Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-27-2021, 06:38 PM   #821
steamwhistle
Crossover
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

sorry to hijack the thread.

links to (currently out of stock) headmasters;

Transformers Generations Toys Deluxe Retro Headmaster Skullcruncher Collectible Action Figure - Adults and Kids Ages 8 and Up, 5.5-inch : www.walmart.ca/ip/6000202243927

Transformers Generations Toys Deluxe Retro Headmaster Highbrow Collectible Action Figure - Adults and Kids Ages 8 and Up, 5.5-inch : www.walmart.ca/ip/6000202241926
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 07:09 PM   #822
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightshadeX View Post
Both would be really annoying.

As for shipping cost I bought a digital kitchen scale and measuring tape and print my labels at home so I know my cost is right. But I would be annoyed at an attempt to scalp after helping out too.

I particularly felt like I should pay it forward since someone on this board picked up from a store and shipped skywarp and thundercracker at no cost to me.
Interested in your guys thoughts on this one...

I bought one off Ebay which ended up costing me $117 CDN. Of course right after I did that I got one thru Walmart.ca for retail. Crap.

Why did I get the second one? Well with Ebay you never know if it will actually show up (it took ~4 weeks to arrive), and back in Dec. that blue button finally showed up after a couple weeks of trying, instinct kicked in and I bought it.

I'm thinking of selling one of them vs. returning it...but what's a fair price? I don't think it's fair to ask $117, but would you agree that letting it go for retail, and risking it getting rescalped isn't great either? I'm stumped...the anti-scalping movement is so strong these days it's almost like you can't ask for more than retail...

PLUS I really want it to go to someone that needs it..i.e. board member....
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 07:33 PM   #823
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Question Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echotransformer View Post
Interested in your guys thoughts on this one...

I bought one off Ebay which ended up costing me $117 CDN. Of course right after I did that I got one thru Walmart.ca for retail. Crap.

Why did I get the second one? Well with Ebay you never know if it will actually show up (it took ~4 weeks to arrive), and back in Dec. that blue button finally showed up after a couple weeks of trying, instinct kicked in and I bought it.

I'm thinking of selling one of them vs. returning it...but what's a fair price? I don't think it's fair to ask $117, but would you agree that letting it go for retail, and risking it getting rescalped isn't great either? I'm stumped...the anti-scalping movement is so strong these days it's almost like you can't ask for more than retail...

PLUS I really want it to go to someone that needs it..i.e. board member....
While I agree that someone turning around and reselling something you sold to them is dirty, to say the least., I have a personal belief on this topic.

If you sell/give something to someone then it is no longer yours so let it go, and let go of any attachment to that item. If you were willing to part with it, you should just move forward.

I mean for most of us it is easy to check out prices on our stuff and know if we are selling at a fair price. So if you sell then let it go and stop concerning yourself with it. Now yes, if someone claims they really want it for their collection and you give them a deal, then they turn around and sell it for a higher price, I would be upset as well.

However if you sell something to someone to "help them out" it is gone, and theirs to do with as they please. I find this mindset has reduced my aggravation at things I see online.

Specifically for you Echotransformer, it is fair to ask what you paid for it, after all you explained it clearly. The question is whether or not anyone will pay that price?
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 07:41 PM   #824
Icetron

Did Elita 1 ever come in stock? (Does it exist? lol)

I have all the other 3 fembots, but this one I probably can't ever find. It's too expensive on eBay.
Old 01-27-2021, 07:49 PM   #825
python
Alternator

If I didn't just get one at $90 shipped I would happily pay $117 ($120) to get it here and done with. There are few figures I will pay "market" value for, but this is/was one of them.
python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:47 PM   #826
patteng
Generation 2

I’m pretty sure the answer is no, but has anyone seen any of the NF wave 2 deluxes online yet? I’ve been checking everyday and I haven’t seen anything yet, just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss them!
patteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 09:30 PM   #827
Wheelwave
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
I am undecided about having him in my collection, but since it's clear you really want it, you can buy mine off me, if you like.
Cost + $6 + shipping, then rounded up to the next even dollar.
Or, is a $7ish markup considered scalping?

(Sorry team, only offering to Wheelwave at this time)
It's all good. I just didn't like being referred to because of the fact of struggling with find Soundwave for par price. Also because I was hoping Soundwave wouldn't go in stock at the time due to that I spent part of my Soundwave budget. I thank you for your offer though. Maybe it's best you keep your's.

Nothing
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 09:38 PM   #828
Grayfox
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
So, just out of curiosity, do any of you know approx. when they update their website?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvu View Post
it's really random. there's been restocks at 5, 7 and 10 am as well as 12, 2, and 4 pm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteng View Post
I’m pretty sure the answer is no, but has anyone seen any of the NF wave 2 deluxes online yet? I’ve been checking everyday and I haven’t seen anything yet, just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss them!
Been checking several times a day and never seen them available once, unfortunately.
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 10:08 AM   #829
LostPrime
Generation 1

Hobby Link Japan has soundwave up right now

https://www.hlj.com/wfc-14-transform...dwave-tkt17192

I managed to get in a pre-order for him and Bumblebee but I see now that bumblebee is showing as "discontinued" which is disconcerting as it never even arrived here in my neck of the woods on store shelves.
LostPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 10:38 AM   #830
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostPrime View Post
Hobby Link Japan has soundwave up right now

https://www.hlj.com/wfc-14-transform...dwave-tkt17192

I managed to get in a pre-order for him and Bumblebee but I see now that bumblebee is showing as "discontinued" which is disconcerting as it never even arrived here in my neck of the woods on store shelves.
I forget which thread it was in, but someone, somewhere mentioned that it appears there is a big restock of shelves coming soon (hopefully).

They mentioned something about NF product being part of that reset/restock. So take that with a grain of salt, but there is a chance we will see more product in the coming weeks.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
walmart