Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-01-2017, 06:41 PM   #31
down_shift
Fortress Maximus
Re: Siege on Cybertron box set to be released through Toysrus (Not confirmed yet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
Well.

If I cancel my BBTS pre-order then it will NOT come out at TRU Canada. Or will be impossible to get there.

If I keep my BBTS pre-order then it will be plentiful at TRU Canada, go on sale, coupons applied, widely available, etc.

No one man should have all that power...
You're a good man for taking that bullet for us.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:30 PM   #32
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: Siege on Cybertron box set to be released through Toysrus (Not confirmed yet)

Today is August 1st, nothing going on for it yet. I really hope it waits a little bit, I don't have 150$ to drop on the damn thing yet.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:48 PM   #33
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
ok, well in any case, this is now confirmed to be coming to canada. I found the SKU

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showp...3&postcount=20

If this exclusive will be coming, hopefully they will also bring in the Clones set Walgreen's exclusive...doubtful but maybe...
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:55 PM   #34
Mishap
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
I mean, it was at toyfair, directly from the Hasbro a tf panel, that siege was announced as bbts exclusive. I don't know where the "shared exclusive with Tru" is coming from.
That's true. And didn't Hasbro also say that the set was a BBTS exclusive in the USA, but would be offered to other retailers in other markets? So it's not really shared, but exclusive within each market.
Mishap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:41 AM   #35
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishap View Post
That's true. And didn't Hasbro also say that the set was a BBTS exclusive in the USA, but would be offered to other retailers in other markets? So it's not really shared, but exclusive within each market.
Yup, thats exactly what it is.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:17 AM   #36
lars573
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishap View Post
One problem the NAFTA area (Canada/US/Mexico) is treated as a single market for most kinds of releases. And BBTS is an online store.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:21 PM   #37
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
One problem the NAFTA area (Canada/US/Mexico) is treated as a single market for most kinds of releases. And BBTS is an online store.
But Hasbro treats Canada as a seperate market. Hence why what is a Kmart exclusive in the US can be a walmart exclusive in canada. And what is a BBTS exclusive in the US is a TRU exclusive in Canada. There have been several BBTS exclusives that we have gotten at retail in Canada, like that Platinum Dinobot set and now Seige of Cybertron (which the US will not be getting at brick and mortar retail).

Thats also why those TRU Hasbro coupons are only happening in Canada and not also the US. There are also different price points. The supplier to retailers in Canada is not Hasbro corporation, but rather Hasbro Canada which has its own distribution and accounting.

So no, Hasbro does not see this market as just one.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:27 PM   #38
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
But Hasbro treats Canada as a seperate market. Hence why what is a Kmart exclusive in the US can be a walmart exclusive in canada. And what is a BBTS exclusive in the US is a TRU exclusive in Canada. There have been several BBTS exclusives that we have gotten at retail in Canada, like that Platinum Dinobot set and now Seige of Cybertron (which the US will not be getting at brick and mortar retail).

Thats also why those TRU Hasbro coupons are only happening in Canada and not also the US. There are also different price points. The supplier to retailers in Canada is not Hasbro corporation, but rather Hasbro Canada which has its own distribution and accounting.

So no, Hasbro does not see this market as just one.

Walmart.ca getting the entertainment earth liokaiser exclusive.

Or when Zellers would get target exclusives.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:35 PM   #39
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Walmart.ca getting the entertainment earth liokaiser exclusive.

Or when Zellers would get target exclusives.
(except for when Zellers DIDN'T get Target exclusives, like classics Magnus/Skywarp two pack )

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 03:31 PM   #40
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Quote:
(except for when Zellers DIDN'T get Target exclusives, like classics Magnus/Skywarp two pack )
And there's the unevenness of Walgreens exclusives too - we get all the Marvel Legends ones eventually, but not the Transformers ones.