Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 05-26-2009, 02:03 AM   #1
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus
ROTF Legend Wave 1 Review

ROTF Legend Bumblebee is an all new mold for the second movie with the 2010 Camaro as an alt mode. The head has good paint apps and some nice detail. The waist and leg kibble is subtle and adds to the look. Limited pose ability as with most legends class figures, but will no doubt be ever kids favorite.

ROTF Legend Springer is new to the movie line, but is known to all (I hope!) as a classic G1 character. Of course the original was a triple changer. This time around we will have to settle for a single alt mode which is a twin prop airplane, possibly a VTOL craft. Great paint apps in plane mode and robot mode. A simple yet fun transformation with the prop blades becoming ?weapons? on his wrists. Great little hands as well. Definitely recommend him.

ROTF Legend Optimus Prime is another new mold that is a significant improvement from the first movie. He bulkier and looks more like movie Prime. The paint apps are good and the fit in his alt mode semi truck is awesome. He is also able to combine with ROTF legend Jetfire.

ROTF Legend Jetfire is a new in movie character; most of us should know him from G1 as well. Now the SR-71 has been a favorite plane of mine since I heard of it. Jetfire is also one on my favorite TFs. I can only imagine that the two combined will only be super awesome! We will see. The alt mode looks good and the robot mode seems quite true to the movie character of an old bot. He also was the only one of the four reviewed that was packaged as a Decepticon. And he does have a slightly scratched con logo in jet mode. Jetfire can combine with ROTF Legend Prime.

The combine mode of Jetfire and Prime is quite simple. This mode is not mentioned in either of the bots instructions. It?s fairly simple, uhh? insert Jetfire?s tab into Primes slot. You will figure it out. The look is pretty cool and they will stand up on their own. Great design and execution. And until some Premium Leaders hit the shelves I will be very happy with this combiner.

________
Mercury milan specifications

Last edited by racerguy76; 02-17-2011 at 12:51 PM.
racerguy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:46 PM   #2
Poho
Generation 2
Re: ROTF Legend Wave 1 Review

these are looking REALLY awesome!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Xbox Live: Mr Poho
Poho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:22 AM   #3
Pascal
Banned

Nice pics man!
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:45 AM   #4
Wheelie
Riding on Grimlocks back!

I hate my legends prime! If I even look at him his left arm falls off. I really am going to have to exchange him for a new one.

Jetfire is great I love him, that ol' crotchety bastard! LOL **Edit** I looked my mine and he has a scratched logo too.

As for the other I didn't see them.

p.s. Nice review & pictures

Last edited by Wheelie; 05-27-2009 at 02:53 AM.
Wheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:19 AM   #5
Batman
The Dark Knight

I picked up Prime and Jetfire last week and I must say they are awesome little dudes. The combination is pretty meh, but the figures on their own are really fun.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:27 AM   #6
Razorwing
Robot in Disguise

in all honestly, I just can't see how these legends figures are awesome. Yes for sure they are small, but really inacurrate. So if you guys could somehow presuade me how these guys are awesome, I'll be glad. I only have 1 Legends figure. G1 Wheelie., now HE is awesome.

ROTF Owned: LDR Prime, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Soundwave, Rampage, RH Prime&Blackout, RH Bumlebee&Longhaul, LGD Prime, LGD Jetfire, Knockout,Ransack,Breakaway, DepthCharge,Skids, Mixmaster, HA Bee, Scapel, LDR Jetfire, Ravage, Mudflap, Ice Cream Twins, and Jolt.
Razorwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:07 AM   #7
Ultra Maverick
The Bow Tie Guy

Between these and the Japanese Devastator figures I may just become a legends man
Ultra Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #8
chans formers
raff ow roud

i like how springer has his name tampoed onto the top of his vehicle mode somewhat semi disguised.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:27 AM   #9
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorwing View Post
in all honestly, I just can't see how these legends figures are awesome. Yes for sure they are small, but really inacurrate. So if you guys could somehow presuade me how these guys are awesome, I'll be glad. I only have 1 Legends figure. G1 Wheelie., now HE is awesome.
Unlike Minicons, they're kickass and they portray characters we actually care for.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:10 PM   #10
BeeBoy29
Alternator

man is springer, op, and jetfire cool i so want them!
BeeBoy29 is offline   Reply With Quote