Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-24-2019, 09:23 PM   #81
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions
Re: haslab unicron

I preordered it. I was planning on selling a chunk of my collection anyway (it wasn't fitting with my direction or space) so I'm funding it that way.

How many times does something like this open up to Canadians? And it looks amazing. And based on my read of the reviews and such for the Star Wars Haslab project, these things turn out really well quality whys. There won't be feature cuts, there will likely be feature additions. This is a crown jewel of a collection sort of thing.

That's my rationale anyway.

But I'm really skeptical if this will get funded. It's a lot of money and how will they keep momentum and interest up after the first week? They haven't broken 2000 yet.
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 10:02 PM   #82
Landstander
Generation 2

I think with tt mall, tfsource,and bbts offering it for sale will probably get it to the 8000 orders needed.
Landstander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 10:12 PM   #83
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnydark View Post
There is no way this is going to get funded. Transformers just aren't that popular anymore.
What? Not popular? Transformers and Marvel Legends are like the most popular toys right now. They sell out all of the time.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 10:37 PM   #84
Msol
Titanium

Yeah, this thing is doing better than the Jabba Barge so far, and that thing hit 8800.
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 11:39 PM   #85
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
TF Source put Unicron up for preorder for $779.99 US. Serisously, who would pay that kind of price? TF Source acts like scalpers most of the time.
Keep in mind BBTS MAY not be paying less than the 574.99 the crowdfunding is going for, so if they are ordering several of them without any discount, yeah their price makes sense. I dunno though. Maybe Haslab is giving them a deal.

I am waiting for the transformation video before I decide but everyone I talk to keeps telling me to get it because I really do like what they did here. Plus, I would LOVE to see this Unicron go against my 3A Metal Gear Ray which is pretty damn big as well. (not a reason to buy Unicron, just a cool thought)
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 02:18 AM   #86
funkmasterke
Custom User Title

Almost a grand for a hasbro product? Easy pass.

Also for something that is a kickstarter and also retailing at $600 usd, I would have expected some better engineering. The legs still have the shell pieces super visible...
Old 07-25-2019, 09:46 AM   #87
justprime
Animated

And the large backpack ...I agree for the out lay of coin and a possible two year + wait I would expect a lot more consideration and design would have gone into hiding all the pannels....
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:35 AM   #88
Pascal
Banned

If you want Unicron to turn into a perfect sphere, all the surface panels have to go somewhere... They tried to avoid that with the Armada version but then we ended up with something that looked more like a dome than a sphere.

Last edited by Pascal; 07-25-2019 at 06:07 PM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 04:04 PM   #89
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
And the large backpack ...I agree for the out lay of coin and a possible two year + wait I would expect a lot more consideration and design would have gone into hiding all the pannels....
It's a pretty compact backpack, considering. Some impressive panel folding.

Like, compare it say to the BW Neo Unicron that got shelved. THAT had a backpack.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:03 PM   #90
justprime
Animated

For the cost ..for the amount of time to develope and the means to do so given current tech.with the size of this i still believe that the back pack and leg kibble could be further minimized or done away with all together (for this premium toy) in this instance....and yes going back even to the original unicrons that never made a production run its an improvement....but could be so much more....again a billion dollar company asking for funding when there market research has already proven this has sales like the gold convoy funding...
.....will see what a two year wait brings
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote