Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #31
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy
Re: Iron Man 3

saw it tonight, put Joss back in, this Shane guy sucks, and if this is the direction they continue in, i'll just pretend it ended at Avengers Assemble

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:34 AM   #32
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

I just saw it tonight and freaking loved it. Not sure about all the hate. Reading the posts, seems like the issues are not staying true to the source material and honoring the Mandarian. I personally like the changes they made from the comics. I don't know if a green guy with magic rings would play well on the big screen. Maybe it would have, but I liked the twist and think it just made a lot more sense. Guy Pearce and Ben Kingsley played theirs roles fantastically.

Could the pacing be a bit better and a little less comedy? Sure, but not enough to gripe about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers Ian View Post
Probably the biggest gripe I have with it was they just kinda forgot about Tony's anxiety attacks and if he resolved them and how he over came them.
My actual gripe is why this anxiety thing is even in the movie? It comes out of no where. My overall gripe about the Iron Man movies is that they are inconsistent:

Iron Man: great
Iron Man 2: out of no where the arc reactor is killing him.
Avengers: great
Iron Man 3: out of no where anxiety issue stemming from the events of what happened in Avengers.

I think if you were to watch those movies back to back, it would seem really weird where he goes from fine to something random to fine to something random again.

Ya, I know, different writers and directors. Maybe it's just me that is bothered by this. I don't think either thing needed to be in the movies, just out of left field for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by transforminator View Post
Some gripes I had:

The moment you realize that Killian is doing all this because Tony didnt meet him on the roof in 1999
I dug it because super villains are like that, just need something to spark the fire. And havin the epiphany of the power of anonymity, scary. Ruling from the shadows is a scary thing.
Quote:
Suits falling apart in every badass scene
It bug me a bit, but that's how this goes in everything. If there is one of it, it is powerful and stuff. If there are lots of that same thing, then it loses all plot armour and becomes cannon fodder. Happened in TF Prime with the Insecicons for example. It's how it goes.
Quote:
It was a fun film, but fell flat on a lot of levels particularly since the marketing of this film suggested that the Mandarin would be villain of the year.
I hate spoilers so I don't even watch trailers becuz of that. But another thing is sometimes trailers give you one view on what the movie is, and then the movie itself being something different, and having those expectations from the trailer. Maybe I would of liked it less or maybe more if I saw the trailers, I donno. I tend to judge a movie based on the movie itself and not any outside influences.

Man, long post. Sorry, movie still fresh in my mind. And 2:33 AM, so full of adrenaline and curry buffet.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #33
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

loved it saw it first showing on opening day. but it was my least fav of them all other then all the different suits. i loves me some ironman suits.

hey freedom where do i find more info on all the diff suits and there names etc etc? is there a good book or something on that?

oh and downshift it was guy pierce not guy richie

2 guys a girl and a ironman suit? lol

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #34
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot22 View Post
loved it saw it first showing on opening day. but it was my least fav of them all other then all the different suits. i loves me some ironman suits.

hey freedom where do i find more info on all the diff suits and there names etc etc? is there a good book or something on that?
That's a good question. The majority of info that I have comes from frequenting 1/6 scale figure forums due to my Hot Toys Iron Man addiction.

I believe the "Art of Iron Man 3" book might contain stuff on suits and designs. Also, the book also includes storyboards for fights in the final battle between suits and Extremis soldiers that we didn't see in the movie; we can only hope they're part of deleted scenes on the Blu-ray/DVD, especially since the rumor was that they cut 1-1.5 hours from the original cut to make it fit into a theather-friendly movie length.

Though, as far as I can tell, out of the 35 new suits in this movie, only about 12-15 are actually [i]unique[/u] suits. Many of the ones in between are actually repaints of each other since they were prototypes (kinda like how the Mk.2 was a prototype to the Mk.3, and thus had identical designs); others appear to be more or less just repainted part-swaps of other suits (ie, arms of Mk.X, torso and head of Mk.Y, legs of Mk.Z).

Here is the pic of almost all the suits, and I believe it's from the book.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7414/8...40aae1d0_o.jpg

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #35
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Finally saw it, overall I didn't like it as much as the 1st movie. It lacked the charm of the surly womanizing Stark and I felt the action scenes were few and far between.

I don't know if they explained this, but why didn't Tony call forth his army of suits while his Malibu mansion was under attack by the choppers?

I did like his interaction with the stupid kid and the Mandarin, some good chuckles on my behalf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Great movie!

Would have been a 6 out 5 stars for me if Gwyneth Paltrow died right away like she did in "Contagion" .
My niece and I were the only two in the crowd to LOL during the scene when she fell in the ball of fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
saw it tonight, put Joss back in, this Shane guy sucks, and if this is the direction they continue in, i'll just pretend it ended at Avengers Assemble
I don't know what this means but I'm sure I saw Joss name in the end of the credits as a special thanks or something another.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ironman, marvel, movie