Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you think pricing should be mandatory on all B/S/T threads??
Yes 32 72.73%
No 12 27.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2014, 12:12 PM   #21
Wheeljack Off
Banned
Wheeljack Off's Ebay Auctions
Re: BST Pricing SHOULD be mandatory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobotz24 View Post
In my car club we had this same problem with people not posting prices and users getting flamed for high prices. What we did was made it mandatory for prices to be shown and only the user that started the thread can make posts. If someone had a question they would have to use PMs.
Also, a minimum of 10 useful posts would have to be made by users before they got access to the buy & sell section. This was to prevent trolls and random people from selling useless crap
This.

It's honestly so easy if the site wants it to be.

The poll is a pretty strong indication of the general consensus, though would like to see a larger sampling.

Might have to repost this poll in a more visible thread.

Last edited by Wheeljack Off; 11-16-2014 at 12:15 PM.
Wheeljack Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:11 PM   #22
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmick01 View Post
You know there could be such a thing as the seller doesn't know what they want/what the item is actually worth. Maybe they're hoping someone would offer them a fair price. You never know.
They can't hope for a fair price if they don't know what it's worth or what they want for it.

Everyone who posts stuff for sale have an idea of what they'd like to get paid.

Like a lot of others, even if I'm interested in a lot of stuff from someone's sales thread, if they don't have prices I don't bother messaging them. I do still look at the lists which adds to my frustration (I can't help but look )....
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:36 PM   #23
jtkv
Robot Master

I prefer prices included, but if I want an item bad enough, I will email the seller and either ask for the price or make an offer.
Otherwise, I will move on to the next ad..
So I don't feel mandatory pricing is needed, but is helpful..

But what bugs me even more are the listings that include SOLD items that are listed along with all other available items.. such a pain to look thru.... either just delete the sold items, or group them at the bottom.. it's simple to do and makes the listing look much better.
For Sale List thread
jtkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 05:31 PM   #24
Pascal
Banned

You guys haven't been on Rangerboard... There, you have to post pictures of EVERY SINGLE ITEM with your name on a piece of paper. So annoying... But yes, pricing should be mandatory. I only have one "make an offer" item and it's been on sale forever. Ha!
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 12:44 AM   #25
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Personally, I don't really care if prices aren't listed. Takes 2 seconds to send a PM to express your interest. As if we didn't come here to click some buttons anyways lol

Plus by initiating the contact it may give me an idea if the seller is a douche or might be willing to negotiate. If I find they provide a friendly response in a timely manner, I may use them again or recommend them to a friend or even give a positive feedback. If I get a bad vibe from their response, I move along to the next ad.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:52 PM   #26
Pascal
Banned

Takes 2 seconds to PM your interest, but then you have to wait for a reply before moving on when you could have already decided if you wanted the item or not with a price listed. It's a waste of time for both parties (buyer has to wait for a reply, seller has to reply to each and every request). People not listing prices look like they're hoping to trick their buyers, hoping they'll offer more money than anticipated for a given item.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:39 PM   #27
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Turning this around a bit. If sellers have to list prices, should buyers be forbidden to negotiate? What's listed is listed. The price is the price.

I mean, the price is listed, so why should a seller waste their time responding people who may or may not be serious about buying, or who can't be bothered to read the seller's whole post?

Some people who have local sales only threads get out of town people asking about an item. Or trade only threads getting dollar offers when the person only want's to trade.

Should there be a penalty for this type of thing too?
Old 11-20-2014, 04:49 PM   #28
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

All good points. I'd rather have clear images than prices.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:04 PM   #29
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Turning this around a bit. If sellers have to list prices, should buyers be forbidden to negotiate? What's listed is listed. The price is the price.

I mean, the price is listed, so why should a seller waste their time responding people who may or may not be serious about buying, or who can't be bothered to read the seller's whole post?

Some people who have local sales only threads get out of town people asking about an item. Or trade only threads getting dollar offers when the person only want's to trade.

Should there be a penalty for this type of thing too?
It's not so much about "penalties", and more of just saving everyone time.

If a price is listed, then a buyer has an idea of the ballpark number that the seller is looking for. Whether or not that can be negotiated (ie, presumably if the buyer is purchasing multiple items) is outside of that scope. It just saves time on unnecessary back-and-forth and waiting.

While I do think it's somewhat stupid most of the time, I personally don't think there's any problems with out-of-towners inquiring in local-only sales. I'd do it myself if the seller listed something pretty uncommon/rare that I needed, and I'd definitely try to make it worthwhile for them. Admittedly, this ends up kinda stupid when it's all mass-retail toys in question.

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:40 PM   #30
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
why should a seller waste their time responding people who may or may not be serious about buying, or who can't be bothered to read the seller's whole post?
You do realize that you avoid a whole bunch of unnecessary replies just by listing your prices? All the people who think your prices are too high won't PM you. Time saved. If you don't list your prices, you'll get PMs from both lowballers and people truly potentially interested.