Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-23-2018, 02:05 PM   #21
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Titan Class Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
I am very lucky and I know it. Yeah, I recall that at Costco. Here he was 89.99 then. 134.99 at TRU.

She also found me a complete Primus for 50 bucks.
Metro was significantly cheaper than the Titan class that came later. IIRC Costco did get Devastator in for a decent price as well, but he wasn't nearly as available as Metroplex. They did not get Max or Trypticon AFAIK (could've been some stores in the country).

Metro is a huge case of people passing him up new and regretting it two years later.

I would suggest being patient. eBay will probably cost you the most, but keep an eye out on Cybertron.ca, maybe even TFW2005, and local classifieds depending on your area. You never know. If you can get him for $200 or less you'll be winning. I mean, I recently sold one for about that including shipping. So the better prices come around.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:11 PM   #22
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

The sad part is even Metroplex will be re-issued or repainted later, the price won't be lower than 200...Hasbro is just getting more and more greedy.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:25 PM   #23
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
If size isn't really a factor you could always go smaller & get the Master Made version of Metroplex. It's quite a bit cheaper & takes up less space. Just a suggestion.
Those look very nice and quite cute for the kids.

Living in Toronto where price per square foot now is $1,000 in a lot of buildings, every Transformer brought home almost requires a separate cost calculation due to the real estate it required to house it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Metro was significantly cheaper than the Titan class that came later. IIRC Costco did get Devastator in for a decent price as well, but he wasn't nearly as available as Metroplex. They did not get Max or Trypticon AFAIK (could've been some stores in the country).

Metro is a huge case of people passing him up new and regretting it two years later.

I would suggest being patient. eBay will probably cost you the most, but keep an eye out on Cybertron.ca, maybe even TFW2005, and local classifieds depending on your area. You never know. If you can get him for $200 or less you'll be winning. I mean, I recently sold one for about that including shipping. So the better prices come around.
The lowest I saw Devastator for was when Wal*Mart lowered his price down to $80 or $90, than I think Toys R Us matched.

I also recall seeing Metroplex brand new in the box selling for $300 from a few dealers during the big FanExpo during August in downtown Toronto 2015. Back than I wasn't buying Transformers nor did I know this site existed.

Last edited by Collectingtoys; 05-23-2018 at 05:32 PM.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:28 PM   #24
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
The sad part is even Metroplex will be re-issued or repainted later, the price won't be lower than 200...Hasbro is just getting more and more greedy.
Yes, since Fortress Maximus and Trypticon started at $229CAD, looks like Predaking will start at the same price.

The conclusion is for an opened Metroplex, paying $200+ would be a fair price.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:24 PM   #25
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
Yes, since Fortress Maximus and Trypticon started at $229CAD, looks like Predaking will start at the same price.

The conclusion is for an opened Metroplex, paying $200+ would be a fair price.
I'm actually very happy that I own 2 version of 3rd parties Predaking, and they both looks way better than the Hasbro Titan class, so I can save $200 now.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote