Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-07-2014, 02:21 AM   #91
steamwhistle
Crossover
Re: Black Convoy MP...getting pricier?

Laffy, I admire your good spirit!
I hope you get your money back speedily, AND one of those Frozen figures.
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 03:40 AM   #92
Beechy
The Veteran.

Hold on.... Where do I get the trailer from?
Beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:43 AM   #93
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
Laffy, I admire your good spirit!
I hope you get your money back speedily, AND one of those Frozen figures.
Well ebay shut him down so time will tell my claim with paypal looks better by the day that he will not respond by the 15th I bet he's going to try and run. So come than I will win and get my money back anyway so win win. Thanks for the support and I'm just dieing to see what he shipped me. Sad part is I now can't leave bad feedback rats
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:49 AM   #94
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechy View Post
Hold on.... Where do I get the trailer from?
Crobot91 sells them their 50.00 and is a great deal and perfect match for mp 10b
Old 11-07-2014, 06:02 AM   #95
bikeguy
Generation 1
bikeguy's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
Well ebay shut him down so time will tell my claim with paypal looks better by the day that he will not respond by the 15th I bet he's going to try and run. So come than I will win and get my money back anyway so win win. Thanks for the support and I'm just dieing to see what he shipped me. Sad part is I now can't leave bad feedback rats
I just completed filing my claim, I have had correspondence with seller recently and he asked me to wait 3 days to allow him to retrieve the tracking info claiming the post office is very busy. I'll let you guys know what happens.
bikeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:41 AM   #96
steamwhistle
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
Crobot91 sells them their 50.00 and is a great deal and perfect match for mp 10b
Really??? dang... I both a YOTH OP just for the trailer... I'm wondering if the trailer can be swapped with the upcoming MP Ultra Magnus. I think that would look pretty cool too.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 01:09 PM   #97
Wheeljack Off
Banned
Wheeljack Off's Ebay Auctions

Was more referring to the fact that so many who didn;t buy this figure were so interested and were commenting as to how they followed this thread regardless.

People take risks that others do not, and those who did not but were interested in doing so often have a vested interest in seeing whether that risk paid off or not.

They win, you lose, you lost, they win.

Wasn't insinuating that anyone here was rubbing in or acting inappropriately.

Just the fear of missing out.

This is just human nature and classic market psychology.

I called Ebay directly.
Took maybe 20 minutes and the full refund is already in my paypal account.

This seller has already been flagged and I was told any claim that is outstanding or based on an item from a seller who has been recently delisted is automatically closed in the buyers favor once it;s been opened.

The only way you could lose on this is to NOT file a claim.

Never been through this process before and I actually learned a lot about how Ebay, Paypal and claims work.

Not a total loss but I would way rather have the figures for a great price.

No better feeling.

Last edited by Wheeljack Off; 11-07-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Wheeljack Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 01:17 PM   #98
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack Off View Post
Was more referring to the fact that so many who didn;t buy this figure were so interested and were commenting as to how they followed this thread regardless.

People take risks that others do not, and those who did not but were interested in doing so often have a vested interest in seeing whether that risk paid off or not.

They win, you lose, you lost, they win.

Wasn't insinuating that anyone here was rubbing in or acting inappropriately.

This is just human nature.

I called Ebay directly.
Took maybe 20 minutes and the full refund is already in my paypal account.

This seller has already been flagged and I was told any claim that is outstanding or based on an item from a seller who has been recently delisted is automatically closed in the buyers favor once it;s been opened.

The only way you could lose on this is to NOT file a claim.

Never been through this process before and I actually learned a lot about how Ebay, Paypal and claims work.

Not a total loss but I would way rather have the figures for a great price.

No better feeling.
what number did you call ebay with.... I thinking im going to call ebay and get the refund asap like you rather than waiting till the 15 for a reply
Old 11-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #99
wedge1021
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Unfortunately Canbot, eBay is more interested in keeping sellers than buyers. Thats how they make their money.
This may have been the case back when ebay was a newer entity, but it's not now. ebay does not care about sellers. It's buyers that drive up auction prices, generate ad revenue, etc. There will always be someone else out there who wants to sell their junk. ebay's policies, guarantees, etc now are all geared towards instilling confidence in the buyer. It is so easy to rip off a legitimate seller now. It's good that ebay is quick to jump on sellers who try to scam people like this, but unfortunately there are many honest sellers that get hit as well.

I was thinking of selling a bunch of stuff on there a few months back but after reading so many articles, blog posts, etc from various current and former sellers about how little they are appreciated and backed up by ebay when a buyer tries to scam THEM, I decided against it and just went with local sales.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #100
Wheeljack Off
Banned
Wheeljack Off's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
This may have been the case back when ebay was a newer entity, but it's not now. ebay does not care about sellers. It's buyers that drive up auction prices, generate ad revenue, etc. There will always be someone else out there who wants to sell their junk. ebay's policies, guarantees, etc now are all geared towards instilling confidence in the buyer. It is so easy to rip off a legitimate seller now. It's good that ebay is quick to jump on sellers who try to scam people like this, but unfortunately there are many honest sellers that get hit as well.

I was thinking of selling a bunch of stuff on there a few months back but after reading so many articles, blog posts, etc from various current and former sellers about how little they are appreciated and backed up by ebay when a buyer tries to scam THEM, I decided against it and just went with local sales.
Interesting.
How can a buyer scam a seller then?

I guess by making a false claim somehow?

The number I called was 866-540-3229

Go to resolution center.
then click "my problem is not listed here"
Then click the "contact Ebay" tab
Then Click on buying
I clicked on "cancel a purchase"
From there, you get a list of your recently purchased items so click on the appropriate one.
From there, you should see a Contact us option with a small telephone Icon you can click on.

Once you do, it gives you a verification code you enter when prompted upon calling the number that verifies your account.

Then it was a 5 minute conversation with one customer service staffer followed by a second conversation of about 5 minutes with a second staffer.

Kind of a ridiculous process to get to a real person, but once you do, it's easy peezy lemon squeezy.

Last edited by Wheeljack Off; 11-07-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Wheeljack Off is offline   Reply With Quote