Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-21-2023, 04:48 PM   #3001
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Last night I got a "part of your order is still delayed" email except in the part of the email that should list what items from the order are unavailable it was just blank. lol.
Old 01-21-2023, 04:57 PM   #3002
mirageg1
Generation 1

Received same email from Walmart. They didn't list the items that are being delayed.

Walmart's online experience has been terrible for the few times I've ordered from them. It's definitely behind Amazon as an overall experience.
mirageg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 06:37 PM   #3003
Crobot91
Metroplex

So far, I got Legacy Pointblank and G1 movie-accurate Starscream. Still waiting for Dead End, Hot Shot, and the double Targetmaster.
Old 01-21-2023, 09:12 PM   #3004
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Mine finally moved. New delivery date is tuesday.
Same here, mine showed up today!
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 01:12 AM   #3005
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirageg1 View Post
Received same email from Walmart. They didn't list the items that are being delayed.

Walmart's online experience has been terrible for the few times I've ordered from them. It's definitely behind Amazon as an overall experience.

My general experience with Walmart has been that they're fine if you get something that has stock to ship out. It's what happens the moment you order something that's low on stock or is awaiting a restock but didn't have the listing updated that things go sideways. And when they go sideways they go really sideways.

I ordered several of the retro Headmasters, the Siege anniversary Bluestreak, Siege Soundblaster, Velocitron Hauler, and a smattering of random Kingdom bots from them. I had no problems with most of them, had short delays on Hauler, trouble with the store finding my shipped-in Bluestreak, and problems with the Kingdom batch until I cancelled the Rhinox that was part of it and they released the rest of the shipment.

In that regard they kind of remind me of all the bad things everyone says about NMC Toys. If they already have what you want you're fine. If they have to get what you want then you probably aren't getting it. And god help you if you have to get customer service involved.
Old 01-22-2023, 05:11 AM   #3006
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
My general experience with Walmart has been that they're fine if you get something that has stock to ship out. It's what happens the moment you order something that's low on stock or is awaiting a restock but didn't have the listing updated that things go sideways. And when they go sideways they go really sideways.

I ordered several of the retro Headmasters, the Siege anniversary Bluestreak, Siege Soundblaster, Velocitron Hauler, and a smattering of random Kingdom bots from them. I had no problems with most of them, had short delays on Hauler, trouble with the store finding my shipped-in Bluestreak, and problems with the Kingdom batch until I cancelled the Rhinox that was part of it and they released the rest of the shipment.

In that regard they kind of remind me of all the bad things everyone says about NMC Toys. If they already have what you want you're fine. If they have to get what you want then you probably aren't getting it. And god help you if you have to get customer service involved.

I think this checks out. I've largely had success on pre-orders, but I still have a "pre-order" for Kingdom Scorponok that never, ever moved past that. I received my sale Pointblank and Skullgrin.

I'm pointedly *not* cancelling my GameStop pre-orders on Needlenose/Scrapheap until/if WalMart actually ships the ones I nabbed on that sale.

I don't trust WM or Amazon for pre-orders at all.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 06:24 AM   #3007
steamwhistle
Crossover

Based on my experiences:

If you pre-order an item and the pre-order closes and later you see them accepting orders (or pre-orders) again, order it again. Fulfillment of the first pre-order become highly speculative.

I pre-ordered Earthrise Megatron, and trusted that pre-order when it came up available again. I never received it and others who got in on the later offering did.

I pre-ordered Allicons. When they came up again 5-6 months later, I ordered more. My second order arrived, and then my original pre-order showed up weeks (maybe almost 2 months) later.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle

Last edited by steamwhistle; 01-22-2023 at 10:13 AM.
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 04:42 PM   #3008
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

I guess G1 Deco starscream is sold out from Walmart.ca. I can't find the listing anymore.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 04:43 PM   #3009
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
I think this checks out. I've largely had success on pre-orders, but I still have a "pre-order" for Kingdom Scorponok that never, ever moved past that. I received my sale Pointblank and Skullgrin.

I'm pointedly *not* cancelling my GameStop pre-orders on Needlenose/Scrapheap until/if WalMart actually ships the ones I nabbed on that sale.

I don't trust WM or Amazon for pre-orders at all.
I don't trust anyone. Gamestop is currently a month late on one of my preorders.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 05:05 PM   #3010
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
I don't trust anyone. Gamestop is currently a month late on one of my preorders.
Remember when this hobby used to be fun?

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
walmart