Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-20-2014, 09:21 PM   #81
chans formers
raff ow roud
Re: tfcon 2014 high's and low's

yup,right beside the minigolf course.
to access it,you can either go through the doors at the main inside pool or there's two other doors on the lower level that lead to both the outside pool and mini golf course.
theres also a tennis/badminton facility on the north side of the towers under a big white dome.
heck,there's even a salon/esthetics shop downstairs before you hit the weight room.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:39 PM   #82
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
yup,right beside the minigolf course.
to access it,you can either go through the doors at the main inside pool or there's two other doors on the lower level that lead to both the outside pool and mini golf course.
theres also a tennis/badminton facility on the north side of the towers under a big white dome.
heck,there's even a salon/esthetics shop downstairs before you hit the weight room.
I've been going to the hotel for 3 years and I've never known this.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:45 PM   #83
chans formers
raff ow roud

^lolz,when you're at the hotel both before and after tfcon you tend to go exploring to pass time

though for some odd reason,the minigolf course hasn't been open during tfcon the last couple of years.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:45 PM   #84
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
^lolz,when you're at the hotel both before and after tfcon you tend to go exploring to pass time

though for some odd reason,the minigolf course hasn't been open during tfcon the last couple of years.
MINI GOL......mother fucker.
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:45 AM   #85
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

This year was a pretty decent TFCon for me.

As some of you may know, I've been a dealer at the last few TFCons but this year I decided to just go as a guest. And not even a weekend pass holder. I was originally just going to go Saturday as a walk-in, but after talking with friends at the show, they convinced me to come back Sunday too.

One of the highlights of the weekend was probably hanging out with Aaron Archer and some other fans at the bar talking about TFs and stuff until 2AM. Reminded me of back in 2009 when a bunch of us were chilling with Derrick Wyatt until 4AM: one of my fondest TFCon memories.

Also got some good career advice and made some connections. Having recently finished school, I'm not going to ignore any possibility for finding work in my field(s) of interest.

If anything I regret not being a little more aggressive in that aspect. I think I spotted MegaShaun, aka Shaun from EP Daily/Reviews on the Run, at the hotel bar hanging out with the Cybertronic Spree band. (Which apparently he's a member of?) If my desired career field was a target, Electric Playground / Reviews on the Run would be the bullseye or damn near the center of it. So I really regret not talking to him at the show. I might have got the inside track on an internship or something.

I also wish I talked to more 3rd party guys. I did talk to a few of them, but I wish I chatted with more. Especially since I had a few ideas and concepts to that I wanted to see if they were interested in producing, but maybe I'll just throw some of them up on Shapeways or something and if it's popular see if a 3rd party wants to do a retail release of it.

And going off that, I really wish I brought some of my work to show to people. It's hard to say I'm good at something when I don't have anything to prove it. Which only reinforces my personal mandate to challenge myself more and build/improve my portfolio/web presence whether it's posting art on deviantArt, uploading T-shirt designs on RedBubble, or doing videos for YouTube.

As was suggested to me, I think next year I'll be going to TFCon as an artist and be selling my own prints. Although it entirely depends where my career path takes me over the next year. For all I know I could be busy working for some company in Texas making stupid internet videos.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:19 AM   #86
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
This year was a pretty decent TFCon for me.

As some of you may know, I've been a dealer at the last few TFCons but this year I decided to just go as a guest. And not even a weekend pass holder. I was originally just going to go Saturday as a walk-in, but after talking with friends at the show, they convinced me to come back Sunday too.

One of the highlights of the weekend was probably hanging out with Aaron Archer and some other fans at the bar talking about TFs and stuff until 2AM. Reminded me of back in 2009 when a bunch of us were chilling with Derrick Wyatt until 4AM: one of my fondest TFCon memories.

Also got some good career advice and made some connections. Having recently finished school, I'm not going to ignore any possibility for finding work in my field(s) of interest.

If anything I regret not being a little more aggressive in that aspect. I think I spotted MegaShaun, aka Shaun from EP Daily/Reviews on the Run, at the hotel bar hanging out with the Cybertronic Spree band. (Which apparently he's a member of?) If my desired career field was a target, Electric Playground / Reviews on the Run would be the bullseye or damn near the center of it. So I really regret not talking to him at the show. I might have got the inside track on an internship or something.

I also wish I talked to more 3rd party guys. I did talk to a few of them, but I wish I chatted with more. Especially since I had a few ideas and concepts to that I wanted to see if they were interested in producing, but maybe I'll just throw some of them up on Shapeways or something and if it's popular see if a 3rd party wants to do a retail release of it.

And going off that, I really wish I brought some of my work to show to people. It's hard to say I'm good at something when I don't have anything to prove it. Which only reinforces my personal mandate to challenge myself more and build/improve my portfolio/web presence whether it's posting art on deviantArt, uploading T-shirt designs on RedBubble, or doing videos for YouTube.

As was suggested to me, I think next year I'll be going to TFCon as an artist and be selling my own prints. Although it entirely depends where my career path takes me over the next year. For all I know I could be busy working for some company in Texas making stupid internet videos.
everyone better buy some of his prints if he brings some
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:53 PM   #87
DestronDecepticon23
Generation 2

Highs:
  • Seeing a handfull of friends I only get to see at TFCon
  • Noticing people liked my artwork for the 2D contest
  • Getting to meet all 3 guests (Had a really good chat with Garry Chalk about other BC VAs such as Shirley Milner (Hexadecimal from ReBoot) and Kathleen Barr (Botanica in BM and Dot in ReBoot)
  • Neil Kaplan being generous with his autographs as well as Gregg Berger after giving them a piece of artwork I did for both (although them liking their respective pieces of art was a high in itself)
  • It was really fun chatting with Sarah Stone for the few times I went up to her booth
  • Getting Bluster and Trench (I'm a serious TFA completist and I can't wait for the versions of them with their show colours. Hope Mech Ideas will keep doing TFA stuff)

Lows:
  • The biggest low was not being able to get a commission from Alex Milne. I stopped by his booth around 11am on Saturday and I guess his slots all filled up around 9:30am (would have gone sooner, but usually I'm able to still get a commission around 11). REALLY wanted to get him to draw a MTMTE styled Botanica (because no one ever draws her). Guess I'll have to wait another year, although I'm not even sure if I'll be able to return next year. Too bad he doesn't take commissions during the year.
  • Was late on the draw for getting a commission from Sarah Stone too, but on Sunday she said she could, but I will have to wait for her to mail it out. Chose to get Strika, although I'm contemplating on perhaps getting a different character.
  • Regretted not picking up Botcon Clench and Deathsaurus

Current Hunt:
Breakdown
Twincast
DestronDecepticon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:06 PM   #88
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronDecepticon23 View Post
Lows:
[LIST] [*]The biggest low was not being able to get a commission from Alex Milne. I stopped by his booth around 11am on Saturday and I guess his slots all filled up around 9:30am (would have gone sooner, but usually I'm able to still get a commission around 11). REALLY wanted to get him to draw a MTMTE styled Botanica (because no one ever draws her). Guess I'll have to wait another year, although I'm not even sure if I'll be able to return next year. Too bad he doesn't take commissions during the year.
This would have been one of my major lows, I was at his table by 930 on saturday, and first to it on sunday and still didn't get a commission. Got told to go back a few times and nothing

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:13 PM   #89
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

If I were you guys, I'd message him on Twitter before the convention. I think that's how most people placed their commissions which was before the actual show. Which I think he's doing for Auto Assembly too.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:41 PM   #90
FEZaid
Arabian Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
If I were you guys, I'd message him on Twitter before the convention. I think that's how most people placed their commissions which was before the actual show. Which I think he's doing for Auto Assembly too.
For some reason He ignored my tweets, twice, don't know how to deal with him.