Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-09-2010, 10:27 AM   #31
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one
Re: BBTS Shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhainan View Post
There is an option in your BBTS account to ship international orders as gifts, actually. Guess that does nothing?

How exactly are you getting a 'great deal'? I'm all for buying off BBTS - Waiting on my first big order now, ordered a bunch during their BF sale - but the individual high demand toys are hugely overpriced and the packs require you buy toys you probably do not want. Not to mention the shipping is brutal. Is there some secret coupon or something? (And I'm not blaming them on their prices, this is for ordering when you don't want to fight your way through the battlefield that is walmart)

Scourge and Trubo Tracks are both >$17, which is more than retail after tax, BEFORE shipping is figured in. Not seeing the math here.
I pre ordered the prime, perceptor ,kup, scourge, wreckgar separately when they were first offered, the price for each were between 11 and 13 bucks(before they raised it) when you are paying $18 + up here for each figure that is a good deal even with shipping and conversion of the dollar which is almost nothing right now...I am paying roughly $80 and change when up here I am paying about 92 for the same figures when they eventually make it out here plus all the gas wasted on driving almost 40 km to TRU round trip and to all walmarts around me....all 4 of them ....with no guarantee that they will be there..it would take many trips to find them all and alot spent on gas.

rollbacks are all done with for deluxes for now, so its back to 18.05 after taxes at walmart, zellers and TRU.

oh, my shipments never take longer than 14 business days, most times in 10 business days.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 12-09-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Matrix_Holder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:53 PM   #32
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
Well, realistically, BBTS legally has to declare the full value of their shipments. Other stores that will not be named (while I appreciate that they do so) are actually committing fraud by declaring a lower value on their shipments. So extra care and all that sh*t is subjective opinion and could honestly get certain stores into alot of trouble if someone really wanted to press the issue. BBTS is simply avoiding any and all complications by following the laws under which they operate.
Exactly.

...judging by the above responses, it seems as if the shipping from BBTS takes longer to get to Vancouver than it does to get to Ontario. Shitty. It's still a great online retailer to order from though. I've preferred BBTS to all other online retailers for the past 10 years. Never gone wrong.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:57 PM   #33
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

...hey Joalro, how about an online retailer poll?
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:39 PM   #34
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

I guess I must be one of the minority that has had "good experiences" with the shipping from BBTS!! My last couple of shipments went right to my mail box at the post office and I picked em up no problem, no customs. However they were packages under $100.
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:56 PM   #35
Oreobuilder
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Galvatron View Post
Exactly.

...judging by the above responses, it seems as if the shipping from BBTS takes longer to get to Vancouver than it does to get to Ontario. Shitty. It's still a great online retailer to order from though. I've preferred BBTS to all other online retailers for the past 10 years. Never gone wrong.
Not really surprising. Wisconsin is closer to Ontario than to BC.

OB
Oreobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote