Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 04-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
johndclayton
Generation 1
marvel comics #01 GIJOE ARAH million to 1 find in comic book shop last month

this is something that happenedto me back in the first week of march earlier in this year.

any ways i was over in lima ohio lat the time stoping in to pick up my months worth of idw transformers single issue comics from the previous month of febuary and the guy at the desk told me that he had actually been able to order me in a single issue comic book that i had placed a order for way back in the first week of december of last year 2012

ive been a long time customer over at alter ego comcis for the past 6 years going there once a month to pick up my single issue transformers comics and any new transfomrers books they get in month to month as i happen to collect them over time.

anyways the guy at the desk got into the habit of bragging over time about how he knows a lot of guys as fellow comic collectors, and fellwo comic book shop owners all over ohio state from here to mexico and he was always bragging about how he could place a order for any book or single issue comic from anywhere in the contry no matter how old the issue or book was so long as he could track down the order numbers for it at the time.

well last december i had some extra moeny to throw around on comic books at the time and i figured it was about damn time someone put the guy to the challenge to see if he would finally put up or shut op over the whole matter so to speak.

he really is a nice likable sort of guy as grown up comic book geeks go but damn if he dont get annoying sometimes with all the bragging.

honestly i meant no harm in the matter for my part i jsut wanted to see if the guy was realy as damn good as he claimed to be in the business.

it was my curiosity for the most part that got me thinking on the matter when i placed my order for a single issue comic from 1982 and gave him the number information for the comic at the time he placed the order

i was not even serious when i asked him to place a order for me for a mint condition single issue comic of marvel comics G.I.J.O.E. A Real American Hero #01 from 1982

3 months passed from the day he placed the order to theday he told me my order had arrived the day i stopped in last friday.

he actually managed to fill my order for that mint condition marvel comics gijoe a real american hero issue 1 from way back in 1982

honestly i have no idea how the money changes in currency going form american currency to mexican currency money wise but i think someone lost track somewhere alogn the way money conversion wise
cause i got me a hell of a sweet deal for that mint condition comic and it only cost me $25.00

that has got to be a insanely sweet deal i got for the comic book price wise

i mean seriously what are the odds of that?

i aint no beting man but i woudl have to wager that the odds against my order being filled for that single issue mint condition comic book and me getting it at such a incredible price must have been somewhere in the ball park area of a million to one.

i dont even have any interest inthe gijoe fictional mythos but my cousin/surrogate brother zach is a huge huge HUGE FAN of gijoe when it comes to the comics and the 80's carton the toyline and the live action movie

he grew up on gijoe as a kid and even as a adult comic book and cartoon geek he is still a life long gijoe fan to this very day. hell even one of his sons is a huge fan of gijoe too. his other son happens to be a huge fan of the transformers like me

it was our mutual shared interst in saturday morning 80's carton and gijoe and transformers comcis that really kicked off this whole family bond that zach and i have with each other and with his 2 sons when it comes to our shared mutual intest in comic books and saturday morning cartoons.

his two sons sebastion age7 and brody age 8 have even gotten into the habit of calling me their uncle derek over time that it just got to the point zach and i both decided to adopt eachother asa surrogate brother over time what with my being there for his two sons as a kind of , sort of , unnoficial semi-goduncle of sorts

he is so totally gonna seriously freak out when he sees the mint condition gijoe comic i got him for the coming christmas this year

that sigle issue comic has got to be a incredibly rare piece of gijoe memoralbilia as collectors items go.

i wonder hwo much it might really be worht collector wise though. im hoping that will jsut keep it mint over the years as a sort of personel inheritance to pass onto his sons over the years.

either that or zach could sell it for a good bit of money later on over the years when his sons have graudated from high school and use it to help get one of his sons into a good college using the money from selling the comic to help either of his sons pay for their college tuitiuon over time when either one of the boys are old enough to go to college
johndclayton is offline   Reply With Quote