Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-13-2014, 02:37 PM   #11
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: So, any shred of loyalty and respect I have to ToysRUs is GONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
I don't know dude. I would have gone about it a different way. Personally, if I knew the sealed box on the floor had the figure I wanted, I would have called a staff member to tell me if I can get the figure, if not right away, how long I'd have to wait. By opening boxes you are assuming the product prices are registered in the system. I don't know how it works, but what if you get up there to check out and it doesn't scan? Then you create more questions. Just saying...
I'm with Multiplex on this. Personally, I think trying to open the box put them on the defensive, and got you labelled as a personal no grata.

I've found that how much help you get changes each time you ask and the time of the day it is. But I can say that I've asked for an employee to get me something from the shelves above within the last year, and they spent the time to go get a lift to help me out.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:00 PM   #12
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

I help Toys R Us with customer service and making the TF pegs and shelves nice in Whitby maybe I should get an application and get paid for it but only if I work near the Transformers, lol.

As for Joshimus, dude I think a little patience might have gotten you a little farther with the staff maybe not. It seems like a unionized shop with out the union and the dues.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:21 PM   #13
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Entitlement is a bitch, Huh?

Last edited by Team Jetfire; 05-13-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:02 PM   #14
joshimus
Metroplex

My issue is that since the guy is on break, and I had to be somewhere, they wouldn't put it on hold or anything because they can't open the box to do shit. I basically have to chance it another time even though it is right there.
You guys do have valid points, but even if I had asked upfront without trying to open the box, she would have said no. She flat out told me that even before I went to complain, even before she said she had to take it to the back. My time is valid too and I had to be somewhere so waiting wasn't an option for me. Customers shouldn't have to wait till someone else is done lunch to open a box that is RIGHT there, near it's section, has an employee competent enough to deal with it, and is good to go on shelves. This is the issue I have. It's one of the reasons I was turned off from Wal-mart years ago. Same thing. Saw a box, asked if they would open it and she said "not working on that right now"...but your right here, in the toy section...where you COULD be doing that right now and selling something...
I've been a loyal customer of that TRU all my life. They KNOW me. I've even worked there as a kid. The customer service girl I went to see remembers me from that time I worked there. When I get price adjustments I have the balance put on a gift card for 2 reasons:
1: Gonna use it anyway
2: It feels like the right thing to do.
I've show the company respect over the years. I'd rather buy from TRU. I guess now, where ever I find toys, that's where I will buy. Price adjustments are now refunds and not GC.
It's not much asking them to open a box so I can continue with my day and get the HTF figure too. I used to look for books in the back at Indigo all the time for people.

This idea that only one person can put stock out is mind boggling, and if they aren't there, tough shit. It makes no sense. You aren't preventing scalpers from getting toys, you are giving them more opportunity by not helping someone who is in the store with you.

You can call that entitled all you want, I don't need special treatment, but if customer service is all about "I'm not doing that right now" or "they are on break so too bad", then what's the point of customer service?! If you are restricted in how you help people buy things they are trying to find, then what's the point in even being there?
If the moment she thought I was gonna open the box put her on defensive, then maybe she could have been a bit more polite about it too. As soon as she stopped me, I politely asked her if she could open it. Her defensiveness should have been a positive thing, like maybe she can give me options on what to do next, something like "I can take your name and when he's done I can ask him to put it aside". I do that where I work all the time. I even call people back.
I dunno. Maybe things are unionized there now. Maybe stepping on the wrong toes is an issue. Whatever it is, I've NEVER experienced this at Oakville Tru, EVER. Nor Burlington. Even the new Stoney Creek they've been helpful. It's just this Hamilton one. WTF happened? It used to be such a great place but the last few years, what happened?
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:03 PM   #15
Vorahk
Energon

I have never had that happen before. I've actually opened boxes at tru(ask first though) to find what I need. Hell I've done it while the head of the store was watching. Example when I grabbed my wAspy and skids the entire management team was chatting 10 feet away.
Vorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:09 PM   #16
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by chovner View Post
You don't work there so you have no business opening the boxes and telling them you could just stock the pegs for them. You wouldn't walk behind McDonald's counter and tell them "Don't worry I'll make my own Big Mac", doesn't matter how long you've been going there.
Sorry I'm on TRU's side for this one.
So, how about why THEY can't open the box? Or get my name for when the guy comes back? Why was it immediately a "Taking this to the back now because of that" thing? That's what's bothering me. It seemed personal, but i've never given them a reason to think I was a scalper or screwing them over. As far as I know anyway.

Last edited by joshimus; 05-13-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:12 PM   #17
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
HAS ANYONE REALLY CLUE IN YET THAT TOY R US IS IN TROUBLE WITH LOW SALES. THINK ABOUT A WORLD WITHOUT TOYS R US AND ONLY BEING ABLE TO GET TOYS FROM THEM ONLINE? ITS GOING TO HAPPEN SOONER THAN LATER .
I worry about a lot of stores turning to only online. Destruction of brick and mortar stores is a horrible future.
That said, I'm just not going to show the same respect to that TRU anymore. I'm one person, I'm sure it won't dent them.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:17 PM   #18
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus

I'm with multiplex and most of the other guys on this.

Also, they ARE allowed to go in the back and look for stock.

Cheers
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:18 PM   #19
Leozak
Robots in the skies!
Leozak's Ebay Auctions

That's why it's on the SALES floor.
Leozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:18 PM   #20
mAk
Machine War

Thank you Chovner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chovner View Post
You don't work there so you have no business opening the boxes and telling them you could just stock the pegs for them. You wouldn't walk behind McDonald's counter and tell them "Don't worry I'll make my own Big Mac", doesn't matter how long you've been going there.
Sorry I'm on TRU's side for this one.
mAk is offline   Reply With Quote