Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-02-2016, 07:18 AM   #11
Oreobuilder
Cybertron
Re: BBTS

I use BBtS regularly and always end up paying fees. For MPs, I now use HLJ.com almost exclusively and have only ever been hit with fees once and that was for a huge box (MP UM + MP Shockwave + MP Hot Rod). The only exceptions are exclusives that Japanese sites don't carry.

In your case, I would go HLJ:

http://hlj.com/product/TKT39840

Just my 2cents.

OB
Oreobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:38 AM   #12
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreobuilder View Post
I use BBtS regularly and always end up paying fees. For MPs, I now use HLJ.com almost exclusively and have only ever been hit with fees once and that was for a huge box (MP UM + MP Shockwave + MP Hot Rod). The only exceptions are exclusives that Japanese sites don't carry.

In your case, I would go HLJ:

http://hlj.com/product/TKT39840

Just my 2cents.

OB
I used HLJ and once was charged $20 for $100 value's toys, it was MP cars.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 11:38 AM   #13
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

I've noticed that in more recent times I got hit more and more..I think once upon a time they were not so noticed and their parcels slipped through but lately when they ship they seem to really make their packages pop out a little with the BBTS logo ect being on them..Everytime I order from them I get dinged at the post office.
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 01:40 PM   #14
Megatron75
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
Ship by United States Postal Service (USPO). Fees get charged by Canada Post on delivery.

Under $50 CANADIAN (don't forget to convert it) for the items (before shipping) and you have a good chance of getting charged no fees.

$50-$100 CANADIAN item(s) and it's a dice roll as to whether you get hit with fees.

Over $100 Cdn item(s) and you'll almost certainly get hit.

Here's the Canada Post fees in Ontario:

13% of item value in cdn dollars for the hst
+ $10 cdn processing fee

Examples:

$30 usd figure, plus $13 usd for USPO shipping
- you pay BBTS $43 usd
- Canada Post delivers it, likely no additional charges

$120 usd figure, plus $18 usd for USPO shipping
- you pay BBTS the $138 usd
- Canada Post delivers it asking for an extra $30.41 cdn
(You can pay cash or credit card to the postal carrier, or they can take it to the post office and you pay/pickup there)

Where did that $30.41 come from?
* item cost converted to cdn $ = $157 cdn (note they don't care what you paid fo shipping over that)
* 13% of $157 cdn = $20.41 cdn
* add the $10 cdn fee
= $30.41 cdn
You really know your stuff.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 11:18 PM   #15
Zenith27
Woodward's G1 lurker

I buy from them once in awhile but get stuff shipped to the border and go pick it up. Better deal that way but you'd need a vehicle or ride down there to get stuff. Border only really worries if you're over $200-$250 in value.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:27 AM   #16
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

I have never paid a cent for the $10 CBSA custom clearance fees and the HST for anything under or around $100Cadn that were shipped to me from BBTS (or any company and individual) by postal services, i.e. USPS -> CanadaPost. Beyond that is a crapshot but it is extremely likely CBSA slap the fees and HST on any BBTS package with contents worth more than $100Cadn. The reason why I said anything over $100 is a crapshot is because I have had received shipments from BBTS or other entities that are worth way more than $100 w/o paying any HST.

Like others have mentioned do not use UPS or FedEx because they will collect HST for the government (plus any service charge applicable depending on the tier of service you are using) no matter how much the item(s) cost.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately

Last edited by QuadESL63; 10-03-2016 at 04:30 AM.
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:40 AM   #17
Gaudreau
Generation 1

I ordered a ton from them before but yeah, the customs fees over and above suck. To be fair, it's actually cheaper to use Robot Kingdom or Chimungmung

At RK, I ordered my Planet X Grimlock and with the most expensive shipping option, it was still cheaper than BBTS regular mail. On top of that, I don't pay any customs and Asian sellers usually mark the item down so you can save some dough

As Canadian buyers, I'd only recommend using BBTS or TF source as a last resort. The cheapest is going to be the Chinese sellers for the Japanese imports even with the shipping as the mark-ups aren't nearly as high.

Unless you know a local seller who gets stuff for cheap, I'd recommend both robot kingdom, chimungmung, or hlj over the American sellers and even A3U.

I like A3U, but they charge in US prices as well and it was still more expensive for me

My Sales Thread
Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 02:16 PM   #18
Brawn84
Machine War

So if I ordered something from Bbts that cost $230 U.S. with $20 Us shipping, how much would I expect to pay in customs and other fees?
Brawn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 02:44 PM   #19
python
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawn84 View Post
So if I ordered something from Bbts that cost $230 U.S. with $20 Us shipping, how much would I expect to pay in customs and other fees?
$50-60 CAD
python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 03:00 PM   #20
Chigimus
Masterpiece

That sounds about right. After conversion, add your province's taxes on top, that's around $46 + another $10 for custom's fees.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote