Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 12-30-2012, 02:05 AM   #1
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker
Beast Hunters Deluxe Wave 1

Found all 4 today on vacation. Here are my thoughts:

Packaging: 2-3" shorter than the normal Deluxe packaging. Dragon on front with TFP and Beast Hunters in yellow letters. Back has 2 lines for bio. 2 lines pumping weapons. Pic in car and vehicle. Bottom half is normal TFP TV lineup shot. Plastic bubble wraps back in 3 spots. IDW QR code now on back. Bubble cardboard shows vehicle only. Promotes 3 other wave-mates. Tech Specs on side with Robot face and Series #/#.

Instructions: massive 2'x2' square with red, black and white. Substitute with purple or orange depending on faction. Story and weapon detail on left side.

BB: TFP mold dragonized is easiest explanation. The dirt wash they tried is red on yellow and looks horrible to be blunt. 6 missiles with bow and his 2 gray guns may be most weapons ever on a deluxe? Still, I quite like the spiky look and his head mold is different for BB.

WJ: dirt wash is black splotches on white, mostly on car hood. Looks dire again. The red dragon add-on look is weird and doesn't really add to his previous mold. Disk launcher weapon doesn't launch very far.

SW: dirt wash is dark blue on light blue which looks decent. But yellow on SW? Horrible, especially with blue, light blue, purple, grey and black. Launching winch adds little and dragon parts on wing are minor additions at best. Pass or buy on sale if completist.

Lazerback: packed in dragon mode for a reason - it is quite nice. Needs a fatter bubble than the other 3 in this wave.Yellow, red, purple and black works well. The rust on purple for dirt effect is barely noticeable on the feet. Robot mode is stand up, pop chest, and move arms which is disappointing. Missile launcher decent. Rubberized tail may be problematic 10 years from now. Overall decent first offering, which should make easy recolouring for Hasbro.

Last edited by chaingunsofdoom; 12-30-2012 at 02:55 AM.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: Beast Hunters Deluxe Wave 1

I actually like Laserback aside from his rubber tail. As for SW, I would have rather bought a duplicate Prid SW if it came with Ravage than this version. There is a quality difference too, at least on mine.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: Beast Hunters Deluxe Wave 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
SW: dirt wash is dark blue on light blue which looks decent. But yellow on SW? Horrible, especially with blue, light blue, purple, grey and black. Launching winch adds little and dragon parts on wing are minor additions at best. Pass or buy on sale if completist.
Worst part for me on SW is the colours don't match his pic on back as well as ravage. Where did the brown come from on the figure? I bought it only for ravage and promptly sold the soundwave to a coworker 15 seconds after buying it (minus ravage of course)
wervenom is online now   Reply With Quote