Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-03-2021, 06:26 PM   #411
style
Energon
style's Ebay Auctions
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
How did you pay for the last two invoices? If you haven't opened and closed a paypal dispute yet, it's not too late. I literally did that to him for $3 he tried to keep, just out of principle. He refunded via paypal minus his "restocking" fee after I told him I refused to pay it. So I opened the dispute and they gave me my $3. Was just a little "fuck you" to him to cap off our interaction. He never stops talking about how great his PayPal metrics are, so I'm sure it got under his skin
I wondered what my options were as well.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:49 PM   #412
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by style View Post
I wondered what my options were as well.
I'm sure you could also report to Paypal that he's trying to circumvent their dispute process by penalizing you in unrelated invoices.
In fact, if I were you, I'd open a paypal dispute for your last 2 invoices and state that to them.

This guy's lack of business ethics is off the chart
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 07:01 PM   #413
style
Energon
style's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
I'm sure you could also report to Paypal that he's trying to circumvent their dispute process by penalizing you in unrelated invoices.
In fact, if I were you, I'd open a paypal dispute for your last 2 invoices and state that to them.

This guy's lack of business ethics is off the chart
I was thinking that too. I had agreed to the 10% cancellation fee to get my orders cancelled.

Last edited by style; 05-18-2021 at 02:41 AM.
style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 08:31 PM   #414
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayback View Post
I've been watching this shop for about 3 years now. When i was still in Toronto - there was already stories coming out of how poorly he was treating customers. I had almost gone down to his shop to check it out -but some instinct kicked in and told me to scrap the idea and I think I am better for it. Now out in BC - i know of at least 4 people who have purchased from NMC and none of them have gotten a professional response. They've all been ignored or berated for emailing in wanting to know where their pre-order products are.

Amazingly there are still those absolute muppets who will push this store to the forefront on facebook groups - casually pointing out that they never experienced any poor dealings and interactions with NMC. I feel that this alone makes them complicit with how he runs his business. Shady is shady - just because it doesn't happen to you directly, doesn't it mean it does not happen. I've tried super hard to not disparage NMC - but I think the communications that he puts out, really does show how underhanded he actually is.

I now end up telling people to read reviews before purchasing from companies. Pay with your credit card - you have better chargeback options. QUIT paying in full for pre-orders with companies that aren't tried and tested. There are better options people.
Hey Slay, maybe those muppets are his burner accounts, lol. P.S update your location, I miss you being over here I hope things are going well on the west coast. Hell I miss everyone I haven’t seen at a con or a show in over a year!
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 11:03 PM   #415
Ransak The Elder
Beasty

I really wonder what the root cause of all this is... like is he taking pre-orders to get money to order stock and running into issues with charge backs, instead of having a reserve of money for stock?
Ransak The Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 11:34 PM   #416
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransak The Elder View Post
I really wonder what the root cause of all this is... like is he taking pre-orders to get money to order stock and running into issues with charge backs, instead of having a reserve of money for stock?
Wouldn't doubt it because that exactly what it seems like. Maybe many of the preorders aren't real preorders.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 10:50 AM   #417
pringj
Generation 1

Quote:
Oh do share!
The emails I received are nothing new. Just more of the same vitriolic nonsense that others have dealt with.
pringj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 12:25 PM   #418
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrotitan View Post
Nice. I called them on SAT and they told me there was nothing they could do after 180 days and passed me off to my bank.
Anybody who HAD success with PayPal past180 days have any insight? Is there a different department you need to get ahold of?

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 01:56 PM   #419
pringj
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Anybody who HAD success with PayPal past180 days have any insight? Is there a different department you need to get ahold of?
The woman I spoke with at Paypal was able to apply a voucher in the amount I was still owed by NMCToys to my account. She said anytime I use Paypal as a payment method the amount would be taken from the voucher total first. I tried it and it worked.
Old 05-04-2021, 01:57 PM   #420
pringj
Generation 1

I did mention the pandemic and the fact these orders were pre-orders that I was made to pay for upfront