Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-18-2015, 12:59 PM   #11
Megatron75
Alternator
Re: Why people don't say NO

I generally only "buy" but have had a few exchanges with two different board members about "selling" recently. In both cases they definitely wanted the items and wanted me to "hold" onto them until a specified date which came and went. I didn't bother following up since I'm happy to keep the figures. I was just trying to help out a couple of fellow collectors. Oh well...
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 01:17 PM   #12
DanicusTF(cdn)
Armada

The last one pissed me off so much that I considered closing my thread and throwing it all on eBay. But I WANT to sell my Transformers to people who will appeciate them. It's hard, but a little common curtesy goes a long way. That being said, I've had great experiences with great people on the boards.

Just don't be afraid to back out, people! There's no hard feelings.
DanicusTF(cdn) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 01:20 PM   #13
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

I get this on Craigslist at lot when I'm selling. The problem is I try to be courteous and even hold the item and I pass up potential sales when the original interested party has disappeared. I've even had guys not answer my inquiries of if they're still interested, so I end up selling the item to someone else, then they email me a week later asking for it and then get mad when I hadn't held it for them...wtf.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 01:22 PM   #14
CAF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobkat View Post
I get this on Craigslist at lot when I'm selling. The problem is I try to be courteous and even hold the item and I pass up potential sales when the original interested party has disappeared. I've even had guys not answer my inquiries of if they're still interested, so I end up selling the item to someone else, then they email me a week later asking for it and then get mad when I hadn't held it for them...wtf.
Could take a deposit? Or just be forthright with No Holds. At the end of the day the reality is money talks and bullshit walks.
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 01:44 PM   #15
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Yup it's common courtesy. I mean they are the ones contacting the seller so they should expect a response. Everyone on this board has an email so they can't say they didn't get the message....

Unless you're a guy named Slayback and his inbox is full again

j/k bro
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:54 PM   #16
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Over on the west we use craigslist predominantly as opposed to kijiji but its the same deal (makes my head explode). I mostly buy transformers but sell lots of canucks tickets. Everyday I have people ask and if such and such game is available then nothing. i've had people arrange time and place and mysteriously fall off the face of the earth 30mins before.

I don't really get bent out of shape anymore but I do institute a policy of no holds and 1st come 1st serve.
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 04:03 PM   #17
BoNKerS
Animated

I continue to allow "holding" of product.

I want to ensure the members do have a chance to get something they want.
I've been burned twice now, it happens. It will probably happen again...

Not everyone has the money to spend when something is listed, understood. As others have mentioned though, please have the courtesy to tell me.

This community has helped me spot items I've wanted, helped me find some grails for my collection. I will not change up the ability to hold something due to some bad apples.

Screw the bad apples, continue to have fun!! If it doesn't sell today it will in the near future.
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 05:28 PM   #18
mcmus
Animated

I am not worry about my stuffs will sell or not. My take is "be a man and have the courtesy to tell me I AM GOING TO PASS OR DROP from the deal." ��
Old 09-18-2015, 05:58 PM   #19
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
What pisses me off is when you hold the piece for them cause they gotta have it and then the agreed time comes (can accept and understand a back out here) and goes with no communication at which point you contact them and they say no don't want it now found a cheaper one or whatever
.fine ....your a pick for not letting me know especially after holding it for you and have now screwed it for the rest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post
I always post first come first serve. If anyone has a pending offer and I sell it out from under them, I let them know.

On the other hand, some people who I have had good dealings with get a way different level of respect. I like to have rapport be a factor in dealing with anyone.

Trust is a big factor. But fortunately, the toy trading community have ways to verify good traders/sellers.
Pretty much those and very well said
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 06:02 PM   #20
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

I recently had 2 people express interest in stuff I was selling only to turn around and tell me that they didn't have any money to buy!
One after I was ready to ship!!