Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-08-2010, 04:07 PM   #21
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: BBTS Shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
Also... customs charges have nothing to do with what store you buy from >_<
This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
Well, realistically, BBTS legally has to declare the full value of their shipments. Other stores that will not be named (while I appreciate that they do so) are actually committing fraud by declaring a lower value on their shipments. So extra care and all that sh*t is subjective opinion and could honestly get certain stores into alot of trouble if someone really wanted to press the issue. BBTS is simply avoiding any and all complications by following the laws under which they operate.
... and this!

It doesn't where it comes from. Customs is a crap shoot. Unless it is coming through a courier service, the worst you should be looking at customs-wise is $5 plus the provincial taxes you would have had to pay anyways.

On topic: Generally I find BBTS is a couple weeks for most shipments.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:12 PM   #22
CyberMnky
Animated

I usually get my orders from them in about 7 business days

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

CyberMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:15 PM   #23
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

When you bought from BBTS just pick USPS First Class Mail option and the worst thing that will happen is you have to pay HST (GST only for Albertans) + $5. If you got lucky or the value of your package is low enough you won't get charged. There is no tracking whatsoever with USPS First Class Mail but I have never had any issue with it - I would get my stuffs between 1 ~ 3 weeks.

If you pick the courier option (UPS Standard/Ground/whatever the basic service is called?) you will be charged $$$ custom clearance fees... but, hey, you got tracking

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:40 PM   #24
Larkhainan
Robot in Disguise

There is an option in your BBTS account to ship international orders as gifts, actually. Guess that does nothing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
I have never had a problem with BBTS, I prefer them to some canadian stores. I am getting a great deal on the G2 prime, wreckgar, perceptor, scourge and kup...better than canadian retail...even with the exchange.
How exactly are you getting a 'great deal'? I'm all for buying off BBTS - Waiting on my first big order now, ordered a bunch during their BF sale - but the individual high demand toys are hugely overpriced and the packs require you buy toys you probably do not want. Not to mention the shipping is brutal. Is there some secret coupon or something? (And I'm not blaming them on their prices, this is for ordering when you don't want to fight your way through the battlefield that is walmart)

Scourge and Trubo Tracks are both >$17, which is more than retail after tax, BEFORE shipping is figured in. Not seeing the math here.
Larkhainan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #25
Richter
Nexus Maximus

For stuff sent from the states, NEVER use anything besides USPS otherwise you'll get raped with brokerage fees.

I've rarely gotten hit with customs/brokerage from things sent through USPS.

UPS/Fedex on the other hand? Every single time

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime
Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:20 PM   #26
Hobbyist Prime
King of the Scratchbuild
Hobbyist Prime's Ebay Auctions

I ordered the reissue Star Convoy from them a few years ago just before Christmas and I received it in 6 days with nothing owing at the post office and it had the full value declared. Sometimes I think they just pick random packages for that kind of thing.
Hobbyist Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:44 PM   #27
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhainan View Post
There is an option in your BBTS account to ship international orders as gifts, actually. Guess that does nothing?
This won't likley matter when their boxes come with their name plastered all over it. Something that [ Store X ] doesn't do. X seems to ship with a plain box and a personal name, everytime I dealt with them.

I do find their prices a little high, and then some on some items. But, I had two PoL shipped this year. And the shipping once your broke it down with everything in the PoL seemed fair to me. The PoL option is the main reason I use them. Makes more economical for me over the long term.

I've just recently spent some time with Ebay and the shipping cost on there doesn't seem much better if your buying a handful of items over a short term. Unless you can get them all from one seller.

As to the customs / Brokerage fee there seems to be no rhyme or reason. Neither of my PoLs this year got tagged. Just the HST, nothing else.

Edit:

My 2 PoLs came via UPS.. I think I forgot to mention that. And I removed the name of the BBTS other big US competitor. I'm sure we all know who they are. I don't want to get anyone in trouble.

Last edited by Akroyer; 12-08-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:40 PM   #28
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

The past year it's been 50/50 in terms of me being charged customs with a BBTS box. No idea why.

I ship Express, it never takes more than 5 business days.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:50 PM   #29
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Yes, getting hit by customs is crapshoot. But when BBTS plasters their logos all over the shipment, who do you think they'll charge, a personal package from TFsource or BBTS?

Unless it's a real deal, I don't bother ordering from BBTS anymore. Overpriced products and shipping cost don't make it worth it anymore.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:32 PM   #30
ChrisW
Thread Killer

Typically for me it takes about 2 weeks from ship date until package arrival. The customs fees you can expect tend to be $5 plus HST for your order.

Actively Hunting: Legacy Nemesis (on sale)

Just Got: Legacy United Tasmainia Kid
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote