anything new. It's been like a month :/
Fruits and veggies could cause problems too? Boy that's tough!

About TFs availability and restocking... I seriously think the next time merchants will have tonnes of TFs will be the launch of the Bay Movie 4. Many of us hate those Bay figures and movies... but they do bring in new fans and new toys and expand the franchise. They draw people to explore old TF shows and most likely will coincide with a new animated series around the same time too. For those of us who want to sell old stuff the Bay movies can drive prices up for older figures as new fans get involved. So for us collectors it's a love and hate thing with Bayverse.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #100
Rev
Addict

I've given up on mainline toys for MP and third party. Just click a button. Less stress.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote