Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Items For Sale or Trade

Old 06-21-2007, 12:15 PM   #21
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!
Re: WST Dinobots Group Buy

Doesn't a group buy only make sense for people living within the same city?
I mean, with a bulk discount, each person might save a few dollars, but wouldn't shipping from the group-buyer to some people across Canada cost a few dollars anyways?

Last edited by FreedomGundam; 06-21-2007 at 12:22 PM.
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:16 PM   #22
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomGundam View Post
Doesn't a group buy only make sense for people living within the same city?
I mean, with a bulk discount, each person might save a few dollars, but wouldn't shipping from the group-buyer to some people across Canada cost a few dollars anyways?
I totally agree. That is most likely how it will work out. But I'm willing to do the leg work to find out the details and see if it is worth it for others to join... otherwise I'll still do it for the local boys.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:48 PM   #23
jourdo

OK... I've got some details now. To keep it clean, I will be editing the first post with a list of those who expressed interest.

Basically, the price break comes at 10 (of each robot, not mix & match).

Sludge - $20 retail (10 or more $18 each)
Swoop - $30 retail (10 or more $27 each)

I do not know the shipping charges as of yet, but it would likely be dependant on how many are ordered. As the poster above mentioned about the geographics issues, you may want to see if localized groups can get together for this. I am in Calgary, Alberta. So, please take into consideration the shipping charges to whereever you are before you join this little endeavor.

The way it worked last time I did this, was that each person was responsible for their proportional share of the shipping charges, taxes, duty, etc. Seeing as this batch is from Canada, there is no duty to worry about this time. Just shipping and taxes (I can't remember if Kooltoyz's prices include GST or not). Either way, you are only responsible for your share of the fees... I don't add anything extra for the work I am doing for this (likely will only add the 3% Paypal fee if you pay me with that).

Also, if you do not intend on following through with this, please do not join. I got stuck with an extra set of Dinobots last time as someone backed out after they were ordered. Last time I did not as for money up front, and intend to do it the same way this time, but I'd rather not buy crap I don't need... we'll see how big this gets this time though.

Please confirm with me if you want in on this and how many of each bot you want. I'm not really going to go shopping for the older ones unless there is a high enough demand for it. Also let me know where you are... it may not be worth it for you to join this and may want to get a group of your own going.

Anyway... Please let me know as soon as possible.

Matt

Last edited by jourdo; 06-21-2007 at 11:52 PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:08 AM   #24
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
Please confirm with me if you want in on this and how many of each bot you want.
Again, I want to be in and here's my order:

Sludge: 1
Swoop: 1

BTW, from the last batch what do you still have in stock? I am interested in getting an extra Grimlock. I didn't know you will have left over last time around or else I would have just pick an extra one up.

Thanks, Jourdo!

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 06:46 PM   #25
pc2b1
Generation 1
Re: WST Dinobots Group Buy -- DETAILS NOW INSIDE

if your just grabbing them from kooltoyz then i might aswell headover there and pick it up myself?
its only a five dollars in savings, i save that by just picking them up myself. he charges taxes on shipped items but not on pick ups.

so i guess it's safe to say take me off the list thanks for the offer though

if you'd like maybe the guys in ontario (GTA) should pick it up to save on the taxes but you never no he may not charge on your order
pc2b1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 07:53 PM   #26
Triplechanger
Generation 1

Jourdo, take me off the list as well, seeing how I am planning on getting some of the encore reissues, for $5 difference I’ll just get those along with them.
Triplechanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:35 PM   #27
jourdo

pc2b1 & Triplechanger - done and done.

Ideally, I'd like to find five more local buyers for this. I'm anticipating the eastern boys to start dropping like flies here.

Zakna & Bluefrenzy... I know you two were in last time. Want back in this time? vbmenu_register("postmenu_9404", true); vbmenu_register("postmenu_9404", true);

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:20 PM   #28
devilsknight
Banned

Alright i have discussed this with Jourdo. And pretty much this is how it can go down for those interested.

I live not to far from Sheraz. So i would be willing to pickup the toys from him on order and if we buy enough we get price breaks etc etc. But if i pay cash i know he doesn't charge taxes which is good.

Now my offer on top of that is...to anyone who orders I will ship them for free to you. No catches. I can ship in bulk to Jourdo in Calgary for those interested and he can distribute them as he pleases.

So that means we get the discounted price if we buy in large quantity, no tax and free shipping. If that sounds ok then signup and we'll take care of the details as they get closer to the release date !

Lemme know or Jourdo

B
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:55 PM   #29
jourdo

Bump

Some details from devilsknight to make this work for other parts of the country.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:35 PM   #30
ranneko
Generation 1

Hi, sorry, am gonna grab them online. Thanx for the offer though.

Again, sorry.

Ran
ranneko is offline   Reply With Quote