Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 08-24-2010, 05:35 PM   #201
sideswipe88
Stig's Asian Cousin
Re: Repair Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwacko View Post
Speaking of Bludgeon, I have a query. My bludgeon is all fine and dandy, until I get to the legs. It's left leg is firmly connected to the thigh, but the right leg's peg comes out everytime I bend the knee. Any advice on how to remedy this problem?
you mean here? cause i think i have the same problem
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010298.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	7110  
sideswipe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:14 PM   #202
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
Alright, here's the pic.

This is a picture of the back or Red Alert's leg, on the inside. Where that lighter glob is on the right, and another one kind of hidden on the left, I believe those are all that's holding the spoilers in place...I think.
all you need is either a soldering iron or a side cutter/cuticle cutter.if it's the iron,just melt the extra slag and pull the spoiler out.if you use the side cutters,simply cut off the excess blobs you have pictured and it should come right out.either way you do it,you're going to have to glue the spoiler back on when you're done

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideswipe88 View Post
you mean here? cause i think i have the same problem
all you need is a drop of clear nail polish,specifically on the post end of the joint.make sure to let it dry completely before you re-attach the leg.i used this method for classics galvatron and i haven't had any issues since
Old 08-24-2010, 09:18 PM   #203
sideswipe88
Stig's Asian Cousin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
all you need is either a soldering iron or a side cutter/cuticle cutter.if it's the iron,just melt the extra slag and pull the spoiler out.if you use the side cutters,simply cut off the excess blobs you have pictured and it should come right out.either way you do it,you're going to have to glue the spoiler back on when you're done

all you need is a drop of clear nail polish,specifically on the post end of the joint.make sure to let it dry completely before you re-attach the leg.i used this method for classics galvatron and i haven't had any issues since
thanks alot i have to go try it now!
sideswipe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #204
transforminator
Destroyer

my ha jazz's visor is a little thick in some ends so the gimmick doesnt work well

any idea how to remove it so i can shave it down its on a pin joint
transforminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:57 PM   #205
aikavari
Mini-Con

I need help with my Human Alliance Sideswipe figure. The hinge where the roof twists to form his back part just popped off. The place where you screw it in doesn't seem to have lost its threading but combining the fact that you need to load in a spring and that the screw head doesn't have a notch makes it difficult for me to put it back on. Any advice guys?
aikavari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:36 AM   #206
chans formers
raff ow roud

pics?^^
(i haven't had the time yet to crack h/a s/s open yet)
Old 10-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #207
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

My cat knocked my Bruticus with Fans Project upgrade off my desk and the "tailpipes" (the round pegs) or whatever they are on Brawl snapped off in the peg holes. I was able to pry them out with a precision screwdriver and luckily I have extra figures for this type of situation. I am going to try to fix "Brawl" but he will never be able to merge again. What do you recommend I use to re-attach the pegs on? I am worried that super/crazy glue might not be strong enough to hold it.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:23 PM   #208
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Anyone know how to repair some dark scratches on white plastic? I was going to try Hydrogen Peroxide, but I'm not sure if it'll work.

The scratches look like mini number/pound (#) symbols.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 03:43 AM   #209
Deemar
Banned

I'd like to mention that if anyone has a broken Generation 1 Transformer and wants it fixed you can either bring it by or send it to me. I've completely taken apart my:
- Megatron
- Shockwave
- Omega Supreme
- Grimlock
- Vortex
- Mirage
- Tantrum
- Silverbolt

Just an offer in case someone has a figure where the electronics or something doesn't work correctly. I should be able to fix anything.
Deemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:44 AM   #210
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
Anyone know how to repair some dark scratches on white plastic? I was going to try Hydrogen Peroxide, but I'm not sure if it'll work.

The scratches look like mini number/pound (#) symbols.
pics?it could be something minor,hopefully fixable with a simple plastic polish.