Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #11
sikkbones
Banned
Re: so whos into batman?

dark knight returns (not animated) needs to be made while Clint eastwood is still alive.
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #12
Batman
The Dark Knight

Batman's kind of lame.

A guy who dresses up as a bat clearly has issues.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:52 PM   #13
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Untill I heard the Fat Man on Batman I had forgot that Weller was the voice, but he was cast perfectly. I'm not sure where that story fits into the Batman cannon now, given that the post Dark Knight returns really focuses on Jason Todd's death and how it affected Bruce. Perhaps it is more considered a one off, not conected to the Bat universe.
I would consider it a one-off. A re-imagining (at the time) that not only re-defines but adds to who Batman is, but as far as Batman cannon, its place is to influence future work, but stand on its own. There's no real continuation from it in the sense of a sequel (I don't consider The Dark Knight Strikes Again a sequel, it was so terrible). Cannon implies to me you could put each story in a line and connect the dots and see the evolution. TDKR, you have essentially a huge spike - a giant leap from what was before - that almost stands out as an aberration, but has so much influence on everything that comes after. It's like TDK trilogy; Nolan's Batman is essentially Batman, but it's not. It ends with the movies; there probably won't be a continuation of a realistic Batman in movie or comic form.

If that makes any sense (probably not, haha). But at the same time, one could argue, since it has so much influence on everything that came after it, it is cannon. If a newbie asked me what they should read in order to understand Batman, The Dark Knight Returns would be #1 on that list.

Last edited by pud333; 10-11-2012 at 12:01 AM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #14
johndclayton
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Batman's kind of lame.

A guy who dresses up as a bat clearly has issues.

you would have issues too if you were a 9 year old child made to watch his parents murdered in cold blood by a mugger creep thief with a gun

im not arguing with you man or nothing liek that im jsut stating hoenst fact when it comes to the batman mythos

the guy has serious issues due to his being madea victim of horrible grief pain suffering and spyschological truama and emotional abuse over the matter

i think the easiest way to explain it is that bruce wayne suffers from a form of dissociative identity disorder due to it bieng his subconcisoue minds way of coping with the matter over time

basicly the bruce wayne personality/persona is the original personality but over time was overwritten by bruce waynes subconcious mind to be the minor personality and also serving as the mask pesona/personality in bruce waynes day to day life during the daytime

with batman beign the real person of the two and the batman persona/personality being the true person of the 2 and also the main personality in bruce waynes life in the present day

In Batman: TAS, Batman is the real person. Bruce Wayne is the mask he wears. growing up from a young age in my life as a fellow trauma victim I noticed that immediately, and it resonated because I understood what Batman was doing. You cannot suffer through that much pain and remain unchanged. However, you also cannot walk around wearing that pain.

People just cannot accept it, so you learn to wear a mask. this being done as a way for the victim to maintain some sense of humanity in their day to day life for theirself and also making it possible for that perso nto relate to their fellow man on a personel level when itcomes to that person who is the victim attempting to move on with their life and tos tay close with what few trusted friends and adoptive surrogate family that person has in their day to day lifeto support the victim over time
johndclayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #15
Janitor
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndclayton View Post
you would have issues too if you were a 9 year old child made to watch his parents murdered in cold blood by a mugger creep thief with a gun

im not arguing with you man or nothing liek that im jsut stating hoenst fact when it comes to the batman mythos

the guy has serious issues due to his being madea victim of horrible grief pain suffering and spyschological truama and emotional abuse over the matter

i think the easiest way to explain it is that bruce wayne suffers from a form of dissociative identity disorder due to it bieng his subconcisoue minds way of coping with the matter over time

basicly the bruce wayne personality/persona is the original personality but over time was overwritten by bruce waynes subconcious mind to be the minor personality and also serving as the mask pesona/personality in bruce waynes day to day life during the daytime

with batman beign the real person of the two and the batman persona/personality being the true person of the 2 and also the main personality in bruce waynes life in the present day

In Batman: TAS, Batman is the real person. Bruce Wayne is the mask he wears. growing up from a young age in my life as a fellow trauma victim I noticed that immediately, and it resonated because I understood what Batman was doing. You cannot suffer through that much pain and remain unchanged. However, you also cannot walk around wearing that pain.

People just cannot accept it, so you learn to wear a mask. this being done as a way for the victim to maintain some sense of humanity in their day to day life for theirself and also making it possible for that perso nto relate to their fellow man on a personel level when itcomes to that person who is the victim attempting to move on with their life and tos tay close with what few trusted friends and adoptive surrogate family that person has in their day to day lifeto support the victim over time
WAAAY over your head, this joke went.

First: check the poster's name
Second: you need to re-watch Batman Bagins
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #16
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janitor View Post
WAAAY over your head, this joke went.

First: check the poster's name
Second: you need to re-watch Batman Bagins

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #17
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Maybe if he had some cool glowing jewellery he would be alright. Oh wait... he did and the jerk rejected it.

Actually, Batman is a good number 2 in my books. Love the stories, love that his history did not get totally erased with the new 52 Universe.

I think Batman translates well because he is just a guy wearing a suit. Beyond his physical and mental abilities, he has no powers. He's more relatable that way.

If you don't already, follow the Goddamn Batman on Twitter. Lot's of LOL's.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #18
johndclayton
Generation 1

oh batman has one super power to his person

WILL POWER.
johndclayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #19
sikkbones
Banned

Don't burden yourself with the secrets of scary people.
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote