Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #61
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: Mp-18 bluestreak what did you pay and where

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZarak View Post
I choose to buy locally because I often have problems when I buy overseas. I'd rather pay extra and let A3U or Automaton deal with the hassle.
This is part of the reason I try to buy local. I've been ding for customs fees. Right now I'm dealing with an issue where the package some how got stuck at the post office in China for a month. The seller had to retrieve the package and resend it. These are obviously the exceptions to the norm but sometimes I'd rather not chance the hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack Off View Post

This is called stock.

Every retail store has it.

Your view would make sense if they weren't already set up as a retail store with stock on hand a necessity.
Actually they don't always carry stock on certain items, and sometimes the stock is very limited, like one or two. Plus not every store will set the item aside for you and store it for an extended time until you get around to picking it up. That's time and effort on their part that wouldn't be needed if they just posted the item. That's what IMHO the pick-up fee is.

If you don't like the fee and prices from A3U, that's your right. And if you can find the item for cheaper, more power to you. But when you start a conversation by saying something is an F-you pick-up fee, it doesn't exactly start the discussion off on a good note.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #62
protoform_ironhide
Commander

I do have lots of confidence in HLJ. Things like that did happen to me on a missing part from a figure, but that was long time ago, got a replacement part free of charge here too.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #63
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
This is part of the reason I try to buy local. I've been ding for customs fees. Right now I'm dealing with an issue where the package some how got stuck at the post office in China for a month. The seller had to retrieve the package and resend it. These are obviously the exceptions to the norm but sometimes I'd rather not chance the hassle.
Try not to buy things from China directly, now that I totally agreed. Too many problems and it does give you hassle.. If one really do, it has to be fully protected from EBay with Paypal and pay with credit card.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #64
elburrito
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
Try not to buy things from China directly, now that I totally agreed. Too many problems and it does give you hassle.. If one really do, it has to be fully protected from EBay with Paypal and pay with credit card.
I have bought from HK for years and have never been dinged or disappointed. In fact, the average button click to door turnaround is 1 week and has never exceeded 2.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #65
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by elburrito View Post
I have bought from HK for years and have never been dinged or disappointed. In fact, the average button click to door turnaround is 1 week and has never exceeded 2.
That's good. I have problems with sellers from Mainland China sometimes on ebay, I try to avoid them as much as possible. HK sellers are generally a little better... just got to check their feedback.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:45 PM   #66
wheeljaxx
Always in pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazarite View Post
Did you order from Robot Kingdom? What has been your experience with customs and brokerage fees? Any hassles to speak of.

I'd certainly be interested in pooling resources to save a few bucks on shipping.

Nope, Ebay.

No import fees, super fast shipping.
Already cleared customs now and is on its way to halifax.
wheeljaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:24 AM   #67
funkmasterke
Custom User Title

Got it from HLJ for 56.00 shipped. Thought about going for RK but there shipping is waaaay too expensive. Though it still beats the prices of BBTS and A3U.
funkmasterke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #68
OLDMR
Beast Machine

I bought one with the launcher and it just seemed like cheap plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNKerS View Post
The ones where you pay $90 is perfectly fine if you get the Launcher and coin.

I regret not having the launcher for Prowl and Streak.

Look at the prices for the launchers after the fact.
I'm in the boat where I'll need to wait for the launchers. Guess what? they will end up being $30-40. Add that to the great deal... it's not so great afterall.

The standard launchers which are attached to the cars are bleh... I love the masterpieces the only negative i have are the those launchers!!

Oh you also get the collectors coin... I love me some coins... some could care less I understand that. It is an added value to me as a collector.
OLDMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #69
BoNKerS
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDMR View Post
I bought one with the launcher and it just seemed like cheap plastic
hmmm I actually love em!

Ahhh the chrome, plus it looks just my like the ones my G1 figures have. I won't knock the stock launchers as I'm not here to get into that debate.

I just believe the launchers are a fantastic item to have if you are of a fan of G1 as you remember it.
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #70
Deception
Crossover

lol the launchers are nice...if i had a choice to pick between the launcher or coin i'd take the launcher in a heartbeat
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote