Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-22-2011, 08:35 AM   #1
Gaetznes
Cassetticon
MP-10 Rumor Mill, how do you feel about it?

So of late there's obviously has been a lot of talk about MP-10. Our hope, dreams etc, of what we want it to be. So the little tidbits have been tricling down on seibertron the last two days or so. All the rumors there have been pointing to one thing, a new distinict mold of Optimus Prime.

My feelings on the matter are as followed. However, much I enjoy OP, I do believe he desirves a break. I was hoping for say a Galvatron or more so a Soundwave. Atleast with soundwave, I'd hope shortly after takara would do a soundblaster. Those are my current feelings, but hey, once the first pictures show up, I might just change my mind. .... But I still want soundwave Masterpieced UP one of these days.

Now back to what the rumors were. The follow up is it's suppost to be more G1 Cartoon. With a correct head and trailer added to all its glory.

So anyone excited or feeling let down, that hastak maybe releasing a new mold of OP. They just finished telling us that the MP-01 Mold is being retired. Starting to rant, just feeling cheated of a potential new character.

But what ever, everyone just express whats on your minds.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:36 AM   #2
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: MP-10 Rumor Mill, how do you feel about it?

I would be disapointed quite frankly. New Mold or not how many more Optimus' do I or anyone else need from a masterpiece standpoint. As far as being more cartoon accurate, is roller going to be in the trailer? And if this new mold is supposed to be smaller than the MP-01/04 do I really want to drop $250 plus shipping for him when MP-04 cost me much less and there was no shipping. I just can't do it. I say give me Galvatron with a transparent Megatron and I'll be happy (with the mold, I'll debate on the price later)
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

I would also be greatly disappointed. I would not be interested in another OP mold, no matter how much "better" it is. Especially since I already bought a Masterpiece Optimus with Trailer.

Essentially, by making a "better" product, I feel like they're trying to get my money twice, and I won't give them that satisfaction.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:00 AM   #4
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
I would also be greatly disappointed. I would not be interested in another OP mold, no matter how much "better" it is. Especially since I already bought a Masterpiece Optimus with Trailer.

Essentially, by making a "better" product, I feel like they're trying to get my money twice, and I won't give them that satisfaction.
I agree. When I read the anonymous sources info over at seibertron that it was just going to be another OP, I was disappointed.

For that much money, and it's just another flavour of OP. Especially when they just released one again.. He needs a break.

Hopefully they're pulling a fast one, and will surprise everyone this summer when official info comes out =)

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #5
max99d
Robot in Disguise

So much for the last convoy.
Prime rocks, but let's focus on another figure.
Shockwave, Soundwave, Galvatron, or the other conehead seekers.
max99d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #6
Nullray
IGC

I feel kinda cheated at the moment because of their initial marketing campaign. The sound base was a highly anticipated item that was going to reveal the next MP. They had voice actor onboard... etc... etc.... Why am I awaiting TT to disclose the new release and put up a pre-order for something I don't know what it is. It might be this and might be that. It is all speculation as it had been since I can remember. I really enjoy the MP line but feel a sense of discontent. MP-04s came out and it was supposedly limited to 2000 pieces and that was changed. Retiring the line would reinforce that line limited run. If they are going to just re-release an MP-04L mold with minor variants I will pass. Maybe they will release a sound unit with it that will reveal MP-11 and won't tell us anyways... Talk about a buzz kill.
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:52 AM   #7
lars573
Energon

I'm shocked that people are surprised that Optimus gets butt loads of variants.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:56 AM   #8
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

Its not that we are shocked, I think its more about it being annoying. Lets all face it, Hastak make a but load of money off of OP. However, we would like to see something other then OP when it comes to the MP series. Just counting in my head , I can think of atleast seven variants in the MP series including NA editions.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:45 AM   #9
lars573
Energon

Yeah but Prime (Optimus or Rodimus)=sales. Cons=no sale. It's pretty simple math.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:00 PM   #10
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

Im going to have to say that i'm the exception, I"m all about the Decepticons. However, I do agree with your statement about the Primes.