Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-09-2015, 03:35 AM   #271
Undrave
Canadian Slag
Re: Combiner Wars/Generations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
Both Generations Leader Class Jetfire and Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron will cost me 76$ with free shipping, plus I used the promo code Spring15, I saved 15% OFF (I will be saving 13.50$). Both Items are 45$. That's on the Hasbrotoyshop.com website

Good price?
Don't buy from HasbroToyShop.com unless it's a SDCC exclusive. They charge Canadians an OUTRAGEOUS ammount for shipping AND they ship with friggin' FedEx!

FedEX means if you miss the delivery you have to go to some far flung corner of town during buisness hours (I forgot if it was them or UPS where their service counter even CLOSES FOR LUNCH HOUR ) AND they'll hit you with an extra fee just for moving your stuff through custom.

Get someplace that ships with regular mail.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:10 AM   #272
RedCell
Generation 1

If you live near the border, HasbroToyShop.com could be a decent deal. I bought Brainstorm a few days ago for $17.35 USD with coupon code FAMILY2015 (20% off and free shipping). I have the package shipped to a parcel receiving center (which charges $3.50 USD per box on pick up) on the US side of the border. It is only a 25 minute drive for me to pick it up from there.

FedEx will not charge any additional fees since it is shipping within the US and of the dozen times I have done this, I have never been charged duties at the border. Although customs have a right to charge me duties, they usually do not for small purchases (under $150). They seem more eager to just wave me through and move onto the next car when I honestly tell them what I am bringing back.
RedCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:43 AM   #273
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
6000 yen at HLJ plus shipping. I've never bought a leader class figure before. How much are they usually over here at retail?
This is for Takara release and it retails for 8000 yen. 6000 yen is the pre order price so when it comes out price point will jump back up to 8000 yen so about 85 cad
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:32 AM   #274
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurrz View Post
The differences look quite subtle, we'll only really figure it out when we get pics in-hand.
Agreed. I think we might see a different shade of red in the arms and that's about it.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:49 AM   #275
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Well, if you buy from BBTS, or any other place, won't they charge you customs cause it's crossing the borders? And I live like 1 hour from the border

Last edited by Ironwave; 03-09-2015 at 09:51 AM.
Ironwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:05 AM   #276
Oreobuilder
Cybertron

With BBTS, you'll only pay taxes on your order (unless you are lucky, once in awhile a small package slips through without being dinged). They use USPS and the package goes through Canada Customs. They don't charge brokerage.

When you buy from a place that uses FedEx or UPS, they'll charge you taxes + brokerage fees. These fees can be 2-3 times more that taxes. Fed Ex and UPS charge big money for a free service!

For example, a while ago, I splurged and bought a GI Joe convention set. The guy I bought it from shipped it UPS. They wanted to charge me 85$ in taxes and brokerage fees on a 200$ order. I refused and went directly through Canada Customs. It took up my whole lunch hour, but ended up saving 65$. I still had to pay taxes, but I saved all the brokerage fees.

OB
Oreobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:16 AM   #277
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

With BBTS the shipping rate are outrageous
Old 03-09-2015, 10:27 AM   #278
Oreobuilder
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
With BBTS the shipping rate are outrageous
I agree if you just want one thing. However, if you order several items or use their Pile of Loot system, it is comparable to what you will pay from other online vendors.

OB
Old 03-09-2015, 10:28 AM   #279
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Like TFsource or Toysource, they will give free shipping if your order over 150$ WTH!
Old 03-09-2015, 10:33 AM   #280
Oreobuilder
Cybertron

Never ordered from Toysource. For TFSource, I'm pretty sure that free shipping is not valid for Canada (please correct me if I'm wrong). Also their rewards points program is not valid in Quebec.

OB