Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-29-2011, 08:35 PM   #221
faustx
ShelfLife Founder
Re: ShelfLife Beta Test Announcement: Very Exciting Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerguy76 View Post
Just tried it out. Took a bit to figure out the catalogs are under the buy section. Once I found that, I found data entry easy. How useful is the price which I paid? I really have no idea what I've paid for most bots or where I may have picked them up. Some stick out because they were great deals or bought from a Cybertron.ca board member.

It would be nice to see a customizer/parts section in the future. I have boxes full of bots and 1/2bots, missing heads, arms, legs. Loose incomplete doesn't even come close to describing these guys.

My only other concern(customers don't have complaints, only concerns right?) is the pink color as mentioned before. Maybe the barbie collectors love it, but it just feels wrong. If you need help with graphics let me know, I would love to help if I can.
Thanks for the feedback.

In order:

- Sales price is optional but will come in very handy indeed if you decide to sell the object in question when we turn on e-commerce in January. The other thing to remember is that we plan to significantly upgrade your Collect tab to include all sorts of stats about your collection including total price paid, total market value, and opportunities to sell things you have not rated being happy with but have anyway.

- Junkers won't get attention until a bit down the road. Too many variables.

- Lol, we knew you guys were going to react negatively to pink in some cases, but it's really not a color for ladies only at this point. Think Flickr or Kidrobot as other examples. Nevertheless, we are planning on working with key artists to develop skins for high level catalogues and that will include TFs. If you have interface design experience and happen to be a fantastic TF illustrator, we look forward to your email with portfolio links.

James
faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:37 PM   #222
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegatron View Post
I love the "have" label that apears on picture of a toy after I've added it, it helps me know where I've left off when I come back later. The only problem I have is it doesn't automatically update after I enter a new bot, I have to refresh the page to see that change. This was a problem when I was entering Dinobots, I couldn't remember who I'd just entered. Is it supposed to automatically update or is this another IE browser issue?

I may be flogging a dead horse here but I'm also finding it a bit difficult to hit the "all" key when entering a bot and then having to change everything individually from "mint" to something else. I know that a new batch method of data entry is comming but could there just be a "change all to good" key or something? Even better would be an option to list everything except instructions as I was good at keeping my stuff but rarely have instructions for my G1s. This may just be personal to me though.
The Have button issue is not IE specific. Added to our to do list. Thanks!
Old 11-29-2011, 08:39 PM   #223
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylo View Post
I tried it out today and added a bunch of my things.

I have some suggestions:

I would like to see the catalogues as a drop down menu off the main page, for example

Transformer
>G1
>G2
>Classics
>Etc...

It would make it easier.

Also if we are logged in and click HAVE it should just add it without asking us if we have it Sealed or loose or whatever, unless I am selling it, those are details I do not need to enter right away. Given I am using this more as an online list with pictures and have no intention of selling what I have right now, those extra steps are a pain in the ass.

I also do not like that when I went to the Masterpiece list and added the Hasbro Masterpieces I had to add them again when I went to the classics and universe pages. That should be automatic.

I do like the general look and how the rest of it works, it seems like a fantastic idea and I am glad to be apart of it, I hope my suggestions help.
Hey there,

Dropdown is already present. It's the big grey button called Browse Catalogues.

Masterpiece product duplication will be fixed shortly. Basically, they shouldn't exist in multiple catalogues at once.

Thanks for using!

James
Old 11-29-2011, 09:06 PM   #224
Hylo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustx View Post
Hey there,

Dropdown is already present. It's the big grey button called Browse Catalogues.

Masterpiece product duplication will be fixed shortly. Basically, they shouldn't exist in multiple catalogues at once.

Thanks for using!

James
I know what you think of when you say drop down list, but that's not what I think of. Your's opens a window with the lists.
Hylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:28 PM   #225
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Can we get some light shading or a heading or something to make it easier to identify the left hand menu as a menu? I kept thinking the only menu was the one at the top. Which I don't like very much. I much prefer the functionality of the menu on the left - once I found it. Also maybe the "up one level" arrow could be displayed all the time, as I found myself forgetting how to navigate back up a level.

I agree default view for collect mode should probably be a list of icons representing categories you own figures in, rather than just showing all the figures at the "root" level.

P.S. Not sure if it's still true but yesterday the menu at the top and on the side have different options (I think top was missing some transformer categories like G2.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:30 PM   #226
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
Can we get some light shading or a heading or something to make it easier to identify the left hand menu as a menu? I kept thinking the only menu was the one at the top. Which I don't like very much. I much prefer the functionality of the menu on the left - once I found it. Also maybe the "up one level" arrow could be displayed all the time, as I found myself forgetting how to navigate back up a level.

I agree default view for collect mode should probably be a list of icons representing categories you own figures in, rather than just showing all the figures at the "root" level.

P.S. Not sure if it's still true but yesterday the menu at the top and on the side have different options (I think top was missing some transformer categories like G2.
We have a couple of versions of the left side nav designed. I like your suggestions. I'll work through that with the team shortly and update.

Thx

James
Old 11-29-2011, 09:33 PM   #227
protoform_ironhide
Commander

So when will we be able to sell stuff? Anyone here into Marvel universe stuff? I really need to get some of the figures from the older waves =(
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:37 PM   #228
Quantum
Uh-huh.

Was on yesterday inputting my stuff, found it very easy. Did have some trouble inputting RTS Solar Storm Grapple and Lugnut. Took 2 attempts: the first attempt seemed to be stuck or seriously lagging, 2nd try did the trick.

Also, for price paid, is it possible to make it so a range can be inputted (i.e. $6-$10)? I know it can't now, but is that something that could be changed? I can't remember exact prices on some items, and a price range would be a nice option to have.

Otherwise, enjoying the site very much!
Old 11-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #229
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
So when will we be able to sell stuff? Anyone here into Marvel universe stuff? I really need to get some of the figures from the older waves =(
January.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #230
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Oh, and I think the pink in the logo is fine. Dunno why people don't like it.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collecting, shelflife