Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 04-24-2014, 07:49 AM   #31
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus
Re: Generations 2014 Deluxe Toys Update - Crosscut, Arcee and Chromia Delayed

It could have been as simple as retailers saying "we don't want to confuse children with several concurrent lines" forcing Hasbro to change their plans. We might see these figures packaged as part of the tail end of the movie line.

The same thing happened with some figures which Wal-Mart demanded be put in movie 1 packaging back in the day despite the fact they were not movie toys

As others have said though, I am glad they are not getting cancelled like frenzy and rumble. Chances are these figures are further in development, and maybe even have a scheduled production date, so we will see them, just not in their planned wave/assortment.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:49 AM   #32
Longshot
Pretender

I don't mind the delay, it gives me a chance to spread it all out of a year instead of dumping all that cash in one go.
Besides, summer is almost here and there will be so many other things to occupy us that the time will fly.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:20 AM   #33
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

It looks like the majority of my purchases are going to be Mattel this year yet again. (Mattel is crapping out like 50% of the new dolls in May and June) If that is the case, we 'might' not see them until next year. It looks like my only Hasbro purchases this year are going to be MP Wheeljack, comics and those Kreons I brought last week. Since we don't even know what is going on with Windblade, she might be delayed forever too.

Hasbro has the worse distribution department ever.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Last edited by Knockout; 04-24-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:58 AM   #34
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Welcome to what GI Joe fans have had to put up with for two straight movies. Except that brand has never really come back after each movie

The Generations figs should make their way out eventually, especially the new molds.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:39 AM   #35
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Why would they folks? Have we seen actual Hasbro product in Hasbro packaging?

I foresee the exact same problem that Animated Fans have faced. Hasbro invested a lot of cash in Wingblade Optimus, Blackout and Hydrodrive Bumblebee and unless you went Takara you never saw them.

These figures were not 'officially' cancelled, we were told by Hasbro that these figures would be gotten to us somehow when the Animated line got the shaft in favor of Dark of the Moon. And half the cancelled figures were just Repaints that had gone to the final stages or just about if memory serves as evidenced by the AllSpark Almanac Volume Two.

Yeah, I'm going to definitely stick with Hasbro has planned to get these to us and so they'll be available in some way. Yep, Hasbro can do no wrong, their marketing plan for Transformers is obviously solid enough to have retailers support their product lines. Slaggin' movies, they were both the best thing to happen to the franchise and the worst because now the toyline of Transformers has basically become Movie, Movie, Movie, *CoughFanBoneCough*, Movie, Movie, Movie, Movie, Movie, *CoughMovieInspiredT-Vshow/DesignsCough* Movie, Movie, Movie.

Yet they continue to try and operate their brand the same way they did during the Unicron Trilogy days and previously.

I'm kind of glad I've been avoiding buying up Generations right now and even contemplated ditching the line in favour of Masterpieces, at least Takara doesn't cancel product for that line just because of a glut of movie promotion pushing and junk.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:08 PM   #36
Wheeltron
Maximal

I guess as long as they make Rattrap in some capacity I can shell out and get him one way or another.

Maybe those Tankors were a good option for impatient Tankor fans... However many they may be.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:26 PM   #37
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Takara better get Windblade, Chromia and Arcee. I don't see Hasbro crapping them out. Hasbro should of brought Windblade out when the comic came out. that would of been a smart move. Even smarter if she comes out in the same wave as the other 2 ladies. Especially since Chromia is in the Windblade comic.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote