Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 08-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #41
Dragon Knight
Geass'd
Re: TFCON 2011

Aside from dropping my wallet in a taxi cab on my way home, I had a great time this weekend.

Dealer room pickings felt a little slim, everything I wanted was either not there, or out of my price range. The highlight of the convention for me was getting to meet Garry Chalk and Paul Eiding...thier like the cool Grandpas of the family.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #42
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

Yup we are going straight to hell and I'm leading the charge!! Lol

But it's going to be a big BBQ and all the cool people will be there

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:01 PM   #43
Jawz. D
That Black Guy

Man I had a lot of fun this year. I found myself mixing and mingling a lot this year. So much people to say hi to from last year and meeting new people this year.

I was glad to see the guy that played Animate Sentinel Prime last year come back for the script reading this year.

Woo what a blast. See everyone next year I hope. ^_^

Wendel

Follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/JawzD
Jawz. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #44
nicoath
Underbase caretaker

Hello to all!

This was my second TFcon in a row and can't wait for next year!

I usually plan a trip along with TFcon, so I visit family and friends in Toronto at the same time. This limits my time a little, and I hope that next year I can experience it a little more by limiting the external visits.

I was there on Saturday & Sunday and I mainly spent time in the dealer room, chatting with Simon Furman, and taking pictures of Barricade.

If I compare this to last year, I say that it is definitely up a few notches (not implying that last year was not good) on all levels. The organization, panels (caught a few), dealer room, special guests, literally everything. The staff, supporters, volunteers, cosplayers, guests (Furman my man, you are awesome), dealers (the ones I dealt with anyways), whomever I left out should all give yourselves a standing ovation. You guys put on a great show! And it is all the thanks to you that this went so smoothly. Regardless of what anyone says, for myself I would choose this TF convention over any other hands down.

Many thanks to all and looking forward to next year.

Nick
nicoath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #45
talon4ce
Generation 1

To add to all the nice things in here, I also had a fantastic time! This is going to be long, I apologize if it gets boring :P

Friday:
-brought Bumblebee, couldn't wear it for very long because it's getting to be very uncomfortable. Considering a 'reboot' of the costume
-still had a great time posing for pictures as Bumblebee
-just about died laughing at 'Jimmy Stewart' and the opening ceremonies
-hanging out with friends
-watching the trivia contest hosted by Garry Chalk and JLvatron
-running barefoot across the room to grab some candies (I was wearing flip flops and didn't want to make noise)
-enjoyed Decepticon Army's Collecting 101 panel as his information is good for pretty much any purchase and general web safety when doing online transactions. It's just too bad that with the delay in programming (because so many people were registering, which is a good thing!), the pictionary game got shoe-horned into the back of the room and it was slightly distracting. But they were good and weren't too loud
-playing pictionary when Phil was finished his presentation
-hanging out at the bar

Saturday
-finished Optimus costume at 5:30am, got about 4 hours of sleep
-arrived in time for Garry Chalk's Q&A. Paul Eiding's hijacking was freaking hilarious! Smurfs and their ice cream...
-had help getting into my costume (thanks guys!) and lined up with the other contestants. I felt really bad when a lot of people turned and started taking pictures of me instead of paying attention to the girl in the Blackarachnia costume who was on stage at the moment. I tried pointing at the stage and shouting 'Oi! Eyes up front, pay attention to her!' but I don't think the message got through because people were still taking pictures of me. I'm really not trying to be modest or humble here because the other contestants worked really hard on their costumes too and they deserve just as much credit and attention.
-though I must admit I was pleased to take 1st place again. I will gladly host another how-to panel on costuming next year if anybody's up for it!
-decided to stay in costume, went and got Garry and Paul's autographs (hehe so cool, Prime and Primal, and then G1!)
-wandered around, posing for pictures, stopping to chat with almost everybody, had a good sit on the couch and rather enjoyed being 'Lazymus Prime' because everybody got a good laugh when they saw me lounging there in my costume with a Coke in hand "That should be a Pepsi!"
-very much enjoyed the script reading, and was especially amused when Phil told me how weird it was to have Prime staring at him the whole time he did his lines! I can't take the helmet off by myself (or put it on for that matter) and it was airy and comfortable enough that I just left it on
-got in on the group photo (can't wait to see how it turned out!)
-finally took off the costume just before 7 and it felt so good to scratch my itches! I can't believe I wore it for 5 hours and didn't die! Yes, it was very hot but being able to sip water through a straw (under the mouth plate) and actually lean back into any chair, it was really quite comfortable. Basically, my Prime costume is to the Bee costume as silk pajamas are to the iron maiden. I think I'll get a zentai spandex suit and then it really will be super comfy!
-watched the Faction Feud. The answer is 'Whores'!
-partied at the bar, enjoyed Garry's concert, and especially enjoyed chatting with Simon Furman about British TV series for at least an hour! I really hope going for a pint at the Sherlock Holmes pub in London with him comes soon (I gotta say that our conversation was probably my favourite part of the weekend)

Sunday
-crashed at Hinky's place and drove home in the morning to shower and change
-got back for 1, got Simon's autograph
-'transformed' into Prime and spent the afternoon wandering about again. Played piano, pretended to have a late-night talk-show while seated on the chairs beside the piano, had a pretend nap to do photos, held a baby, played 'Santa Prime', thoroughly enjoyed myself
-took off costume when it seemed almost everybody had gone home and hung out for the rest of the afternoon/evening, had a real nap in the lobby (those chairs are so comfy)
-Slurpee run with Guber, his friend Bob, Hinky, and Ninjatron!
-stuck around for the podcast recording and did an interview
-headed home close to midnight and was sad to see the end of TFcon but glad for all the fantastic memories with friends new and old!

And if you've stuck through this long, here are my pics:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...a4af53b&type=1

Last edited by talon4ce; 08-03-2011 at 02:25 PM.
talon4ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:26 PM   #46
Dispensor
Generation 1
Quick Thoughts On TFCon 2011

The dealer room was both a disappointment and a triumph. I couldn't find any large Energon toys for a decent price and no one was interesting in trading for my increasingly boring TFCC Astrotrain. OTOH, I got Animated Skywarp for $15. Far more impressively, I got G2 Hooligan for $15 ON CARD. Part of me wishes I'd gotten Skyjack and Space Case while I was at it, even though I didn't really desire them.

Lots of children roaming around, which always makes me smile. Probably the cutest sight I saw all weekend was a little boy at the swimming pool holding a TM2 Megatron proudly and affectionately.

The Hasbro panel was the exact same as SDCC's. Still, nice to see images of Sky Shadow and Junkheap.

Garry Chalk gave everyone in the hotel bar on Saturday night an impromptu guitar concert. The man has far more talent up his sleeve than just his voice. He also revealed that his favourite version of Optimus Primal was the pre-Transmetal one. Good choice!

I got to spend a good deal of time chatting over drinks with Paul Eiding and his lovely wife, Colleen. I've been going to Transformers conventions for over a decade now, and I must say that Paul is one of the kindest, friendliest most down-to-earth guests I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

I praised Simon Furman for including the Monsterbots in Maximum Dinobots and urged him to use them more in #80 Ongoing.

The new hotel was a longer drive than in previous years, and you had to either walk a fair distance or drive to get to the restaurant strip, but I rather liked it. Even went on the 165' waterslide.

TFCon was a very enjoyable experience.
Dispensor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:04 PM   #47
hupla
Machine War

AMAZING time this year! Was great having lunch with my man Matrix_holder and hanging out with some /toy/ bros. Loved staying in the hotel this year since it let me hang at the bar all night

Cant wait for 2012!
hupla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #48
Guber
Generation 2
Guber's Ebay Auctions

DUDES!!!!
I had the TIME OF MY LIFE!!! This year felt extra special for me. I'm going through a lot of life changes right now (puberty's a bitch!) and TFcon came at the best possible time to give me a break from daily stresses. I made so many great connections and had great conversations with people, the guests were absolutely amazing to hang with, the new hotel was top notch, the hotel bar was totally sweet, and there were many super-spectacular memorable events that happened over the weekend that were so special, once in a lifetime sort of things (Optimus Primal unplugged anyone?). I'm also particularly proud of myself for personally "dude-ifying" about 80% of all the people at the con. Did anyone happen to get video of that?

A big shout and lots of love to the TFCON staff, the super friendly hotel staff, all the people I connected with, my awesome roomies, the Ninjamasters, my buds, my bros, my homies and my bitches. EVERYONE!

I Fucking Love You Guys!
Guber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #49
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guber View Post
I'm also particularly proud of myself for personally "dude-ifying" about 80% of all the people at the con. Did anyone happen to get video of that?
I didn't get any video of it, but I sat outside the panel room for a while and got to witness you "dude-ify" a ton of folks!
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #50
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedtime View Post
i need to single out GUBER as being the catalyst of it all really. i lucked out when he needed another roommate for saturday night. anyone that knows him knows that you cant NOT love the guy, and that just got the whole ball rolling.
Glad you had a good time. And yes, Guber is DA DUDE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
So for those of you who ended up going to the script reading, did Paul Eiding actually use "Science!" as Perceptor's tagline?
Hahaha, no!
I think he was joking about that. He later said some longer lines like "A cursory evaluation..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guber View Post
, the Ninjamasters,
I thought you became the consultants?

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote