Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-21-2013, 11:58 PM   #141
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.
Re: Ontario non sightings community chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
Set up the mail forwarding with Canada post if it's coming through them?

Mail forwarding? Never heard of that. It's coming by USPS AIR. I'm going to look into this. If nothing can be done by BBTS on their end, I'm going to try this.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Last edited by Knockout; 11-22-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:59 AM   #142
RocketGTR
Animated

Ya say you sold your house and moved to a new one. If you contact Canada Post they can set up a mail forwarding for you. Monthly fee but it ensures you won't miss any bills you may have forgotten to change the address for. You just tell them how long you want to set it up for and they should do it.

I THINK that USPS will transfer to CP to make the final delivery. So this may be an option for you.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #143
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

I looked into it, turns out they only do 4months and 12 months. But BBTS got back to me and were actually able to change the package address so everything should be fine now. The dude told me that sometimes when you make an order with the old address, when the pre-order comes in it goes to that address instead of the new one on file.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #144
3rdStryk3
Generation 1

Not really a sighting, but Amazon Japan has a good deal on MP-13. For those who have friends or family in Japan that can help you out this might be worth it for you. Works out to about $90 shipped to a Japanese address. Or you could try one of those middle man services, although I don't know if that would cancel out any savings.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%BF%E3...keywords=mp-13
3rdStryk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:56 AM   #145
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Guess what kind of fun I am having.

A few months back we brought this newly upgraded home including a finished basement with laminate flooring. The basement has a slope where it's higher at the front of the house and lower near the back. In the back area of the basement, a second of the floor closer to a bedroom started to make whooshing sounds. It went away after a few days and we didn't hear it again before the week before family day.

It started whooshing but the area was longer then before, did it for an entire week before I noticed bubbling on one of the panels in the light while doing cosplay. Upon asking Swallowdarkness if it always looked like that. I noticed droplets of clear water and that is what brings me to the start of this fisaco. We noticed some of the other panels in the area are starting to 'boat', and when pressed upon (These are interlock floating floor, cork base laminate) the water bubbles up.

Unfortunately at the time we couldn't do anything but watch it and not step in that area. It stopped seeping, the damage was done though, 6 panels need to be removed. But with my Dad at away at the Bruce, we had to wait before we got back. The whooshing and seeping had stopped until last night.

I came home about 5pm last night, the floor seemed fine, no whooshing, no seepage. Was upstairs for a couple hours then returned downstairs to find about 10 inches from the stairs the whooshing sound. It was never up this far and stayed close to the back right of the basement before. It whooshes in a strange pattern too. Nothing near the front of the home basement area has whooshing, nor signs of water damage. Just where the basement is lowest. Not only that we also have the whooshing and definite water sounds in the laundry room about the size of the doorway towards the bathroom wall. No whooshing in the bathroom though. Water damage has not been seen in this expanded area yet, nor have we seen water seepage, but the first area we saw it in is seeping even when you don't step on it.

I drew a map. The tan coloring is where the whooshing is now, light blue is water seepage/damaged tiles, dark blue is definite water under the vinyl flooring. When you step on it it makes a whoosh followed by the sound of someone pouring liquid into a cup. X's are support beams

Old 02-21-2014, 11:39 AM   #146
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Edit/ Had a bunch of info thinking the sound was in the basement ceiling, but it's actually in the basement floor, right?

Last edited by Goaliebot; 02-21-2014 at 11:42 AM.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:49 AM   #147
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

yup, sorry I should of been clear, it's the basement floor. We don't know what is causing it yet. But we have a sump pump and spray foam and we know it's not the drainage because every time we used the water we'd know about it. We are thinking it might be condensation building up over time under the floor, but we won't know until we cut the laminate up and investigate further. It's not coming up in pools, more like weeping really. It alarms me this time because we now have whooshing in new areas. It used to be just near the right bedroom and now it's spreading up towards the stairs. No whooshing in the bathroom and no where in the laundry room but that area where we are sure there is water.

The good thing is it is not occurring where electronics are on the floor and it is being limited to where the floor dips. Bad news, no idea about mold, or if there is a lake under the floor. The drain was covered by the flooring, we have no idea if it's even open yet.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:58 PM   #148
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Check the outside of your home around the walls, you may have water leaking from one of the walls to the basement. If this is the case you will probably have to wait until Spring to excavate around the affected area (outside) and do some water proofing on the exterior wall.

My folks had a similar issue, I don't know about the whooshing you speak of, but they had some water seeping from what appeared from the ground but was actually from one of the sides of the wall.

Either way, it's a good idea to move any piles of snow away from the sides of your home, because water can easily get into basement windows and cinder block cracks that may not be directly visible, but could be there below the ground level.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:35 PM   #149
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Could be a crack in the foundation letting up water... :-s

Hope it isn't too bad.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:24 PM   #150
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

So we are sucking water out on our 4th gallon right now. Its a new basement with a new sump pump which is currently empty and spray foamed as well asnew exterior supposely. The inspector we had was pretty thru and had no issue with the foundation. Sis thinks the drain might be closed. But we havent got far enough to see. Heck we dont ever know where it is.