Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-09-2020, 08:51 AM   #21
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: The Advent Of The Primes

The Thirteenth Prime—In the Aligned continuity family, the Thirteenth Prime was Optimus Prime, mediator of the Primes, who united the Thirteen by being the first among them to raise an arm in greeting. He would subsequently be reincarnated as Orion Pax. In the 2005 IDW continuity, the name of the mysterious thirteenth member of the group was not recorded in history, being only known as "the Arisen"; the Mistress of Flame believes he is Optimus Prime.

So, this is a strange one, sort of. I wasn’t going to buy this but when I found it on sale I couldn’t help myself. He looked more like Star Convoy then he did Optimus Prime (to me anyway) so I decided to customize him a bit (not knowing that Hasbro was actually going to do an official one). I took shots years ago of him and none since because he can’t transform anymore. I knew that then but never considered it a real issue since I would display him in bot mode anyway. I’ll post new pics of the bot mode eventually but what you see for the vehicle will be the old ones since the treads are crazy glued in place but this will serve as The Thirteenth for me.

wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 08:42 AM   #22
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Ratchet TF Prime Cyberverse

At one point I was buying everything in the TF Prime line regardless of class, price point etc. At some point I decided to sell most of the cyberverse stuff (figures, playsets etc.) as I didn’t see the point in keeping it. Now for this particular endeavour I did actually have to buy one back so we shall see how he turns out tomorrow and who he shall become.

Shot 6/22/2020.

Old 12-12-2020, 09:36 AM   #23
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Micronus Prime—The conscience of the Thirteen, and the first Mini-Con, able to link up with and enhance the power of his siblings through the use of his Chimera Stone; responsible for creating the alternate dimension of Microspace.

I originally selected the Kranix figure from Unicron for him but decided against it. Later I found the Rumble/Ratbat set from Siege but only wanted Ratbat since I had the Perfect Effect Frenzy Rumble set so I threw him into my custom box so when the time came I would use it. Hasbro releases the Spy Patrol set #3 and now I need to keep the Rumble (or Frenzy) from it so what am I going to do now? I started looking at images of Micronus and the version that they use in RID 2015 looks like a leprechaun Ratchet so I started looking for Ratchets or images of him anyway. I thought about the RID 2015 toy but it was too big and then I remembered the TF Prime cyberverse version and it would be the perfect size, pretty damn close looks wise so next mission was to find it. I got lucky as I found one on Kijiji that wasn’t ridiculously expensive and picked him up and here is the result.

Old 12-12-2020, 09:36 AM   #24
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Bulkhead Beast Hunters

I honestly don’t like the Beast Hunter retools/reforms of the Bots and Cons in this line. I honestly thought it pointless and wouldn’t pick up any of these things and if I was going to tear this thing up I would never have touched it. The arm articulation is just brutal and why step him down to a deluxe for a one off mold? It’s not like they used it for another character (or at least I don’t think so). Anyway I have no clue where the axe came from but since the legends class had one that was similar, figured I’d try it out with this guy. Also pretty sure I screwed up the alt mode but seeing how the shots are 5 months old I’m not redoing them now lol. Well as it is say good-bye to Bulkhead and hello to…..

Shot 6/26/2020.

Old 12-12-2020, 11:01 AM   #25
DuG
Titanium

Nice job on the customs! I’m really enjoying seeing your creative ideas. Thanks for doing another project to keep us all entertained and interested each year.
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 11:55 AM   #26
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuG View Post
Nice job on the customs! I’m really enjoying seeing your creative ideas. Thanks for doing another project to keep us all entertained and interested each year.
Thanks much appreciated
Old 12-13-2020, 12:04 PM   #27
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Alchemist Prime—Student of the elemental structure of the natural world, aided in this by his Lenses, which allowed him to see further and deeper than anyone, in both material and spiritual senses; fond of the occasional tipple, with some claiming that he still walks Cybertron in the form of a humble bartender.

TLK Hound was on clearance at Toys R Us for $21 so I picked it up. After talking to a few friends, one of them said it wasn’t close enough so I put it down. He made a suggestion about using BH Bulkhead instead and I think it worked out better from a body perspective. Kinda sucked getting him prepped though. I decided to try a wet sand as the figures I had done previous to him was done with sandpaper with too coarse of a grit. When I had finished a small part of his shoulder assembly went down the drain so I had to try and find another figure so I could replace the shoulder. Fortunately I did find one so no harm no foul so to speak. The colour I choose was pretty good but it was to “clean” so I purchased a blackwash solution. Looks better but it didn’t give me the detail I was expecting it to but all in all I’m not gonna complain since I think it came out decently enough.

Old 12-14-2020, 07:50 AM   #28
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Nitro Zeus TLK

Love his look in both modes but as with a lot from the TLK line I wish for more articulation. Originally, I was going to get the KO one but unfortunately it took a shelf dive a couple days before I was going to purchase it so I got this one instead, which is fine for the purpose it ultimately serves. The head swapping gimmick is ok but I swore I had Megs face and forgot mini Megs was for Galvatron (a figure that I despise almost as much as AOE Galvatron) but anyway the unpainted head looks good too. TTYT

Shot 6/24/2020.

Old 12-15-2020, 07:28 AM   #29
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Nexus Prime—The first and greatest combiner, granted the ability to divide himself into separate forms by his Enigma of Combination. Unpredictable, fascinated by change, and a lighthearted prankster.

Well this is one of those “damn I’m not spending that kind of money” things. There is an official toy of him but far too expensive since it is a BotCon figure. I could have tried to find a toy he was based off and repaint that but TBH I don’t wanna. Painting one figure is hard enough but having to do 5 and then make them match up in combined mode was more work that I wanted to put in. When I was looking through the Covenant of Primus, the picture they have for Nexus looks vastly different from the BotCon toy. He looks similar to a jet so I decided on Nitro Zeus. Technically, a headmaster can sorta be a combiner, so at least he still has that element going for him.

This was actually the first figure I tried to do a black wash on and I was more impressed with him then the Bulkhead. I think because this guy had a lot more smaller details they seem to pop a bit more.

Old 12-16-2020, 07:55 AM   #30
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Sentinel Prime DOTM Leader Class

Way back when Bayverse flooded the shelves I was buying them but after a while I grew tired of the aesthetic of them and sold almost every single one of them including this guy. When the time came for me to start making the 13 Primes I decided to use this as the basis so fortunately a good friend had one for sale. When I did this shoot I remembered how good he looked but also how much he sucks as a figure so I did the best I could with it.

Tomorrow you will see who I used him for and what it looks like. Feel free to take a guess who he becomes.

Shot 6/23/2020.