Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > Toys and Collectibles

Old 01-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #51
Iron Moose
Knows things
Re: BIONICLE fans, where you at?

I found the black Rahkshi for $1.50 yesterday at the Dufferin Mall Wal-Mart. Weird, eh?
Old 01-01-2009, 02:19 PM   #52
Optimus_Prime
Teensformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Moose View Post
I found the black Rahkshi for $1.50 yesterday at the Dufferin Mall Wal-Mart. Weird, eh?
How did that get there? Was it MISB?

Old 01-01-2009, 03:26 PM   #53
Iron Moose
Knows things

It was!
Old 01-03-2009, 06:23 PM   #54
Optimus_Prime
Teensformer

Nice.... probably gone by now though.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:03 PM   #55
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master

These are my posts from TFW:

I got the final three Glatorian today! REVIEW TIME! WWHHHHOOOOSSHHHHAAAAA!!!!

Yeah!
First on the list: he's big, he's grumpy, he's a tad greedy and all chilly, it's STRAKK!

I really like this dude, first, his design is pretty much Skrall mixed up a little and reversed, but I honestly don't know which I like better. They both have the relatively same design using the Makuta butt-connector, but wheras Skrall had chest armour opposite the butt-thing, Strakk's is actually build into it rather creatively at an angle. I really like how it looks and shows that Lego's tricks of design, like securing it using a stud-pin so it doesn't wobble.

Despite how he looks, he's really articulated. His shoulder armour actually angles "forward" to allow the arms to move around the shoulder. He's also interesting in his colour. Dominantly white, as expected, he also has light and dark blue, aswell as translucent blue. The cool part is, his "ice" parts on his shoulders are soft while the base is solid. I like how his arms are dark blue while his legs are white. Not very often you see thsi kind of difference in limbs. The ice fading I mentioned is found on his shoulders, axe and helmet. Oh, speaking of which:

Badass. I really like how we're getting specialized parts and weapons for these guys. Really nice axe as it's nice and large and all solid. The axe is really hard to describe, but it just feels cool. I mentioned his colours, and even though from the front they're nice and cool, there is a hitch:

Silver blob, silverblob, why do we put up with you? This part could've been made much more attractive if it were white or blue. Though it is on his back, so it's not that bad. But combined with the otherwise tolerable amount of silver that is the actual life wheel, it looks bleh. But on a high note:

The helmet is awesome. I love how it looks like he has an old metal barbarian mask with the ice crest. He has a neck that is made of a Metru arm, so he has a great ranch of motion and can express more emotion in his stance.

This is probably teh closest thign to an "issue" I have with him. I've already established that I like the Thornax launchers, but his is built right into his hand. It doesn't affect the look at all, but I like to be able to remove the launchers without disassembling them.

But, I must say, this guy is pure rock. He's a cool dude, and- oh, oh man, I've been saying 'cool' this whole time. Geddit? Cool, as in ice? He's from the ice tribe? Bahahaha!! I'm so funny.

This dude is great, if you really like teh Glatorian, he's deffinately one to check out.

Next up, VOROX!
Old 01-05-2009, 07:03 PM   #56
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master

Okay, this guy is another 'troop builder'. While Vorox retain individually and have individual names, they have a sot of pack-mentallity. Reverting from a once proud race of warriors to beast-like sand-creatures, the Vorox are nevertheless, as ruthless and dangerous as ever. Also they're kinda creepy, but in a cool way.

Vorox is just great. He's original, he has great colours, he's fun to play with and looks great on a shelf. His build was a little bizzare, but it works. On thing I love is that his mask design has an almost boney appearence, which brings out the "boniness" in the Metru legs and Toa mata foot on his back.

What's really great is: he's tan, and BROWN. Yup, there's brown on him. Added with teh black is quite nice. It's a little bit but it goes a long way in breaking up the tan and making him look more colourful and cool. Unfortunately, silver makes a half-hearted effort to weasel it's way into the pallet, but without the advantage of having gold or blue offset it, he looks a little less dynamic, but still very striking.

A not-so great aspect is the lack of any new weapons. He's the only Glatorian to not have a new part for a weapon. Luckily it doesn't look bad and is more than made up for with the tail on his back.

Yup, he has a nifty scorpion-esque stinger-thing on his back that really adds to the individuallity of the set design. He also has a semi-unique way of attaching his life-meter:

Like Skrall, he has his on his foot. Vorox has it a little better, though, as he actually has a reason for attaching it there, as no light modification could move it somewhere less-intrusive, not that it intrudes at all here. However:
Another not-so-unique feature he shares with a fellow Glatorian is the awkward Thornax launcher mount. Same with Strakk, not a visual botehr and doesn't affect playability, but I would've liked an easier-to-remove setup.
Vorox is really a nice set. The tan and bits of brown with black background are a great combo. Rock on, sand-dude.
Next is the young upstart, Gresh!
Old 01-05-2009, 07:04 PM   #57
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master

Now here's a real sweet fighter. He's nimble, sleek and pretty skilled. Gresh is the "main character". He's the youngest, he's the one kids think is teh "coolest' and stuff, and he deserves it.

The first thing that gets you about Gresh is that he's nice and bright green, though my camera fails miserably at showing it. His designmay look like a regular Toa Inika, but it's really quite interesting. The leaves/spikes on the helmet, along with the shoulder pads, sheild, feet and leg armour really drive home the plant-theme, but doesn't over-dure it to the point where it comprimises the design. He's very lean and slim, but it fits as he's the agile dude who does backflips for no reason and swings and dashes in between trees.

Despite what the shoulder pads seem, he's very posable. The sheild is just great, as it actually looks like it could help deflect Thornax and stops sword blows.

Better even, they come of as arm blades, and they work as arm-blades, too. This adds a lot to playability and is great for shifting poses on the shelf.

His helmet is just cool, as it's simple and sleek, just liek him. It's quite long, not Skrall long but longer than your average helmet or any mask. It's also angled to fit perfectly with his Inika torso armour.

Unlike Strakk or Vorox, he holds his launcher the best. Like a regular blaster, it has a handle that just pops out of his hands. I can't really describe how asthetically pleasing he is, so i just snapped some more pics.

And just to show the other guys love:

Old 01-05-2009, 08:09 PM   #58
jacobot
drone 179

Glatorian comic came in the mail today...

Cool Ride!!!

Oh... Rock Steed is a Walmart Exclusive... February

Last edited by jacobot; 01-05-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:22 PM   #59
Prime Roller
Introspective Reflector

Do any of you Bionicle fans know if there are any Bionicle characters who have a head that might resemble Bruticus' head at all? Either G1 or Universe. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	r_bruticus018.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	1862   Click image for larger version

Name:	r_bruticus019.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	1863  

Old 01-05-2009, 09:58 PM   #60
jacobot
drone 179

^ Go to Bioniclestory.com in the Heros and Villans section... nothing too close I can see