Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
Witterquick
Unabashed Cosmos Fanboy
I'm having a collection crisis of sorts.....

I could use some advice. I was perusing my collection, and while taking a long hard look at the RotF stuff I have I realized that i'm unsure if I actually want to keep them still.

Thing is, i've never in my life gotten rid of a figure, save one. I had a second G1 Air Raid I gave to my best friend. There's a part of me that screams to not get rid of em, but they mostly sit in a storage bin under my bed. I'd display them if I had the space, but i'd never play with them.

I want to keep key figures from the line. I kind of went OCD when it started arriving, and picked up every figure I could find. So i've got a pile of repaints and such.

What should I do, keep em or sell em? And if I do decide on selling, would they even go? Opinions?
Witterquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
sarmick01
Canadian Slag
Re: I'm having a collection crisis of sorts.....

That is why I generally now only buy the figures I want to keep, unless it's a good deal and I can trade it later. Those "key" figures you're talkin about keeping are probably the only ones that would sell. I find unless it's a figure that you didn't see much of(ROTF Evac and red Rampage), they will sit on a sell list for a while.
sarmick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witterquick View Post
I could use some advice. I was perusing my collection, and while taking a long hard look at the RotF stuff I have I realized that i'm unsure if I actually want to keep them still.

Thing is, i've never in my life gotten rid of a figure, save one. I had a second G1 Air Raid I gave to my best friend. There's a part of me that screams to not get rid of em, but they mostly sit in a storage bin under my bed. I'd display them if I had the space, but i'd never play with them.

I want to keep key figures from the line. I kind of went OCD when it started arriving, and picked up every figure I could find. So i've got a pile of repaints and such.

What should I do, keep em or sell em? And if I do decide on selling, would they even go? Opinions?
its hard to part with a lot of the bots i sold. my general rule is if it collects too much dust i'd sell it. probalem is that bayformers do not have much resale value. i'd say keep em anyway or use them for custom fodder. repaint some of them. the details on bayformers are unmatched.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:28 PM   #4
Magnimus
Alternator

I'm in the same position as you, although I've been more willing to let figures go as of late.

I bought a lot of movie figures and ROTF toys because I was -- and still am -- impressed by the engineering. Now, however, my interest in the figures has cooled. Despite the impressive engineering, they are an aesthetic mess and I have no connection to the characters. Even worse, the movie actually soured me on the figures. I'd hate to give up my HA Mudflap and Skids because they're great toys, but they're ugly looking characters that I associate with a terrible movie.

So, I'm slowly picking through my ROTF toys and parting with them. I find that I take it slow, it becomes easier and easier to sell or trade them off with each figure I get rid of.

Anyone need ROTF Constructicons? (yellow Rampage and voyager Mix Master, Long Haul, and Demolisher). Hit me up.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:32 PM   #5
pulsedragon20
I win

I was thinking the same thing about getting rid of TFs from the TFTM and ROTF lines. Those bots are interesting but overall they are pretty ugly and some of the transformations are painful and "not functional"

BUT the TF collector in me doesn't want to part with them, even if they are ugly....what to do, what to do
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:45 PM   #6
Rodimus1982
Beasty

I didn't like the ROTF/ TFTM/ HFTD... The only one I bought was Sideswipe ( which I really like as a kid and Thrust whose a Seeker and those I loved...) Other than that I don't have any...

OUPS I also have the FAMOUS Devastator Legends....
Rodimus1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #7
ang3l3s
Robot Master

Selling current retail stuff is always harder than exclusive current stuff. But what is common today might be scarce in the future as everyone else is getting rid of them. I remember what my co-workers mom once said when her daughter wanted to get rid of some old furniture ..."is it bothering you..do you have to feed it..NO , so leave it there" It's not like it's live stock and all those kids who saw the movies will grow up to be.. you guessed it..US!!!!
ang3l3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #8
Nullray
IGC

I always collect items that I want to keep. It have a few Bayverse items but not to many of them. If you don't like them you could always gift them out to less priveledge kids every now and then. Make someone else smile.
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:56 PM   #9
Witterquick
Unabashed Cosmos Fanboy

Thing is, I don't hate the entire line, just about.....60-70% of it. Some figures (Leader OP, Leader SS,) are just amazing in every aspect, some are just damn cool (HA Jazz, Bludgeon) and I have a soft spot for out-there altmodes (Ransack, Ejector).

I think i'll end up picking and choosing some to keep, and sell/trade the rest. At the least I should be able to make a little money, and trim down the collection for more RtS/Generations that I like. Which is all of them.
Witterquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #10
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

If you decide to part with them, sell them...here. I put up a sales thread about 2 months ago, and it's been great. I moved a whole bunch of figures that I just didn't really care for anymore and got them new homes where someone did want them. It was an easy way to make some cash, make some room, meet some awesome new people and I even turned around and bought/traded for some figures that I wanted but could never find.

It's hard at first, so maybe just start by getting rid of a few figures that you just really don't think you'll ever miss. See if that works for you, then you can decide if you want to list more or just stop. Either way, good luck!
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote