Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-18-2015, 06:34 PM   #21
Grimtron
Generation 2
Re: What to do?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwave1976 View Post
I asked my wife and she said unless I'm 100% don't do it.
Thats pretty good advice right there. Are you comfortable enough with selling your G1 toys, that you grew up. Can you live with yourself if you do. For me I would die if I ever sold my beast wars collection (first transformers I ever got). Too much time, memories and sentimental value are in them.

To me I would not sell my original transformers to buy better version of them. But, if you must sell some, sell the ones you don't have an attachment for and keep the ones that have sentimental value.

In the end its how comfortable you feel with parting with them.
Grimtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:37 PM   #22
mrluthor
Robot in Disguise

Keep your G1s and be selective with your MPs you want. Don't sell anything you will regret not having in the future. I agree there are great new figures on the horizon but you can't beat some of the original G1s.
mrluthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:28 PM   #23
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

I would never give up my G1 to fund another line, even MP. I did however dump 70% of my classics lines to help fund G1 and MP.

For the longest time I was set on keeping everything, but slowly I've started to purge off some stuff. Movie lines stuff I got rid of first.

Classics I honestly took a month to decide on. I took them out and played around with a bunch and just wasn't feeling the love for them anymore, so I put up my sales thread. As the first couple says went out the door I had a little anxiety about what I had just done, but as the money continued to role in things got easier. I then put the money back into G1 and MP right away, this made it even easier to keep pushing the classics out the door. So glad I made the decision to purge now.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:18 PM   #24
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

I am actually going through the same exercise of deciding what to get rid of but I will never give up my G1 collection for MPs. I can sell my Bayverse movie, Prime, Animated, the Energon trilogy, Beast Wars collections but not my G1/re-issues. Yes, they have less articulations/poseability and they all look a bit "blocky", etc. but to me the G1 (including the Japanese G1) figures are the origin of and, I must say, the foundation of my Transformers collection. MPs are just enhanced version of the original G1 figures. They are nice to have but are not meant to replace anything. At least to me the MPs are not.

Of course you may/will have a different perspective. YMMV.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:41 AM   #25
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Speaking from experience, do not sell the g1s. Mps might be new and shiny, but the collection will never be complete. I sold mine a few years back, regretted it within a few months. If they are childhood figures, even more so since those can never be replaced. I'm in the process of selling classics to fund the last duo of Japanese g1 pieces I need now instead.

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 12:41 PM   #26
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

This discussion is actually really helpful for me, at a time when I'm aware of how large my collection is growing, and no sign of stopping in sight. Figuring out where to focus a collection, and learning to part with things I don't need, that's the constant struggle. With that said, would I sell my G1 toys? I don't know. Ironically, those represent probably the smallest portion of what I own.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote