Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 11-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #21
roballan
Machine War
Re: ShelfLife.net: COLLECTOR WARS: Win MP Soundwave/G1 Bruticus or $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
If you just got it, it might not be updated yet, takes 4 hours roughly
It's been stuck that way a while. My stats and banner say level 3, but my achievments say I'm a level 4 hoarder.

This might be a user error scenario or maybe there's a difference between my achievement level and my collector level?

I do think this thing is a great idea. I may volunteer as a curator after I'm done with my job this month.

roballan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #22
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustx View Post
3) The PlasticArmyToys pics are necessary in the short term because many were pre-shot and fill gaps in catalogs. If we have to choose between no photo and bad photo, we'll take bad. As curators, you can choose to keep these photos out of the primary gallery to manicure your work, and the user in question has been asked not to upload further photos of that type to be fair to the other vendors who won't be given the chance to do the same.

Cheers

James
Just to clarify when I mentioned "company" on photos I didn't mean those. I meant more like things that are "stamped" on photos. I apologize if anyone thought I meant him/her/they.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #23
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Just to clarify when I mentioned "company" on photos I didn't mean those. I meant more like things that are "stamped" on photos. I apologize if anyone thought I meant him/her/they.
Aha, so you mean photos that are watermarked and have been lifted from somewhere they shouldn't be. In which case, simply flag the photo from the product page using the flagging button and we'll review it.

James

faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #24
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

^^ Exactly, the term watermarked had escaped me when I had wrote that
Old 11-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #25
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

These point totals seems sketchy to me. Contest announced and suddenly people have almost 600 wants. Yea......
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #26
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Is there anyway we can remove the wants from the point total but just stick with the haves? I am sure the haves can be accounted for. I am sure everyone will "want" items but then question then becomes when and what people have to spend. Just a thought.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:07 AM   #27
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Points are being carefully manicured, limited, investigated, etc all the time. This is the first of many seasons of Collector Wars and we'll be refining as we go. For now, your best bet is simply to act normally and do things to help the site grow. Abnormal levels of anything will put your points at risk, and we won't reveal exact levels because we want to encourage honest activity and reduce gaming of the system.

Several top 20 point leaders have done a ton of valuable work for the site since we started and we're proud to see overall real activity soaring.

Stick with it folks...the monthly prizes are just the beginning. Your 90 day rolling average is designed to be far more valuable as we move ahead. Think access to exclusives.

James

faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #28
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roballan View Post
It's been stuck that way a while. My stats and banner say level 3, but my achievments say I'm a level 4 hoarder.

This might be a user error scenario or maybe there's a difference between my achievement level and my collector level?

I do think this thing is a great idea. I may volunteer as a curator after I'm done with my job this month.
Hey roballan. With 59 Haves, you're a Level 4 Hoarder. Overall, you're at Collector Level 3, because the Collector Level takes many things into account, including your Hoarder level.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #29
roballan
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickh View Post
Hey roballan. With 59 Haves, you're a Level 4 Hoarder. Overall, you're at Collector Level 3, because the Collector Level takes many things into account, including your Hoarder level.
Thanks so much- wasn't trying to be a bonehead, I thought they were supposed to be the same thing! I guess I'll just keep ramping up as more GI Joe stuff gets added!

roballan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:20 PM   #30
hcancrops
Generation 2

Any update on this issue? I seem to be encountering the facebook redirect quite often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Filipino View Post
I noticed one thing while navigating through the site the last few days. On random occasions when clicking on a button, it takes me to facebook. It usually corrects itself after I hit back and try again but it has happened multiple times.

I do have one, probably silly, question: are the main contest prizes simply awarded to the people who have collected the most points during the contest period?
hcancrops is offline   Reply With Quote