Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #31
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus
Re: Are Hasbro's Sales Expectations of Kre-O Being Met?

That was my point, Halo wasn't their original idea either, just a licensed product. And since kreos are made by hasbro it's their IP, they are not using someone elses idea to sell thier product.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #32
sikkbones
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerguy76 View Post
That was my point, Halo wasn't their original idea either, just a licensed product. And since kreos are made by hasbro it's their IP, they are not using someone elses idea to sell thier product.
Cough.. Diaclone...Cough...Takara...Cough....Generation One...Cough... Animated...Cough...
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #33
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

As mentioned by another poster, QC issues have kept me away from buying all the sets. I only got Jazz and I don't like all the swirls in the grey parts. Also, it's not very aesthetically pleasing TBH in either bot or car mode (minus the head). However I did buy all the Kreons loose and I too have those awful white stress marks. Aside from that the Kreons are still nice, as the stress marks are primarily in the back. I do look forward to what 2012 has to offer and hope they address their issues. I would love it if they made an G1 Ark playset
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #34
lars573
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikkbones View Post
Cough.. Diaclone...Cough...Takara...Cough....Generation One...Cough... Animated...Cough...
*Cough* equal partnerships *cough*
Old 01-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #35
Undrave
Canadian Slag

I really do hope Hasbro expends the KRE-O brand. They should give us Dungeons & Dragons KRE-O! They got tons of original monsters and races and making them compatible with the actual DnD game would be cool. Imagine the Kreons!

And My Little Pony KRE-O?! Those would rock! Pony Kreons would probably be more articulated than the real Pony toys -.-
Undrave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #36
Badgertron
Robot Master
Send a message via MSN to Badgertron

I think the fact that Hasbro released at least TWO adorable KRE-O ads over the winter holidays shows that they've still got some enthusiasm for the KRE-O brand, so...

I've heard rumours that they may release Kreon-only sets this year. I'd be totally down for some if so, even if they were only human & robot Kreon 2-packs...

-BT
Badgertron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #37
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgertron View Post
I think the fact that Hasbro released at least TWO adorable KRE-O ads over the winter holidays shows that they've still got some enthusiasm for the KRE-O brand, so...

I've heard rumours that they may release Kreon-only sets this year. I'd be totally down for some if so, even if they were only human & robot Kreon 2-packs...

-BT
If they did make Kreon only sets I'd hope for slightly larger Kreons to represent Omega, all Combiners in combined form, new types for the animal based cassettes and a healthy mix of other characters from their in house brands.

Come to think of it, I'd love to see them finally revive Jem and the Holograms in KRE-O form.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #38
Croaker
Generation 1

I hope that they continue to do well and we see many new sets next year.
I bought all of the current sets.

My main gripe is not using all of the pieces in both modes. since I have them all displayed in robot mode at the moment, I have a box somewhere else filled with all the extra peices.

As for the transformable issue - I just don't think that they had the design skills to make them transformable without having to make some serious compromises. I really notice when building Kero or Megabloks how the build and design is nowhere near the standards of Lego.

I'd also like to second the D&D idea above - that would be phenomenal, and could try and compete with the LOTR lego later this year. (I don't think it'd be a real competition, but getting cheaper, compatible fantasy sets is always a bonus.)
Croaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #39
Badgertron
Robot Master
Send a message via MSN to Badgertron

Hasbro coulda done transformations, had they wanted to, I'm sure. I'm kindof curious who they have designing them, though. Takara guys? Hasbro? Did they poach designers from other building block companies?

I think my biggest gripe with KRE-O is the molded heads. I really would have liked them to have been designed with blocks, or done blockily in line with the rest of the figures, but that would have probably hampered "character brand recognition", which is a huge priority for Hasbro right now.

-BT
Badgertron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #40
Pascal
Banned

I hope the next waves will bring us transformable Kre-o sets. As it is, I'm not buying any more sets other than the Sentinel Prime one to do the transformable Prime posted somewhere on this board.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote