Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-28-2017, 03:00 PM   #101
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: TF5 Transformers The Last Knight discussion (spoilers inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
When I went to see the movie on opening night, the 6:45pm showing had maybe 20 people. Same for the 9.55pm showing. I went again with my son tonight (6.45pm showing): it was packed! From kids to folks over 60. Heck, the whole D-Box row in front of us was almost all people over 50. lol People seemed to have a good time, people laughed often and I overheard quite a few people saying they had a blast.
Youtuber Raging Nation has done a poll about the film. Obviously his followers are mostly Transformers fans, not a more casual audience.

Last I checked, after 1000 votes on twitter, some like 75% of voters rated the film "good" and "awesome".

North American box office speaks for itself right now, but I don't think the hate of the film is as large as the internet suggests.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 04:06 AM   #102
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Just saw it.
What are you guys talking about????
It was better than all 4 movies combined.
And what did you expect to tell a boring story like g1.
All those decepticons and autobots ever did was fight over resources.
At least at the end unicron is not dead.
It was awesome.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:53 AM   #103
steamwhistle
Crossover

Yay.
I had always wondered what happened to Mikaela's scooter from TF-2007.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	36973  
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 11:29 AM   #104
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast

I saw the movie yesterday (Happy Birthday Canada!).

I thought that it was exactly as advertised: Giant robots fight other giant robots fighting humans fighting still other humans and giant robots.

So there were no surprises to be had (production-wise) this is what you get from a Bay-movie. The acting made me cringe slightly less in this one, which has nothing to do with Bay, really.

I will say that I like "Noble" Prime more than "murderous rage monster" Prime, and I do prefer less human, and more transformer characterization in my transformers fiction (they are currently little more than a plot device in these movies), but that's not the world we live in.

So bottom line: Go see it, it's a fine action movie.
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 11:30 PM   #105
JLvatron
Chosen 1

I liked this movie, certainly in my top 2 Bayformers.
Given all the ridiculous flaws of these movies, we know the movie will have way too many human scenes.
So it was nice that the main 3 humans were actually likeable for once, instead of the idiot jerks we've had in past movies.

Vivian was my favorite female lead of the series, and I really liked Sir Anthony and Cogman! They stole the show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot22 View Post
Bee putting himself back together while cool it's not right..
Keep in mind, 'parts-forming' has always been Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg's understanding of what Transforming means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
I'm guessing cade yager put some transformium into bumblebee. Just like the tucci' s character made transformers in Aoe.
Cool explanation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
Why is Walburg the Last Knight when all he does is stop the knights from killing Optimus and literally only that. Like...does he have an even higher purpose? I mean, the Primes sent Sam back to reignite Primes spark with the Matrix, why isn't he a knight? I mean, I wasn't expecting him to battle bots with swords, but he just stopped one.
I think most of MarkyMark's Last-knighting was getting the Key Vivan (or whatever she was dubbed) to the staff.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:09 AM   #106
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by there_is_a_martens View Post
That said, I thought the cast was the best of any of the movies, and the last act was breathtaking. It wasn't "high art", but it was lots of fun.
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
I've read almost a dozen comments along the lines of "disappointing once again."

If... The past couple movies weren't good, why did you go?
Yah, why re people surprised about the poor characterization, overt militarying, cheap humour, and lack of robot scenes?
Every Bayformers film has been that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
I was under the impression it would be different this time. Paramount hired an oscar winning writer to be the head of a writer's room which had lots of talent, including Robert Kirkman. It was a totally new screenwriters and the amrketting even highlighted Decepticons which it never does.
Recall TF4' marketing was all about Dinobots. And look how little they were in it.

Further recall writers Orci & Kurtzman, who were acclaimed for writing awesome Alias plus earlier Xmen & StarTrek movies.
Their great skills obviously didn't shine in TF 1&2.

Plus remember the ridiculous scene from TF1 where the Autobots wreck up Sam's backyard, acting goofy, turn off their brains, and unstealthily wake up SAMs parents?
there was a Botcon interview with some Hasbro VP, who described that very scene as "the essence of Transformers."
Seriously.
There was no evidence he was joking.

So No matter the 'writing team' nor marketeers, the director is still Michael Bay, and clueless Hasbro execs are his enablers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 12th Prime View Post
Anyone else notice there was not a lot of transforming in this movie?
Yup! For a Bay movie, I still noticed the lack of:
-Optimus Prime
-Decepticons - they wer even established at the beginning, and still, they disappeared for much of the film!
-Transforming -I knew Prime never Transforms on screen, but generally, this seemed low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
I think I only laughed/grinned thrice, once when Hopkins called Walberg a "Dude" or something to that affect, Cog-man tackling and breaking the green bots finger and when Cog-man made sushi.
Cogman was great, and he shoulda torn that green bot's Head off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
They should partner up with Marvel Studios to help them out with a script.
See my above reasons why that wouldn't change much as long as Michael Bay still directs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
I also liked Shia LeBoeuf's "cameo", decked out with a yellow hard hat, rolled up sleeves, yellow gum boots, and "Spike" name tag screaming "Doo iiiit!!!" while Whalberg inexplicably Marky Marked.

Oh ya...and I think I spotted Megan Fox in an SS uniform during the sneak attack on the Nazis sequence.
TeeHee-ous!
And isn't that what got Megan fired by Spielberg in the first place?

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:38 AM   #107
protoform_ironhide
Commander

TF5, Transformers the Last Knight, is just not great... It feels like they are not even trying. This is the worst movie out of the 5 in my opinion. It comes to my mind that the movie is just there for money grab as I was walking out of the theater(which I am okay from the past 4 movie, but not this time). First, the Transformers get a lot less scene compare to the last couple movies. Second, Megatron's minions died too quickly... I don't see the point to introduce us their names when they died within couple seconds, basically they made most of the Decepticons pathetic as they can't even make any damage to the autobots. Third, they try so hard to be humorous, but sorry...it's not funny at all 99% of the time. Also, Bumblebee turned into a partsformer just feels none-sense and underwhelming. Maybe Jazz should've do the same when Megatron tried to tear him apart in the first movie. And Ratchet should've done the same last movie. I don't know...maybe Bumblebee is invincible. I don't find Optimus cool anymore when he sliced his enemies' head in half, it's just same old move that I am not impressed at all.. I am not even looking forward to the next movie to be honest at this point.

Anyways, the list goes on and on. If you don't want to waste time reading the above comment, just read this part. Overall, it's just not exciting at all... Very likely they will not get my money on their next movie. I give this movie 1/5. Just wait for DVD or better yet, wait for the release on Netflix if you are bored and wanted something to watch. You probably won't even want to spend money on the DVD. I might be a little harsh on my review or summary, but really... go watch something else..

Last edited by protoform_ironhide; 07-03-2017 at 12:41 AM.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:14 AM   #108
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Saw it today and I would give it a 5-6/10 Like many prior comments it felt too focused on the humans and most of the bots had very little screen time and disappeared throughout the movie.

they could have done more character development on the bots, quintessa etc. And really there was no real epic autobot vs decepticon battle.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:47 PM   #109
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post

What is the name of the WW1 tank that transforms in England?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I think he got named by Hopkins, I just can't remember what the name was.
I watched it again today for the second time, being less tired, so I paid more attention this time around. Neway I'm pretty sure the tanks name is Bulldog. At least that's what is written on the side of it.

I definitely liked it better this time then the 1st time I seen it. Will probably purchase the Blu-ray when it comes out too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
Do the tiny Dinobots have names?
Yes they do have names. Generic ones tho. The little T-Rex is named Tee for short & the little Pterodactyl is Terry. I'm sure the little Triceratops has a name too. Still working on finding out what that is.

Last edited by Xtreme987; 07-04-2017 at 04:27 PM.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 09:47 PM   #110
Deception
Crossover

nitro zeus!!! fav new bayformer!!!
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote