Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #481
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero
Re: MP Soundwave @ TRU.CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
I just have a question for those of you who are trying so hard to get the 25% off and don't get mad but isn't it almost a waist of time if they ship them after Aug. 31 as that is when said coupon expires so wont the discount just be removed after the date ?
Yes, the thought did cross my mind that the delay in releasing our orders is linked to the expiration of the HASBRO25PD coupon. That's some Machiavellian shit on TrU Canada's part if true.

The CSR that finally applied the discount to my pre-order simply said it would appear as a refund against my credit card after it gets charged for SW so I'm just hoping they apply the discount in time or honour it past the expiry at this point.

Either way the most important thing is the order itself which I half expect to get cancelled too.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #482
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
I just have a question for those of you who are trying so hard to get the 25% off and don't get mad but isn't it almost a waist of time if they ship them after Aug. 31 as that is when said coupon expires so wont the discount just be removed after the date ?
It's possible that, instead of disputing the validity of the coupon for pre-order with customers, TRU just decided to ship the Soundwave online orders on Aug 31. That way the products are now considered "in-stock" when they ship it and it meets the Aug 31 expiry date. I've worked in retail and supply chain long enough to know how a retailer can cheat. Mind you. TRU won't lose money or margin due to the 25% off coupon. The promo is funded by Hasbro. That mean for every Hasbro product sold during the promo period, Hasbro will give back TRU the 25%.

I sent a polite email and I got a reply from a Bruno (that sounds so sexy. LOL) that they will refund me 25% on my SW and AS order. I don't think TRU will adjust the initial order. I think they will charge full price up front as ordered and then refund a 25% just like price adjustment in store.

Last edited by Darth Cylon; 08-19-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #483
Nazarite
Masterpiece Collector

I have never seen this coupon to read the stipulations on it. Usually they will say something like 'not valid on sale or pre-order items' and 'cannot be used in conjunction with other discounts'. If the coupon doesn't stipulate then the discount would be taken into account at time of order. Those who have been promised a refund have been told the their pre-order is eligible and the refund would be applied after the initial billing. As far as what will actually happen only time will tell.
Nazarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:17 PM   #484
Sabreweasel
Generation 1

Doesn't pre-orders usually mean before its released at retail? Or am I missing something. I mean it is TRU after all but still.
Cheers
Sabre
Sabreweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #485
Nazarite
Masterpiece Collector

Quote:
Doesn't pre-orders usually mean before its released at retail?
Or at least at the same time as retail. This is the first pre-order I've ever seen that waits until after retail release (Limited quantity or not) to fulfill it's pre-orders. I posed this very question to TRU. Still waiting for a response.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #486
RageD
Energon

All This Soundwave Nonsense is the reason I'm no longer collecting masterpieces. That and the Fiasco that was Optimus.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:57 PM   #487
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Didn't people pre-order it on the website? What's the ruckus about hunting it for then?
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #488
sacha88
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazarite View Post
Or at least at the same time as retail. This is the first pre-order I've ever seen that waits until after retail release (Limited quantity or not) to fulfill it's pre-orders. I posed this very question to TRU. Still waiting for a response.
My thoughts exactly. Interested to hear the response. The whole point of pre-ordering is the guarantee that you will get one at release.
sacha88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:50 PM   #489
Nazarite
Masterpiece Collector

Quote:
Interested to hear the response.
I think I'll be lucky to get a response on this question because likely no one knows. At least not the saps doing email support anyways. I also asked if there was a tentative date for pre-order fulfillment. Likely won't get an answer to that one either.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:23 PM   #490
UltraMagnus69
Acid Pellet Style

In laffy I trust. I will continue to wait patiently.
UltraMagnus69 is offline   Reply With Quote