Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-25-2023, 01:27 PM   #31
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Re: Who's Excited For Rise Of The Beasts!?

Trailer Thursday.
Maybe it will show some of the plot?
Old 04-25-2023, 11:18 PM   #32
Skorpulator
Armada

Has any trailer been seen in theaters so far?
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 10:59 AM   #33
Marcotron
Robot Master

According to the teaser for the trailer, Wheeljack survives till the final battle. The teaser for the trailer basically shows the lineup of characters as they're about to rush into battle.

So, there goes that theory that he has a small part, and then dies horribly. I don't know if I'm happy that he survives, or mortified that THAT version of Wheeljack survives. Kill it with fire.

Maybe he gets a battle mask that's been unseen so far? Maybe the giant glasses flip around to become the iconic ears? Maybe there's some in-movie explanation that actually makes sense and makes it ok that the character looks nothing like his appearance in even the previous film or the character reference... facepalm...
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 11:02 AM   #34
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
According to the teaser for the trailer, Wheeljack survives till the final battle. The teaser for the trailer basically shows the lineup of characters as they're about to rush into battle.

So, there goes that theory that he has a small part, and then dies horribly. I don't know if I'm happy that he survives, or mortified that THAT version of Wheeljack survives. Kill it with fire.

Maybe he gets a battle mask that's been unseen so far? Maybe the giant glasses flip around to become the iconic ears? Maybe there's some in-movie explanation that actually makes sense and makes it ok that the character looks nothing like his appearance in even the previous film or the character reference... facepalm...
Why? Outside of a few bits in bee, the bay verse has never given a shit about continuity between movies or the source material

i'm genuinely puzzled. this is what the live action movies are and have been. i'm confused that people are expecting much different...

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 12:08 PM   #35
Marcotron
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Why? Outside of a few bits in bee, the bay verse has never given a shit about continuity between movies or the source material

i'm genuinely puzzled. this is what the live action movies are and have been. i'm confused that people are expecting much different...
Hope is a good thing, maybe even the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. -Andy Dufresne

We can only hope that eventually they stop ruining character designs. Transformers has a very unique and recognizable design. The head design elements are indicative of the character.
If they followed those design cues, I think the fandom would throw so much more money at the toys and films. The Bumblebee movie got closer to what is expected of the character designs, and that whole scene on Cybertron was great.
My only hope is that this movie isn't as bad as the Last Knight in terms of making absolutely no sense, or Age of Extinction where the dinobots were just there for no reason whatsoever. Treat the material with respect, and not written like a poop joke on steroids.
Old 04-26-2023, 12:33 PM   #36
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Or maybe this is like every other Bayformer movie in that it's made by and for people who hate Transformers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
People had hope that after the failure of TLK and the Cybetron scene at the beginning of Bumblebee that they might be taking a new direction with the Transformers live-action franchise, but "Wheeljack" proves that RotB is going to be the same old Bayformer shit.
Old 04-26-2023, 01:06 PM   #37
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Hope is a good thing, maybe even the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. -Andy Dufresne

We can only hope that eventually they stop ruining character designs. Transformers has a very unique and recognizable design. The head design elements are indicative of the character.
If they followed those design cues, I think the fandom would throw so much more money at the toys and films. The Bumblebee movie got closer to what is expected of the character designs, and that whole scene on Cybertron was great.
My only hope is that this movie isn't as bad as the Last Knight in terms of making absolutely no sense, or Age of Extinction where the dinobots were just there for no reason whatsoever. Treat the material with respect, and not written like a poop joke on steroids.
unfortunately, and believe me, i don't think it means they were *good*, those first three poop jokes on steroids made ALL the money. The Bee movie made barely a quarter of what ROTF did, and barely a third of TF1 and DOTM. It sucks but the most money was from Bay doing his Bay shit and that's all the people in charge care about. They made the most money not giving two shits about the franchise.

It's also true that AOE and TLK did successively worse, and that the Bee movie coming after TLK showed eht thing was done.

You'd thijnk after two successive commercial failures... they would completely reboot the whole shitbag. But ROBT was clearly a bay flick from the start, unfortunately.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 10:13 AM   #38
Marcotron
Robot Master

Just watched the new trailer 2.
Unicron is coming.
And the human gets a Kicker/Exo suit.
Wheeljack has the ear fins pop out as they get ready for battle. Good enough...
Michelle Yeoh sounds great as Airrazor.
The shot of Arcee riding on the back of Rhinox is cool.

Hopefully the Maximals actually all transform in the film.
Hopefully they don't F up Unicron.
Hopefully we see Unicron transform, and they don't just make him into the $h1tcloud from Green Lantern...
Hopefully they can figure out how to tell a story.
Hopefully that story has a beginning, middle, and end that connect to each other.

Are they gonna make a Studio Series Unicron now?

Last edited by Marcotron; 04-27-2023 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-27-2023, 11:25 AM   #39
Tiffster
Classic

Err..Unicron. I wonder if he will get a Toy?
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 11:57 AM   #40
Skorpulator
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
Err..Unicron. I wonder if he will get a Toy?
Maybe a Bumblebee remold?
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rotb