Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 02-14-2013, 11:36 PM   #141
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: Sponsor News: Automaton Toys - New Arrivals, Coming Soon and Preorder Items

You can be lucky and sell a rare item for 10X it's worth MISB or unlucky in a saturated market and maybe make 1 1/2 to 2 times the value. It's all investment when it comes to those kinds of collectors. To people like me that could care less about the box, why pay more than we need to? It's all irrelevant, no one is wrong here.
MISB IS worth more, maybe one day, maybe right now. You all keep thinking there is just one side here. There isn't. There are those that invest and take a chance with the MISB and then there are those that don't give a shit about the boxes. The only thing that matters is what YOU prefer. Now, we should stop discussing this as this is AT's thread for upcoming product and should be respected.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:04 AM   #142
nervousviper
Generation 1

WOW... Didn't realize that my post will make such an issue. It really goes down on personal preference. As I said on my earlier post it's not a big deal to me. Have a great day everyone.
nervousviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #143
m.arndt
Generation 1

Got my Quakewave from Automaton today.

VERY impressed with the figure. Nice tight, sturdy joints. As long their next figure is a character I like, I'll definitely buy more FansToys product based off of this purchase.

... and I'm also very impressed with Automaton (this was my first purchase from them). So much so, I'm planning on cancelling my preorder w/ BBTS for the MP cassettes and preordering them through Automaton instead.

Thanks Automaton!
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #144
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post
Got my Quakewave from Automaton today.

VERY impressed with the figure. Nice tight, sturdy joints. As long their next figure is a character I like, I'll definitely buy more FansToys product based off of this purchase.

... and I'm also very impressed with Automaton (this was my first purchase from them). So much so, I'm planning on cancelling my preorder w/ BBTS for the MP cassettes and preordering them through Automaton instead.

Thanks Automaton!
Dang! I haven't received my shipping notice yet. Then again I was probably one of the last to order from the first batch. This figure seems to be getting favourable reviews.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #145
Rev
Addict

Mine should be here Monday. Can't wait!
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #146
shabooya
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Window View Post
Precisely.

Prices are based on the market - MISB is only worth what the market demands are for it.

For a collector that doesn't give two shits about a box won't pay as much for MISB because the difference is minimal to them.

So again downshift, capitalism. This is the world we live in, keeping your head in the sand and saying that the box will have value no matter who you are is just ignorant of the way economics works.
I hate to say it, but if any poster here is coming off a little ignorant, it's those who believe that just because they won't pay more for a mint box that it's not worth more.

No matter how you personally value something, If I were to take an MP13 that had a crushed box and at the same time list one with a mint box, I would get more for the mint box....even if i didnt get it from you.

Again, it doesn't matter what you value, it matters what the market values. The fact that AFA exists and grades packaging and in general, the better the grading the higher the worth is proof in the pudding here.
shabooya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #147
shabooya
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
You can be lucky and sell a rare item for 10X it's worth MISB or unlucky in a saturated market and maybe make 1 1/2 to 2 times the value. It's all investment when it comes to those kinds of collectors. To people like me that could care less about the box, why pay more than we need to? It's all irrelevant, no one is wrong here.
You are wrong Joshimus...lol
Its fair to say you will pay less for any given figure with no box, sure.

but to say the opposite is true and that you can buy any given figure with a box for less simply because YOU don't care about the box is wrong.
shabooya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #148
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabooya View Post
You are wrong Joshimus...lol
Its fair to say you will pay less for any given figure with no box, sure.

but to say the opposite is true and that you can buy any given figure with a box for less simply because YOU don't care about the box is wrong.
I meant that if I saw 2 auctions on ebay, say Alternators Nemesis Prime. Let's say, MISB someone is trying to sell it for 100 while the loose one is 20. What I meant, cause box doesn't matter, I would buy the loose one. Should have clarified that.
Then again, it still all depends on the market. If Nemesis isn't worth much even misb, you might find it for the same price as loose.
I really shoulda pre-ordered Shockwave from AT too. Kinda regreting it now but then again, I have expenses telling me "WHO GIVES A SHIT!" so gonna listen to those expenses first.
M.Arndt. I used to use BBTS and HLJ but since switching to AT I've been much happier. Flat rate shipping, NO CUSTOMS, and pricing is still pretty good.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #149
Window
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabooya View Post
it matters what the market values.
Isn't that what I just said?

I am part of the market, what I value is part of that valuation.

If everyone valued MISB and loose was worthless there would not be a market for loose, aye?
Window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:01 AM   #150
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Window View Post
Isn't that what I just said?

I am part of the market, what I value is part of that valuation.

If everyone valued MISB and loose was worthless there would not be a market for loose, aye?
There very rarely is a market for loose. Buying a Deluxe at retail for $15 then selling it down the road for $5-$10 isn't a market.

EDIT: Before I punch this thread in the taint...

Mario - any idea when Car Crash is going to show up?
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote