Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 12-17-2018, 02:33 PM   #21
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker
Re: Transformers Siege Voyager and Deluxe Released at Retail

As I mentioned in the AB Sightings yesterday... my Sideswipe broke seconds after getting him out of the box:

https://imgur.com/a/rlm9r7v

Something to watch out for.

Also it appears every Megatron leg right ankle tilt is... broken? Like many reviews have shown, you can move the left one in and back OK, but for the right side you need a tiny screwdriver to pop the panel back properly.

Last edited by chaingunsofdoom; 12-18-2018 at 01:53 AM.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:37 AM   #22
Bountyan
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
Also it appears every Megatron leg right ankle tilt is... broken? Like many reviews have shown, you can move the left one in and back OK, but for the right side you need a tiny screwdriver to pop the panel back properly.
My Megatron's right ankle is wonky too but I don't need a screwdriver. If I apply extra force than required for the left side it clicks back into place.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:13 AM   #23
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bountyan View Post
My Megatron's right ankle is wonky too but I don't need a screwdriver. If I apply extra force than required for the left side it clicks back into place.
My bigger issue with him is that his head does not lock in robot mode.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 09:43 AM   #24
ngnaw
Armada

So much for the justified $10 price increase...Bunch of BS. Broken right out of the package? Seriously garbage!
Old 12-18-2018, 09:54 AM   #25
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
As I mentioned in the AB Sightings yesterday... my Sideswipe broke seconds after getting him out of the box:

https://imgur.com/a/rlm9r7v

Something to watch out for.

Where did Sideswipe break? I can believe it.

Everyone is saying these figures are amazing. I got all of wave 1 yesterday and, just based on my very, very early initial thoughts, I find them a VERY mixed bag, at best.

Some ideas are cool, some succeed and some do not but I don't know why everyone keeps saying the articulation and plastic is "amazing". No it's not. The articulation is typical, nay for the bonus of an ankle tilt, I guess. Like, classics Hound or Siege Hound, both are fine, good, but neither is really better than the other, same with Classics or Siege Sideswipe. I like the Micromasters from the waist down but most of them are rubbish at the shoulders, especially Swindler.

Megatron has ankle tilts? Neither ankle moves on mine. The feet slide off super easy though.

I find the plastic feels pretty awful and I'm waiting for many things to break. I know I am the minority, but so far they feel really, really fragile to me.

Highlights for me have to be Cog and the target masters. Flywheels is okay, but he's no Battletrap! Prime and Megs - I hate the battle damaged look. Prime has a lot of small parts asking to crack off. I really, really need to spend more time with the voyagers, with all of them really.

I don't think I would be this hard on them if it wasn't for the price hike, if I'm being honest.

First impressions, you really don't need to rush out to buy these. They aren't THAT good. The line is....fine, alright, I just don't see why all the praise is being heaped on yet.

Last edited by GotBot; 12-18-2018 at 10:14 AM.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 09:55 AM   #26
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

The $10 more, it went into the packaging which is quite nice.

Waiting until Christmas to open our Siege products with the children. Now I may have to adjust expectations.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:15 AM   #27
oroboru
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post

Waiting until Christmas to open our Siege products with the children. Now I may have to adjust expectations.
The 10 bucks didn’t go into the packaging. It’s snaller than before, which cuts down on packaging and shipping costs. Pretty? Sure, but no way explains 10 increases across the board. It’s clearly a price hike because they can.

I’d be more likely to blame it on the acquisition of Power Rangers before crediting the packaging.

I haven’t opened my figures yet. Only got Cog and Hound. The rest of Wave one is coupon fodder.
oroboru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:31 PM   #28
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

SS broke on the piece of plastic that covers the arm pins that rotate the arms. It was in between the black and red pieces that move and left a small hole in car mode.

SS and Hound are the best of the first batch.

Cog is a parts-former that is fun for play value but not as good in either mode. Flywheels... same quality as Battletrap for me. Can he be connected in plane+tank mode like the old Duocon?

Last edited by chaingunsofdoom; 12-18-2018 at 02:35 PM.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:55 PM   #29
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
SS broke on the piece of plastic that covers the arm pins that rotate the arms. It was in between the black and red pieces that move and left a small hole in car mode.

SS and Hound are the best of the first batch.

Cog is a parts-former that is fun for play value but not as good in either mode. Flywheels... same quality as Battletrap for me. Can he be connected in plane+tank mode like the old Duocon?
That's a huge shame about Sideswipe. See, I wasn't really impressed at all by Sideswipe or Hound. They just make me shrug. I don't think they are bad at all, but I don't think they were needed. I find Cog the hands down best. I love the versatility and I needed him. May be That's the difference, ya know? I needed 1 but didn't have any need to really replace the other 2 from their classics. I will say though that this Hound obliterated the CW one and this Sideswipe obliterated the FoC. As for Flywheels, he isn't bad either but doesn't like to tab as nicely as Battletrap. As yet, I have not seen a way to connect the 2 vehicles but I have had super limited tome with them yet. His joints feel the smoothest though.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:05 PM   #30
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
Where did Sideswipe break? I can believe it.

Everyone is saying these figures are amazing. I got all of wave 1 yesterday and, just based on my very, very early initial thoughts, I find them a VERY mixed bag, at best.
I just fail to see how any of these deluxes are beter than Titans Return Misfire, for instance. Not to say they are bad at all, I just dont see how they are better than what we recently got, for much less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
I think the packaging is nice to make you think these are more premium when they are not.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote