Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: Whic Optimus Prime combo is your favourite?
RID Omega Prime 38 58.46%
Armada Optimus, Jetfire, Overload all Together 2 3.08%
Energon Optimus & Wing saber powerlink (Wing mode) 3 4.62%
Energon Optimus & Wing saber powerlink (Muscle mode) 3 4.62%
Energon Omega Optimus supreme 3 4.62%
Cybertron Sonic Wing mode 15 23.08%
Cybertron Savage Claw mode 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2009, 02:05 AM   #51
Tumblebug
Machine War
Re: your favourite optimus prime combo

To be honest, I dig the bayfilm combiner prime. I thought it was the better part of that movie and a very baddass looking combo IMO.

But from the list you have here, I would go with RID prime I guess.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:45 PM   #52
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

I have to say that out of all the choices, Omega Prime looks like the most complete figure that doesn't look like he's made of multiple bots. And with some of the extra bits added on, Omega Prime looks like a very imposing samurai-like figure.

Mind you, its basically RiD Prime wearing Ultra Magnus as armour.

Armada Prime, Jetfire and Overload look like a mash-up of figures thrown together. Though impressive, they can't really do much more than stand there in one pose.

Omega Prime does have the same posability problem, but that's due to weight more than flexibility.

Fight and Flight mode E. Optimus Prime are alright, Fight mode looking so much better. If E. Prime had fight mode arms and flight mode feet, it might have been on par with Omega Prime.

Savage Claw mode seems like such an afterthought for Cybertron Prime. I get the direction they were going, but it wasn't executed right.

Sonic Wing Mode Prime is pretty impressive, I have to admit. But I can't picture Decepticons running away screaming as they leak a trail of coolant in sheer panic like they would when presented with Omega Prime and his giant frickin sword and gun.

I always liked having E. Powerlinx Optimus Prime stand up where the head would go rather than the normal combination with E. Omega Supreme. It looks less like its thrown together, and more like Prime's driving a giant robot construct. Plus, what's up with the rear wheel part of Prime sticking out of Omega Supreme's back? It looks really sloppy.

As for E. Prime's regular super mode... It reminds me of that episode of Megas XLR where Coop smashed the robot's hands and feet into the S-Force's Zorps, though less cool. But then Prime having a drilling fist of death is a cool concept. It would have been better if the Scout class Omnicons transformed into gauntlets and boots for E. Prime. The OP units themselves didn't add much.

Last edited by Shepp; 09-28-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:36 PM   #53
Pulverise2
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
I have to say that out of all the choices, Omega Prime looks like the most complete figure that doesn't look like he's made of multiple bots. And with some of the extra bits added on, Omega Prime looks like a very imposing samurai-like figure.

Mind you, its basically RiD Prime wearing Ultra Magnus as armour.

Armada Prime, Jetfire and Overload look like a mash-up of figures thrown together. Though impressive, they can't really do much more than stand there in one pose.

Omega Prime does have the same posability problem, but that's due to weight more than flexibility.

Fight and Flight mode E. Optimus Prime are alright, Fight mode looking so much better. If E. Prime had fight mode arms and flight mode feet, it might have been on par with Omega Prime.

Savage Claw mode seems like such an afterthought for Cybertron Prime. I get the direction they were going, but it wasn't executed right.

Sonic Wing Mode Prime is pretty impressive, I have to admit. But I can't picture Decepticons running away screaming as they leak a trail of coolant in sheer panic like they would when presented with Omega Prime and his giant frickin sword and gun.

I always liked having E. Powerlinx Optimus Prime stand up where the head would go rather than the normal combination with E. Omega Supreme. It looks less like its thrown together, and more like Prime's driving a giant robot construct. Plus, what's up with the rear wheel part of Prime sticking out of Omega Supreme's back? It looks really sloppy.

As for E. Prime's regular super mode... It reminds me of that episode of Megas XLR where Coop smashed the robot's hands and feet into the S-Force's Zorps, though less cool. But then Prime having a drilling fist of death is a cool concept. It would have been better if the Scout class Omnicons transformed into gauntlets and boots for E. Prime. The OP units themselves didn't add much.
dam right
Pulverise2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:02 PM   #54
Pascal
Banned

There are 2 problems with Leobreaker (the rest I can easily forgive, he's a fun brick after all): he's too big for savage claw mode (should have been a deluxe) and his crotch design prevents the legs from being pegged together for a better and more unified arm mode.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:13 PM   #55
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
There are 2 problems with Leobreaker (the rest I can easily forgive, he's a fun brick after all): he's too big for savage claw mode (should have been a deluxe) and his crotch design prevents the legs from being pegged together for a better and more unified arm mode.
I always thought that the toy version of Savage claw mode looked....lame...
Dragon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:04 AM   #56
Pulverise2
Armada

toy version of savage claw mode DOES look lame
Old 09-29-2009, 09:26 AM   #57
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post

Plus, what's up with the rear wheel part of Prime sticking out of Omega Supreme's back? It looks really sloppy.

It would have been better if the Scout class Omnicons transformed into gauntlets and boots for E. Prime. The OP units themselves didn't add much.
Completely agree with most of your post.
Savage Claw really was an afterthought, as it was an "accessory" not a compounding build up.
Plus it was just 1 arm, not the rest of him.

E.Prime Supreme really did look sloppy, That was 1 Prime that generally had little design value.
You have a great idea, He woulda bin better combining with the scout-bots than his OP units.

Very good idea!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:29 PM   #58
Pulverise2
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
Completely agree with most of your post.
Savage Claw really was an afterthought, as it was an "accessory" not a compounding build up.
Plus it was just 1 arm, not the rest of him.

E.Prime Supreme really did look sloppy, That was 1 Prime that generally had little design value.
You have a great idea, He woulda bin better combining with the scout-bots than his OP units.

Very good idea!

i still try to give energon prime some love, you know...icame to figure it out, if you think you like that figure, you will like that figure lol
Old 09-29-2009, 03:52 PM   #59
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulverise2 View Post
i still try to give energon prime some love, you know...icame to figure it out, if you think you like that figure, you will like that figure lol
Actually, those are good words to live by, all Transformers deserve love.

...even terrible ROTF designs!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:15 PM   #60
Pulverise2
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
Actually, those are good words to live by, all Transformers deserve love.

...even terrible ROTF designs!

well i have to admit...i do like the energon prime toy...i dunno why but always liked his 4 vehicles and ofcourse the drill arm lol