Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-26-2021, 06:11 PM   #11
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: The Future of Combiners (speculation thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
Menasor was the one combiner I skipped entirely in the CW era. I ended up getting the CW Optimus and it was just so bad, I didnt want another one of that mold.
However, if the chest bot is a commander class, and the rest are lets say voyagers, the cost is going to be excruciating. It'll be 300 dollars for the combiner. Crazy.

The rumour is a Commander and 4 deluxes.

Menasor should do really well if they manage to pull off the proper G1 look for all the bots and vehicles. Partsforming is the new reality so I am ok with that going forward.

I don't have much faith that Hasbro will keep the same connector style for the combiners. It has been 5 plus years and they have new people in charge. So they will probably go in a new direction with what they see as the best new way to do the connections. Knowing Hasbro they will probably be only slightly different, but different enough that they won't be compatible with the CW stuff.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 06:29 PM   #12
ManitobaMando
Generation 2

Not for me, thanks.

I got back into the whole collecting gig because of the machinima series, and I am not about to look back now. My first complete combiner was Menasor and I have no issues with it nor the team that make it up, and the rest of them soon followed. HASBRO is looking to double dip on a lack of imagination here, and while it may be good for newer folk who may have missed out on the original Prime Wars Trilogy run, those of us who hunted high and low to get these sets complete may/will likely not be interested in a "revised second attempt".

If these rumors are true to form, price will be a real deal breaker. If I am going to go out to spend 200 to 300 (or more) bucks on a combiner, then I am going to look towards Unite Warriors for Megatronia, because these new ones will likely not fit my collection.
ManitobaMando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:07 PM   #13
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Commander and 4 deluxes?

If it's true, then it's too expensive for me. Now-a-days the Hasbro's products are too pricey to dip again. I would rather spend the money on 3rd party similar characters.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:14 PM   #14
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
Menasor was the one combiner I skipped entirely in the CW era. I ended up getting the CW Optimus and it was just so bad, I didnt want another one of that mold.
However, if the chest bot is a commander class, and the rest are lets say voyagers, the cost is going to be excruciating. It'll be 300 dollars for the combiner. Crazy.
Yup crazy. I paid $20 for CW motormaster and between $11 and $15 for each stunticon. Yes Menasor is a mess but $300 for a new one is steep. I'll wait till this new set comes out and if it's amazing, wait for sales sigh .
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:39 PM   #15
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Will definitely have to see a full concept of a Hasbro combiner before committing. CW sucked hard for the combiners. Zeta Toys made some very solid and well-made combiners for a fair price. My Fanstoys Menasor looks to be on hiatus because Fanstoys hasn't showed any sign of finishing it (which is dumb as shit since they had only Deadend left to do and some parts for the combiner and that was it).

If Hasbro can make their combiners look accurate, I might be down.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:40 PM   #16
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast

While the Stunticons were probably the worst of the CW combiners, they were still OK. But I still wouldn't mind an update that scaled with the original CW molds, so that I could have a complete set of decent G1 combiners.
BUT - Commander class for the torso doesn't make it sound like the new version will scale with the other CW figures that I have; and will the new version be worth the speculated commander price?
At any rate, the commander price tag for the torso would need to be an AMAZING torso. I will adopt a "wait and see" approach for Menasor; I doubt that I will bite, but I might for a great upgrade. But I don't see shelling out for the rest of the G1 combiners, given that the CW versions were OK.
For folks that missed out on CW, maybe they will jump at this chance to get these combiners.
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 10:28 PM   #17
savagephil
Robot in Disguise

Man I have alot of combiners and few obscure ones like liokaiser megatronia , only one i don't really have is king poisden. Not only that with perfect upgrades for most of them, they got pretty expensive. I'm happy with the cw combiners, but probably will get the upcoming ones, and leave the cw combiners in individual bot modes with their respected factions since they scale well with WFC trilogy figures .Menasor onslaught I can see commander class with their trailers but I don't see the likes of silverbolt hotshot scattershot hung Gurr snap trap being commander class figures. Either way will be great for secondary market to grab slingshots and wildriders once they have been upgraded in legacy line
savagephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 02:39 AM   #18
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Hopefully better combination that combine together well
I'm in.
If they look better than the combiner wars.
Hoping for Ã* New 86 movie devastator.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 05:49 AM   #19
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

It will have to be amazing for me to switch. I was pretty satisfied with CW/UW and I have all of them. A new set in a new scale sounds awful. But I also have a suspicion based on how well designed WFC generally was that this might be amazing… and I might get sucked in.

My only hope is if this is true that it still scales and the only reason motormaster is commander is because they will add a trailer that is used for the ridiculous animation style of cars on rectangles which the 3P have been imitating.
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 01:17 PM   #20
Incepticon
Double Agent

Devastator and Predaking in Titan class checked every box that I've ever wanted when it comes to G1 combiners, but I'd definitely jump on Superion and Bruticus sets if they ever happened at that scale (and accuracy) as well.

Couldn't care less about any others, though, and am admittedly disappointed that the Stunticons are getting a do-over first.
Incepticon is offline   Reply With Quote