Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-23-2019, 03:47 PM   #1
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here
Another day, another topic with questions. And thanks, you've all been a great help!

Another day, another topic with questions.

And thanks, you've all been a great help!

So, I have a couple generic modding questions.

I like the cartoon accurate MP's except the loss of the chrome and silver. Other then buying a KO and using those parts, or basically damaging my Takara by paining over things. Is there a guy, or a store, that sells either genuine, custom made, or KO parts?

I love my MP-36+ except for the gold eyes (and the lack of a damaged chest and face plate )

I'm looking for a completely non-destructive, removable at any time without damaging the paint, way to turn the eyes red. A bit of a translucent, luminescent look would be best.

My Hasbro US Prowl for some reason has a head that only swivels. You can't make him look up or down. Do any of his brothers have a ball join neck that I could use as a replacement (if that is even possible) for Prowl. I would just get a KO if you can't buy the part separately. If you CAN buy the parts separately, please give me a link!

Very lastly (I hope, and so do you lol), is there an after market set of pose-able hands for MP-9? It sucks that he's such a primary character and all his main fingers are fused together. You also have some limited wrist movement. I'm guessing there isn't, as his hands are a bit unique, but please, prove me wrong!

Thanks for all the help.

Again. lol

DM
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 05:27 PM   #2
predahank
Storing is hoarding
Re: Another day, another topic with questions. And thanks, you've all been a great he

I don’t think kfc makes posable hands for rodimus specifically but i remember seeing a thread about using kfc bluestreak hands

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threa...dimus.1116113/
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 06:51 AM   #3
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here
Re: Another day, another topic with questions. And thanks, you've all been a great he

Thanks! Anyone have any thoughts on my red eyes question, my MP-Prowl question, and lastly, I found out why my MP-9's 1 foot pops out and the leg panels don't tab in right.

The ratchet joint in the 1 foot is either not tight enough or the teeth aren't deep enough. Can these be tightened? If not, replaced? Second, the pin for the 1 front leg panel won't stay in it's peg. I'll try a bit of furniture polish.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:30 AM   #4
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
I love my MP-36+ except for the gold eyes (and the lack of a damaged chest and face plate )

I'm looking for a completely non-destructive, removable at any time without damaging the paint, way to turn the eyes red. A bit of a translucent, luminescent look would be best.
Just FYI, while that sounds fun, this means the toy will lose it's value. I am very surprised to hear someone wanting to alter a $400 toy. Of course if you wish to keep the toy forever, then its all good, but all I am saying is that interests change and altering toys is a sure way of not being able to sell them again at least not close to what they cost you the first time.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 06:30 PM   #5
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Yup I know that, which is why I wouldn't do anything that was permanent and not reversible.

Thanks for the warning though.