Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-12-2009, 08:20 AM   #21
Ultra Maverick
The Bow Tie Guy
Re: Hobby Supporters

I have had a couple of really supportive girlfriends, but mostly my mother, who always searches garage sales for me.

And oddly enough, my best friend's parents do the same for me.
Ultra Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #22
alexsaurus_rex
Don't Panic!

My wife for sure. She kickstarted my collecting a few years back at Christmas with MP Prime and alt. Silverstreak and Hound. Father's day has a leader Prime coming my way too!
Old 06-12-2009, 10:25 AM   #23
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerguy76 View Post
Oh and the best part, she maide a bumblebee tshirt into lingerie. woot.
you win hands down so far
sorry to hear about the fire,but atleast some good came out of it
Old 06-12-2009, 10:48 AM   #24
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Well my family is supportive, when my parents go on vacation they'll call me up to ask which ones I don't have but usually winds up with "got it, got it....got 2 repainted one"

My brother doesn't really call me when he finds things but when we go shopping together he'll buy transformers he really likes (usually Prowl, Jetfire, Jazz, or Hot Rod related :P). Sometimes he rolls his eyes when I bring a case worth home but then he starts playing around with one of them.

I think some of the best supporters I know though would be the TF crew I roll with, Dak, soundwaveCA, zuffyprime, Super_Megatron, and the markerguru, we're usually calling each other when we find something new in retail. Vectorsigma2 and I constantly hook each other up, I love that man, he bought me City Commander the second the pre-order went up and used to ebay items for me when I was to stubborn to learn ebay myself :P. Oasis, my US sweetheart who, as she calls it, mules me hauls across the boarder. As for the support, well the TFcon staff pretty much all supports this hobby together in our own little ways. Gotta plan a box social this month....

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:33 AM   #25
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

My wife tolerates my hobby as long as it doesn't work its way too far out of the basement. My parents and inlaws don't really say too much about it. I don't advertise my addiction to the general population (although I don't seem to have the wall space for the prints I got a t TFcon... maybe they will have to some to the office).

My kids (well my son anyways) loves playing with the toys and has become a Bumblebee fanatic (yay brainwashing!!). All of us would watch Animated together Saturady afternoons.

Other than that: you guys, the good people at TRU, Walmart, Automaton, Kooltoyz, ummm I know I am forgetting somebody here...

*** hears Oscar music playing ***

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:38 AM   #26
onecoin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
Wow man! I think you win.
Its not Win till I see pics.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:44 AM   #27
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecoin View Post
Its not Win till I see pics.
LOL!

... and yeah... what he said.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:48 AM   #28
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

I actually should've noted that my wife made a bday cake with battlle begins Animated Prime and Megs on top for my surprise bday this past summer. That was pretty great of her. Everyone I knew was there and they were all fully aware of my addiction already so the cake wasn't a big surprise hahaha.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #29
Lakanl
Send a message via MSN to Lakanl

It's been Neutral. My friends don't share my passion, but they think the toys are neat. My mom loves to point out the 'for ages 5+' tag at the top, but she doesn't say anything negative. I don't think my brother cares, I told him and he shrugged.

In fact the online forums like TFW2005 and here are the only places I can share such things, with people who are fans of the franchise, like myself.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:46 AM   #30
Prime_Pessimus

My parents and frds know i could be addicted to much worst things that plastic-crack.

"dear God Optimus, please thank Hasboro and Takara for making me feel forever 12. When the world was free of troubles other than rushing back home to catch the 3:30 TF episodes."

"what do you mean you still play with them?"
Prime_Pessimus is offline   Reply With Quote