Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-07-2012, 02:17 AM   #21
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad
Re: What's with lowballers ?!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
This. I hate making offers. Tell me what you want up front so I know if you overvalue your stuff or not. Even if it's just a benchmark price to start at. I very rarely bother with sellers who don't list prices.
I'm like this too, and the only time I'll generally approach people not listing a price is if they're my friends or something (in which case I'll either buy from them at a fair price or get it cheaper elsewhere) or if its something really random that honestly can't be found with a price, at least not where I'm wanting to buy from such as from the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:36 AM   #22
Megatrons Cannon
Only Cares about G1!!!
Megatrons Cannon's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post

"How much do you want to pay me for my MP-12 Lambor"

I will pay $2.00 USD and you pay the shipping to Ottawa.

My Feedback Thread
Megatrons Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:53 AM   #23
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Ever since I put stuff on kiji, I get emails all the time with people being like

I'll give you 5 bucks what's shipping to fort erie

for an item at 10 bucks. Though that isn't a huge amount, but for this listed item you are getting 5 OUT OF PRINT mangas with dust jackets, excellent condition since I read them once and they became shelf warmers and I need space so I'm getting rid of them. They retail at 13 bucks each but I'm selling the whole thing for 10 bucks.

It isn't just manga too. Its happened with figures alot too. And their so rude when they say it. It's like you are here for them. felt like I was working retail again

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:54 AM   #24
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
$40 for a loose Skids is WAY too much.
Agreed.

An offer from a buyer for 20$-25$ just gives him leeway to get almost exactly just like your price of 40$ gives you a leeway down until 30$. Just as your offer is feeling it's way to a sale, the buyer will also feel his/her way into making an actual transaction. Neither will give out their real transaction price right off the bat.

If either one feels insulted and/or needs to insult the other, that just says a lot...

edit: What irks me:

" Yup that's the going price. *On ebay* I check my prices. "

Good luck on selling it on ebay then.

Last edited by Buhawi; 10-07-2012 at 06:15 AM.
Buhawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:16 AM   #25
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrilla 88 View Post
Ya, I agree completely. Another thing that pisses me off is when a seller doesn't list a price or says "give me an offer". It would save us both time if they just gave a damn price.
this. 9 times out of 10 their price is way over going rate, prices or no deal

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #26
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot_Lancer View Post
So recently I have been trying to sell off some of my collection. It's been kinda frustrating as my prices are below what they're going for on online stores and eBay yet the only offers people give me are half of what I'm asking. When I counter offer they don't want it or I get told they won't pay more then $xx.

For example I have HA skids complete with instructions fs I'm asking $40 which I feel is reasonable considering he's going for $50+ on eBay and then shipping on top of that, any ways a guy offered me $20 I said I'd go as low as $35. I got told to fuck off he's worth $20.

Sorry for the rant I'm just annoyed at low ball offerers and people being rude if you counter offer. Has any one else had this problem latley?

While I agree places like Kijiji are frustrating at times, you have to understand that it is a service like the old newspaper classifieds. People are going there NOT to pay full, or even asking price. I see lots of items on Kijiji I would like to get, but they are asking retail or higher. Sorry, but that is not why I go to Kijiji, I want a great deal. I do agree with others about the "please contact". Put a price, and if you aren't getting interest? Then it is too high.

Secondly, which HA Skids are you talking about? I did a quick search on Ebay, including completed auctions, and the range varies quite a bit. It seems to fall somewhere in the $20-$30 range for loose and MISB. Yes some went higher, but if you use that logic, what about the ones that sold lower?

Also, using Ebay is a good gauge of value, but it is by no means the be all and end all. Also, for me personally, if you start quoting online stores as a source for value then I know you are asking too much because they are skewed to higher prices in general.

Last edited by canprime; 10-07-2012 at 06:56 AM.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:04 AM   #27
justprime
Animated

Firstly if you are going to put "make an offer" have a starting price so as not to be insulted only makes sence to let others know what price range you are looking at,... I personaly don't even bother to contact seller's Here or on other boards if they list that way even if I am looking for the piece , if your to lazy to list a price then I am too lazy to chase you to get the price and then dicker... something I rarely do any ways,... which brings me to the second part wtf is with you people that think we as collectors are going to let our pieces (especially G1) go for not,...we do understand that we all want a deal but there is a difference between being cheap/insulting and trying to save a buck or two, be it new or old we all know the value via the web or other collecters what a fair market value is I constantly see the scribblings of the super cheap trying to shaft another collector and then being pissed off due to the fact that he knows the value of the piece in question and refuses to sell,.. grow up and accept that things sometimes cost what they cost and be prepared to pay fair value I also understand that there are collectors/scalpers/ just bot flippers,.. etc that think there pieces are worth gold (there are many) and that won't change so I just don't hand over my cash,... here is one personal for instance,.. A few years back I was selling a(at TFcon) G1 mail in op in the foam complete acc/paperwork still bagged for 120.00.... a buyer
came up and started to rant about the price after listeng to him for a moment or so I politly told him that the price if anything was low that the Ko was going for between 90.00 and 100.00 and if he was not happy buying an original he best search out a KO....one other thing to note...there is always another buyer be patient if your price is fair it will sell.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #28
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Well all I can really add is that since I started downsizing I haven't had many lowballs. But I did mention it in my listing, if I want X for an item than offering me 25% of that isn't really anything but..

But it's the Canada Post shipping most people don't seem to understand. They aren't cheap. I can ship the same box from NB to almost BC for the same price as NB to Quebec.

I had a fair number of deals at this point go sour over the shipping. If you live in Canada you have to know that you aren't really going to be able to pay much less than $14 or $15 for a box shipped.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #29
pud333
Animated

When I make an offer, I always put myself in the seller's shoes: What offer would I take? Unfortunately, a lot of people don't do that. If you had put Skids up for $30, the guy would have come back with $15. I don't even respond when people make an insulting offer.

What I also hate is when I quote a shipping price and the guy comes back, "That's too expensive." Hello? Have you seen Canadapost's prices?

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #30
lars573
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot_Lancer View Post
Going price for a loose HA skids is $40, I felt a counter offer of $30 was more then reasonable, Being told to fuck off wasn't. I do my research before deciding on a price and I mostly use the boards as my main reference point, for what I don't find on here I go to ebay
Why would anyone pay $40 for a loose Skids when you can get the DOTM one for $20? The actual going rate for a loose HA is $20-$30. If you want the ebay rate, put it on ebay. If you don't you gotta realize that chop off a quarter to a third off of ebay price and your in the ball park.

Also given the prevalence of pawn shows now, the intital ask is assumed to be 25% more than what it's worth. So they hit you with an offer of 25% less then what it's assumed worth is.

Last edited by lars573; 10-07-2012 at 01:05 PM.
lars573 is offline   Reply With Quote