Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 08-04-2022, 11:00 AM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Transformers Studio Series 86 Voyager Ironhide Alt Mode In-Hand Images

Coming to us from Cybertron Philippines Facebook*we have our first look at the alt mode of the new*Transformers Studio Series 86 Voyager Ironhide. The images let us see Ironhide’s classic van mode from all angles and undercarriage. As we can see this mode is pretty compact and solid with no visible robot mode parts. As it was rumored, it seems it doesn’t use any partsforming. We also have some size comparison images next to the Earthrise Optimus Prime mold. We had previously seen a small robot mode image, which you can find on this news post. See the » Continue Reading.

The post Transformers Studio Series 86 Voyager Ironhide Alt Mode In-Hand Images appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 08-04-2022, 11:21 AM   #2
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 Voyager Ironhide Alt Mode In-Hand Images

MISMATCHING REDS

you can't look at that folding panel inbetween the wheels and tell me this isn't Siege/ERhide
I mean it's probably "upsized" but that's the snap panel that hangs down off the outsides of his legs
At the very least, they're incorporating mechanics from that mold, in this one

with that said, this is looking great, and the (no feet off the back) alone, makes it a get

A shade concerned that some of those roof panels are visibly painted clear plastic, though
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 11:23 AM   #3
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

They've been painting clear pieces of plastic for years. One can try to paint over it themselves, but good luck March the shade of the rest of the figure.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 11:26 AM   #4
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
They've been painting clear pieces of plastic for years. One can try to paint over it themselves, but good luck March the shade of the rest of the figure.
Sorry I should clarify, it's not necessarily the paint-on-clear-plastic that bothers me (except for shades don't match)
It's whether or not the use of clear plastic pieces is going to result in QA damage
(still mad about ER Prowl)

EDIT -> also forgot to cheer that these wheels look pretty nice (and at least are not clip-ons)

Last edited by evenstaves; 08-04-2022 at 11:29 AM.
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 12:42 PM   #5
delrue
Crossover

I see they're back to thinking the gold stripe is optional.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 01:30 PM   #6
Tiffster
Classic

Makes my Earthrise obsolete so soon. Looks great. I want a Ratchet.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 02:01 PM   #7
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Its awesome a little to big.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 02:24 PM   #8
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Man the lack of paint and the crap job they did matching red plastic to painted clear plastic is really bringing him down, especially at a higher price point. I really wish Hasbro would just stop with the clear plastic. It rarely looks that great and painted windows would allow some of these characters (looking at you, Camara Bumblebee) to stop looking so hodgepodge in vehicle mode.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 03:12 PM   #9
Marcotron
Robot Master

Gee, I wonder where Ratchet's lightbar is going to peg on... lol.

What kinda bugs me about the alt mode, is the barber poles sticking out where the panels fold back. It's forgivable on a small legends sized figure, but here, it looks offputting.

It's annoying the yellow stripe is missing (maybe on a buzzowrthy bumblebee version?). I understand budgets being slashed, but as the prices go up and up and up, it's harder to excuse things like that being missing, or left to a third party Reprolabels to fill in. I'm sure the designers are doing their best, and its interesting to see the engineering development in the post John Warden TF world...

This is a huge step up from the Siege/Earthrise figure, and I'm glad I never bothered with either of those. I still dislike the skinny thighs and biceps, as it ruins the silhouette of the character for me. Ironhide was one of my favourite characters, so it's good that they're finally closer to a good mainline figure of him. I will give them lots of credit for figuring out how to make the front window properly become the chest.

I'm curious what the transformation is like, hopefully it is similar to the gymnastics of the MP, as that is the funnest transformation ever.
And, I still have a soft spot for the Classics Ironhide/Ratchet mold, which had a unique and challenging transformation. This new mold seems to have a lot of panels that fold in on themselves.

I hope this comes with the biggest blast effect ever to put on his back for when Megatron blasts him.

Last edited by Marcotron; 08-04-2022 at 03:19 PM.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote