Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 02-08-2017, 05:00 PM   #1
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Legion vs Legends Class: Case in point, Beast Hunters Air Vehicon

This seemed like the perfect little figure to go back and review since I wanted to talk about a topic quickly. As such, here is my look at the Beast Hunters legion class Air Vehicon. As for the brief topic? I don't know if it just me or not, but many folks equate Legends and Legion class. I see why but it still drives me nuts. They are two different classes with different articulation and different pricepoints. Anyway, there is my rant and here is my review of a surprisingly fun little toy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nGXkR6TcMA
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 06:07 PM   #2
down_shift
Fortress Maximus
Re: Legion vs Legends Class: Case in point, Beast Hunters Air Vehicon

Totally different classes.

I guess it's just easier for some to lump them into the same "small" category. I love Legends figures, but the RID and Prime Legion figures were boring AF.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:35 PM   #3
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

I understand why people lump them but it is a collector pet peeve that totally drives me bonkers. I completely agree with you though. I did get the little vehicon and he us a hoot, but more like being a novelty rather than an actual figure.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:13 PM   #4
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
I understand why people lump them but it is a collector pet peeve that totally drives me bonkers. I completely agree with you though. I did get the little vehicon and he us a hoot, but more like being a novelty rather than an actual figure.
I did the same. I picked the air vehicle Legion Air Vehicle because he was decent enough.

The bigger ones like Hardshell, or Shockwave were a lot of fun. Those became the running standard for Legends and I couldn't be happier with them.

With Toy Fair not that far away, we should be seeing a new Seaspray and Huffer and maybe some more Throttlebots. Either way, I'm pumped.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:04 PM   #5
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

You said it! Old Legends from the Universe line, for example, do seem more like what devolved into Legion. The Cyberverse commander Hardshell, for example, was a vast improvement, at least for articulation if nothing else and I dig the Legends line as it has followed. I can see the Bee/Road burn mold being logically overused like the Classics Seeker mold to give an abundance of throttlebots lol. I'd be cool with that. Do you really expect a Seaspray and a new Huffer, considering that we got one not long ago? I would love Seaspray, suspect Outback and hope, oh how I HOPE, for a Beachcomber. Honestly? I would also dig seeing a TR Eject and, well, we will say Frenzy ( even though we all know the truth lol). I also have a secret wish for the Blackjack mold to get a mass release for Runamuck and Runabout, after all, they looked great in Japan lol.

Last edited by GotBot; 02-08-2017 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:17 PM   #6
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Yup. We should be getting Huffer, Seaspray, and Cosmos. Outback seems like a given, and the Brawn mold could potentially be remoldedited into Beachcomber. I'd be happy to take a new Warpath and Pipes too. No need to do Windchager again. The RTS version is already perfect.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:53 AM   #7
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Yup. We should be getting Huffer, Seaspray, and Cosmos. Outback seems like a given, and the Brawn mold could potentially be remoldedited into Beachcomber. I'd be happy to take a new Warpath and Pipes too. No need to do Windchager again. The RTS version is already perfect.
Cosmos seems like a shocker since the generations one is pretty amazing as is. I have the CW Huffer and Pipes. It was a nice Huffer headsculpt but really they were more a case of "I see what they were going for" rather than a real effort. So I dig a new version of them. As for Warpath, I agree. However, the Deluxe generations one is pretty much everything right with Transformers,lol.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:27 PM   #8
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
Cosmos seems like a shocker since the generations one is pretty amazing as is. I have the CW Huffer and Pipes. It was a nice Huffer headsculpt but really they were more a case of "I see what they were going for" rather than a real effort. So I dig a new version of them. As for Warpath, I agree. However, the Deluxe generations one is pretty much everything right with Transformers,lol.
With the New York Toy Fair next weekend we should see some of these guys revealed. I liked G-Warpath but didn't love him. There were things that bugged me like his face or the big holescreen above his hands. I loved all the minibots, so any and all are welcome. I'd love them you take another swing at Gears. The mold worked well for Swerve, but they couldn't quite get the face right on Gears.
Old 02-12-2017, 03:54 PM   #9
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Agreed about Gears. I really like the figure and will be fine if he is the definitive, but I could appreciate a little tweaking for better accuracy for sure.
Old 02-12-2017, 04:59 PM   #10
DuG
Titanium

Hasbro has stated that they are trying to complete sets of figures in the legends line such as the insecticons and minibots. However I would like to see them complete the deluxe insecticons as they have only done chopshop so far. I'd like to see them do a repaint and slight remold to the bombshell figure for barrage and the same for ransack from the kickback mold. I would really love to see a legends venom though.
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote