Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-07-2014, 09:11 PM   #11
Wheeltron
Maximal
Re: Beast Wars Masterpieces

That would put many core Beast Wars fans into their thirties I suppose, which may make more financial sense if they have established careers by then. More money to spend on toys?

The Generations ones are doing so well now because they have capital now which they (we I should say) didn't have too much of up until now. I'd consider myself a younger fan for the Beast Wars run because I wouldn't have been able to appreciate it even if I had been capable of viewing it during the original run.

However when it became available on VHS it was highly sought after among us all and channels obviously reran the series.

For me the 1986 movie is extremely important as well. I remember the day my dad said I could rent that from the store. He called it the "old" Transformers and it must have been quite different for me at the time but it had a big impact. Can't have been more than five at the time.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:25 PM   #12
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

lol I was born in good ol' 1984 and well I have to say most of my fond memories are of watching the G1 cartoon with my dad and only ever having optimus now when I saw them they were probably re-runs but I do remember him buying me the 86 movie when I was 4, with that being said I remember Beast Wars as being just as iconic as G1 imo as it was something totally different to my young eyes and I had mostly all of the toys from season 1 I would love to see mp Beast Wars but as most have said I would like to have MP g1 main cast and generations BW OP/ Megs before MP versions. My 2 cents
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:52 PM   #13
Abraxys
With full honors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeltron View Post
If not releasing a Masterpiece or two, what will they do in two years to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Beast Wars?

I think a couple of stand alone MPs would a smart course to take as it would test the waters for future molds.
I think Megatron or Cheetor are strong contenders for MP figures. I do hope we get some MP love for beast wars. We deserve it!

But, like myself, many Beast Wars fans are really happy with the generations stuff....so its really not a big deal if we get MP or not. IMO Rhinox and Waspinator Generations can stand next to MP figures, in terms of show accuracy and articulation, all they are really missing is the GLOSS LOL.

Abraxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:03 PM   #14
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

I hope we start getting BW MPs real soon. I have ZERO interest in most of the recent MP figures. Which the exception of Soundwave and the upcoming Star Saber. Everything as of late has been car...car...and another car. :yawn: I'm sick of cars.

I think part of the reason why HasTak has done Generations Rhinox, Waspinator, and Rattrap is to practice making better, more screen-accurate BW figures. Look at how many Optimus Prime figures we got before MP-01. And then many, many Optimus Prime figures we got between that and MP-10. Just look at what we got. There's Rhinox, the large voyager class figure, who's engineering and transformation techniques could easily be translated to someone like Primal. Then you've got Waspinator, the insect, which are very tricky to do. Which will probably lead to an Inferno or a Tarantulas or Blackarachnia down the line. And then you've got Rattrap, the stereotypical beastformer. Who shares a similar transformation to a lot of other beasties.

I hope we at least get an MP Primal and Megs. Primal would be super easy. His original Ultra figure is damn near perfect. He just needs a little more engineering and of course his arm blasters and he'd be perfect. Megs, unfortunately has never gotten a very good toy. It's sad that his best toy has a feature where you shove a key up his ass. Seriously, WTF? How can you do that to the best TF villain ever?

Last edited by UltraPrimal; 04-07-2014 at 10:10 PM.
UltraPrimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:04 PM   #15
Abraxys
With full honors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
I hope we at least get an MP Primal and Megs. Primal would be super easy. His original Ultra figure is damn near perfect. He just needs a little more engineering and of course his arm blasters and he'd be perfect.
Exactly. I definitely think Primal has the best chance, cause he was part of the voting roster and the engineering is there, but im still happy with what we see from the current generations. While I would shell out big bucks for MP's Im just glad were getting generations treatment to begin with.

Here's a thought, WHERE ARE THE 3RD PARTY BEAST WARS!

Abraxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:23 PM   #16
Undrave
Canadian Slag

The Third party company are too busy making MOAR HUFFERS and MOAR COMBINERS apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
I hope we start getting BW MPs real soon. I have ZERO interest in most of the recent MP figures. Which the exception of Soundwave and the upcoming Star Saber. Everything as of late has been car...car...and another car. :yawn: I'm sick of cars.

I think part of the reason why HasTak has done Generations Rhinox, Waspinator, and Rattrap is to practice making better, more screen-accurate BW figures. Look at how many Optimus Prime figures we got before MP-01. And then many, many Optimus Prime figures we got between that and MP-10. Just look at what we got. There's Rhinox, the large voyager class figure, who's engineering and transformation techniques could easily be translated to someone like Primal. Then you've got Waspinator, the insect, which are very tricky to do. Which will probably lead to an Inferno or a Tarantulas or Blackarachnia down the line. And then you've got Rattrap, the stereotypical beastformer. Who shares a similar transformation to a lot of other beasties.

I hope we at least get an MP Primal and Megs. Primal would be super easy. His original Ultra figure is damn near perfect. He just needs a little more engineering and of course his arm blasters and he'd be perfect. Megs, unfortunately has never gotten a very good toy. It's sad that his best toy has a feature where you shove a key up his ass. Seriously, WTF? How can you do that to the best TF villain ever?
Yeah I'm sick of cars too, plus a ton of the old so-called 'iconic' G1 cast didn't have as much character and memorability between them as a single Beast Wars character!

The Transmetal Megatron toy looked pretty darn cool...if you forget the GPS making it fall apart... And I dig my giant TM2 Megatron! That thing's brutal.

If we can't have MPs I'd LOVE a Transmetal Megatron reissue that fixed the gold plastic syndrome problem.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:41 PM   #17
Blurrz
Fast Everything

Its a long shot, and would be pretty cool, but I think they are tackling BW just fine with Generations.

I just don't see where it would be play a role in my collection, other than a standalone piece. Even then, Optimal Optimus and Megatron TM2 do that just fine. The only feasible way I'd see it is, is to do Season 1 Megs and OP. That's about it.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:34 AM   #18
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

Ahhhh Yessss! Beast wars MP! But which versions to do? The original or the transmetals. Optimus and Megatron had 3 official version, 4 if you count the original toy release where Op was a bat and Megs was a alligator.
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:28 AM   #19
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

I dont think it will happen or not anytime soon. There is bw fans but not nearly as many as g1 fans so unless they make some in small quantities to hopefully make sure they all sell I dont see it happening.

Hey if it happens go for it. It will save me money because I have less than zero interest in any bw mps or bw in general.

Just finish giving us every single g1 figure first then I can stop collecting and you guys can have the bw "stuff"

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:33 PM   #20
Magnus
City Commander
Send a message via MSN to Magnus

Having never been a fan of Beast Wars, I can't say that it's something I'm interested in. But being a fan of the Masterpiece line, I'd at least have a look see. I'd have to be blown away to purchase though.
Earthrise - Centurion Drone set, Thrust, Runabout
Kingdom - GS Galvatron, Road Rage
Masterpiece - MP-19+ Smokescreen, MP-20+ Wheeljack, MP-39+ Spinout
3P: MMC Commotus

"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy - okay, give me the bomb." - Ultra Magnus

My feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ghlight=Magnus
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote