Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 04:24 AM   #1
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Zeta ZV-02 Core Star (Unicron)

May as well make a new thread for discussing this guy. Basically share your thoughts on the figure, compare it to the Haslab (pros and cons), etc. It really looks amazing.

Here is a link on Show Z if you want to preorder it or just browse the updated pictures (they usually update the ad when they receive new information).

https://showzstore.com/pre-order-zet...aos_p1553.html

This is the transformation/articulation video for the test shot of Zeta's Unicron:

https://youtu.be/ykXrKvD5kRc

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 09-11-2019 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:28 AM   #2
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise
Re: Zeta ZV-02 Core Star (Unicron)

Zeta sucks. He's way too small, doesn't have chomping jaws and is totally IP theft. Real Unicron all the way. I'm a backer.
My Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=20919

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21836
Old 09-09-2019, 06:48 AM   #3
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

I'm in on this.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:06 AM   #4
TRUCKvsGUN

Looks weird, esp that face.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
Old 09-09-2019, 08:38 AM   #5
Gatchatron
Transmutated

Yeah - I don't see it, this whole "OMG! Zeta blows HasLab out of the water!" take a few folks have here.

It's... good... the better integration of parts/panels is impressive-ish from an engineering aspect - but hardly a stage 10 "wow" factor for me (now, admittedly, I'm the one and only person who kinda likes Haslabs leg-shells).

That all said - is what I don't (relatively) like for Zetacron worth saving (I think) like 50% of the cost of Haslab's?

Hmm. I do have to think about that.

When it comes to Haslab - I do prefer it, BUT: It really doesn't seem to have the "kerpow" factor that a $1000 (Jesus Christ!) collectible damn well should come with.

In conclusion: I remain indecisive.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:01 AM   #6
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatchatron View Post
Yeah - I don't see it, this whole "OMG! Zeta blows HasLab out of the water!" take a few folks have here.

It's... good... the better integration of parts/panels is impressive-ish from an engineering aspect - but hardly a stage 10 "wow" factor for me (now, admittedly, I'm the one and only person who kinda likes Haslabs leg-shells).

That all said - is what I don't (relatively) like for Zetacron worth saving (I think) like 50% of the cost of Haslab's?

Hmm. I do have to think about that.

When it comes to Haslab - I do prefer it, BUT: It really doesn't seem to have the "kerpow" factor that a $1000 (Jesus Christ!) collectible damn well should come with.

In conclusion: I remain indecisive.
I don't think it blows Haslab out of the water but the price point is a little over 1/3 of Haslab. $580 USD vs $210 USD. The panel integration is far better on Zeta and since it will replace the 25th Anniversary edition for me I'm fine with it. My only other gripe with Haslab is pay now and wait 2 years before it's done where as Zeta should be done by December. It's a matter of chopice, you want Haslab you get Haslab, you want Zeta, you get Zeta.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:15 AM   #7
Pascal
Banned

I wouldn't be surprised to see more takes on Unicron before the HasLab one gets released. I can already see a bunch of pissed off buyers stuck with their preorder while superior (and likely cheaper) versions are being released...
Old 09-09-2019, 10:39 AM   #8
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Something that others have brought up and I've been thinking about too is, will the color scheme still be correct in both modes considering so many planet mode panels become bot mode parts? It seems like there might be sacrifices in that respect due to the transformation.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:23 AM   #9
joelones
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelyken View Post
Something that others have brought up and I've been thinking about too is, will the color scheme still be correct in both modes considering so many planet mode panels become bot mode parts? It seems like there might be sacrifices in that respect due to the transformation.

That's totally gonna be an issue with the Zeta. Benefit of a shell-former, colour management in both modes can be independent. We'll see how it turns out.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:22 PM   #10
Marcotron
Robot Master

I'm trying to find a good image of Unicron's back from the movie, but I don't recall him having "back abs" EDIT: He actually does have back abs. When the dinobots attack his butt, you see his back.

Zeta's transformation is a different approach, and that is cool. The planet sphere all integrates into the robot, even if much of it is flipping around and revealing a robot panel on the inside of the sphere panel. The shoulder are cool how they come together.

In short, I can't afford either of them, but I like to give my opinion anyways.
Does anyone want to buy my 25th anniversary MISB Unicron?

Last edited by Marcotron; 09-09-2019 at 12:26 PM.
Closed Thread