Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-21-2008, 09:50 AM   #1
m.arndt
Generation 1
Question Which online store would you recommend?

Hello,

I am interested in pre-ordering the MP Thundercracker. The 2 best prices I have seen are at robotkingdom and etoysjapan. Have any of you fellow Canadians bought from them before, more specificly etoysjapan? I've used robotkingdom, but not for a pre-order. With robotkingdom, you have to pay up front with PayPal. No big deal when buying an in-stock item, but I'd prefer to be billed when the pre-ordered item is ready to ship.
So, should I give etoysjapan a try, or stick with robotkingdom?
Thanks in advance for any help/info provided.
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:51 AM   #2
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: Which online store would you recommend?

Personally, I have never used either of those so I cannot really comment on them.

I'm going to wait for the North American stores to put it up and go from there. TFSource usually has good prices on these things. Otherwise check out the Canadians on the right of the screen.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:37 PM   #3
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

I have some dealing with TFSource.com and BigBadToyStore.com. Both seems pretty good I got my MP Skywarp from the TFSource and have prebooked the UltraMagnus trailer armor through BigBadToyStore. They don't make you pay up front, so if you change your mind in the meantime you can cancel.
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:24 PM   #4
ChrisW
Thread Killer

I have ordered from the following online stores:
  • Robot Kingdom
  • Digital Toys
  • Kool Toys
  • Golden Age Toys
  • TFSource
I got no shipping notification from Digital Toys; no other complaints for them.

Kool Toys is a bit pricey, but I got my stuff quickly. I'd probably only use them for big orders in the future to take advantage of their flat rate shipping.

Robot Kingdom has really good prices, but shipping starts at $30 for pretty much anything. Once again, I'd use them for big orders only.

Golden Age Toys has decent prices, but slightly expensive shipping. I got Titanium Sunstorm from them since they were the only ones who had them.

TFSource has decent prices but really good customer service. Really good packing, too.

I have heard good things about BigBadToyStore as well. Their prices are expensive, but the customer service is top notch. Plus the Plie Of Loot concept can be quite helpful.

The only place I would actively avoid is Ages 3 and Up due to their current supplier issues. (Basically, their suppliers are screwing them around.) Don't hesitate to buy from their brick-and-mortar stores, but be cautious when pre-ordering non-American TFs from them.

I am also planning to get MP Thundercracker. I'll probaby get him from TFSource or RobotKingdom - RobotKingdom if I have more stuff to buy at the same time, or TFSource if I'm just getting TC by himself.

Actively Hunting: Legacy Nemesis (on sale)

Just Got: Legacy United Tasmainia Kid
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:19 PM   #5
Ozrein
Stunticon

I would totally recommend TF Source for pre-ordering. You do have to pay up front and sometime they get their stuff a little later than other stores but they are top notch and shipping is very reasonable to Canada as well they are very good about how it is shipped (ie I have never had to pay extra taxes/etc on anything I've ordered from them).
Ozrein is online now   Reply With Quote